Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which dragons do you want to craft with essence?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    Oh my was it a duplicate?. I can't even see getting rid of my duplicate it's so difficult. I just had the regular diamond dragon until recently. But I've had that since 2012. I can't even part with my duplicates. I love them all so much. I can only send off commons even though they don't do much. I have three forest fires. But I think they're expired super rares I can't get myself to push the button. I can't trade em. I think I have a problem. Lol
    I was just having this exact conversation with friends who don't play. They naturally think I'm barmy but seeing someone else having the same sort of struggle makes me feel better. So far I've only been able to bring myself to trade duplicate dragons that are standard breeding. I have a stable full of limited and event duplicates but I'm struggling to let them go. Why exactly I'm saving them, I'm not sure. I can't display them or use them in any way but thinking of trading them makes me antsy.

Thankfully after years of diligent hoarding I have lots of triplicates so I can at least let myself trade the expired dragons so long as I have one on display and one in the stable left. I've really got to work on letting them go, I know. I think that a small part of me has pie-in-the-sky dreams about one day being able to trade with my neighbors. So when I'm about to trade an expired duplicate, in the back of my mind I'm constantly wondering if one day down the line I'll regret it.

I'll give S8 credit where it is due, this game really gets it's hooks into a certain type of person. The entire reason I play is to collect the dragons but I didn't realize how obsessive I was about it until recently.

i know it's an ugly dragon but am going to try to get a Prism dragon. When I did my boosted speed breeding of diamonds, I was trying for this one and blew a lot of the gold on it. Next after that might be the Chakra dragon, or the Glimmer dragon, or Dark Angel.

I used to have a lot of dragons that I had missed but recently most of them came back as minor event prizes, so I now have them safely in storage already (Samurai, Witch, etc)
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on which champ is the strongest? Like which would be good to get? (I aready have Glasswing, Mithril and Unruly)
    For a Champ hybrid I recommend Gentle Knight or Light Mother. If you play bingo, the color hybrids can come in quite handy, e.g. "win with a yellow type dragon", but also in battle the hybrid champs often have better odds than the pure champs. I still need a purple hybrid, have all the other simple colors covered.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post
    For a Champ hybrid I recommend Gentle Knight or Light Mother. If you play bingo, the color hybrids can come in quite handy, e.g. "win with a yellow type dragon", but also in battle the hybrid champs often have better odds than the pure champs. I still need a purple hybrid, have all the other simple colors covered.
    oh true, good point

Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    Oh my was it a duplicate?. I can't even see getting rid of my duplicate it's so difficult. I just had the regular diamond dragon until recently. But I've had that since 2012. I can't even part with my duplicates. I love them all so much. I can only send off commons even though they don't do much. I have three forest fires. But I think they're expired super rares I can't get myself to push the button. I can't trade em. I think I have a problem. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I was just having this exact conversation with friends who don't play. They naturally think I'm barmy but seeing someone else having the same sort of struggle makes me feel better. So far I've only been able to bring myself to trade duplicate dragons that are standard breeding. I have a stable full of limited and event duplicates but I'm struggling to let them go. Why exactly I'm saving them, I'm not sure. I can't display them or use them in any way but thinking of trading them makes me antsy.

Thankfully after years of diligent hoarding I have lots of triplicates so I can at least let myself trade the expired dragons so long as I have one on display and one in the stable left. I've really got to work on letting them go, I know. I think that a small part of me has pie-in-the-sky dreams about one day being able to trade with my neighbors. So when I'm about to trade an expired duplicate, in the back of my mind I'm constantly wondering if one day down the line I'll regret it.

