Thread: Forum Search Feature

Fashion Designer

Forum Search Feature

Kinda OT (but mentioned in the OP...) but is there a way to improve the search feature on this site? Not to be rude, but it is awful. It's difficult to even find the thread for a specific dragon, and that should be super easy. And anything more complicated than that ... just forget about it.

For example, let's say I want info about the Daywing Dragon. Here are the completely useless results that pop up when I type "Daywing" or "Daywing Dragon" in the search bar:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	42647

The main thread for the Daywing Dragon should be the first result, and it's not even on the first page. It should not take an advanced search to locate basic info. The advanced search feature doesn't even help. When I directed it to search all thread titles for the word "Daywing" it gave me "sorry- no matches" as the result.

Really, this whole site needs to be reorganized to be more user-friendly.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-08-18 at 11:07 AM. Reason: discussing mod actions- see form rules

Executive Chef
    I do my query search on Google with the following text

"your search keyword(s)" space "storm8" space "forum" ★

You'll get something of importance after that (: ★
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Fashion Designer
    Just had same problem. When i search On here i get the wrong game and everything. Cant find post about stables. Figured i have to ask and wait for kooky to direct me. Ill try the google search i guess.

Executive Chef
    I agree and it's been like that for years!! HA HA

I also just use Google, it at least got me really close when I was looking for something specific.
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)