I'll give S8 credit where it is due, this game really gets it's hooks into a certain type of person. The entire reason I play is to collect the dragons but I didn't realize how obsessive I was about it until recently.
    Same here, after seeing them add the codex and essense trading, it makes me wonder if I should hold on to some of my best duplicates in case they introduce some new feature that's even better in future. I'm hesitant to trade my diamond hybrids (even the 5 extra Crusaders I have). When they introduced the notion of "stamina" in the battle arena it actually made sense to have duplicates of strong type combinations since one could get "tired" if used too many times in consecutive arena battles.
    Bye Attachment 67493

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:

My FashionS boutiques!

Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Same here, after seeing them add the codex and essense trading, it makes me wonder if I should hold on to some of my best duplicates in case they introduce some new feature that's even better in future. I'm hesitant to trade my diamond hybrids (even the 5 extra Crusaders I have). When they introduced the notion of "stamina" in the battle arena it actually made sense to have duplicates of strong type combinations since one could get "tired" if used too many times in consecutive arena battles.
    What is this concept of stamina? They can actually get tired if they battle too much?

Farm Supplier
    Anyone have any thoughts on which champ is the strongest? Like which would be good to get? (I aready have Glasswing, Mithril and Unruly)
    Valiant and Glasswing are the MUST have champions. They are the only two true Ultra Rare champions in the arena, have a wide swath of type advantages, and very few type disadvantages. If you have these two at Level 15, plus two pure Level 15 Diamonds to fight other champs, the odds are now in your favor for any tournament!

After these two, the list becomes more debatable. I personally prioritize hybrid champs that are double strong vs. the most common colors, for example - Wardrum (adv vs. yellow & pink), Honor (adv vs. red & white), Harmony Knight (adv vs. black, purple), Amazon or Unruly (adv vs. green), etc.

-Serpentray

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentray View Post
    Valiant and Glasswing are the MUST have champions. They are the only two true Ultra Rare champions in the arena, have a wide swath of type advantages, and very few type disadvantages. If you have these two at Level 15, plus two pure Level 15 Diamonds to fight other champs, the odds are now in your favor for any tournament!

After these two, the list becomes more debatable. I personally prioritize hybrid champs that are double strong vs. the most common colors, for example - Wardrum (adv vs. yellow & pink), Honor (adv vs. red & white), Harmony Knight (adv vs. black, purple), Amazon or Unruly (adv vs. green), etc.

-Serpentray
    Interesting, thank you! I would love to get Valiant but I think I'll wait until I can breed it (even if that will literally take forever) because I don't want to spend essence on something breedable. Same with Diamond. Thank you for the other suggestions as well

In the end, I want to get all of them! (Probably physically impossible lol). I am definitely going to start with Mindvolt. I had it on my old account and it was one of my favourites. I was sad to see that it expired. My next one will be a champion. I want to stick with unbreedable dragons because if I keep trying, eventually I will be able to get the Diamons hybrids, or Valiant. I don't want to use up 1600 essence on something I can breed (also it feels more satisfying when I breed it)
    I think a lot of older dragons have rotated in as event prizes, so it would be really sad if you saved up 800 essense to trade for a dragon that then returned as an event prize in a later event. I think the only safe bets are dragons that in the past can only be bought with gold (food, bomb, dynamite if they can be called with essense) and diamond hybrids if there is nothing else I want. I really wanted Incognito a while ago, but am probably not going to prioritise that since that dragon might return in later event, maybe next Halloween. I probably won't have enough essense saved to even get one dragon before then anyway.
    Bye Attachment 67493

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:

My FashionS boutiques!

Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I think a lot of older dragons have rotated in as event prizes, so it would be really sad if you saved up 800 essense to trade for a dragon that then returned as an event prize in a later event. I think the only safe bets are dragons that in the past can only be bought with gold (food, bomb, dynamite if they can be called with essense) and diamond hybrids if there is nothing else I want. I really wanted Incognito a while ago, but am probably not going to prioritise that since that dragon might return in later event, maybe next Halloween. I probably won't have enough essense saved to even get one dragon before then anyway.
    Yeah, that's true. I guess you never know what will appear if they've been coming back. I suppose it's always a bit of a risk.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast