View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

30 32.61%
  • I didn't like this event

48 52.17%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

54 58.70%
  • Ivy deer

40 43.48%
  • Topiary bunny

33 35.87%
  • Butterfly cage

31 33.70%
  • Topiary cow

23 25.00%
  • Topiary chicken

15 16.30%
  • Topiary pig

18 19.57%
  • Topiary sheep

16 17.39%
  • Topiary farmer

19 20.65%
  • Topiary flying pig

17 18.48%
  • Swirly topiary

29 31.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Topiary Expo - 2018 March 7 (POLL ADDED)

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    If you turned in 18 collections why didn't you give nine of the white Hibiscus to Morgan for the pet Topiary Rabbit

The Rabbit was not in the Collections house but was the quest.

I always do the quest for a pet first because luck based events are liked by the person getting what they want. I was really happy that the Storm8 team gave a pet for doing the quest as well as a pet for the luck based part of the event.
    I wanted the fawn more than the rabbit. Kind of surprised you are defending this event. I am glad you were Really Happy. lol

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilliepaddd View Post
    Seriously are you kidding me lol. Worst event since the leaderboards! Too much time wasted, lost sleep, gems used. I don?t see winning the deer. I have zero luck as well whereas the same players in my hood always getting the prizes. Seems rigged. The chances were even slimmer with the absolute ridiculously low drop rate. That?s why they are on sale. They do it on purpose. Very disappointed in Storm 8 as usual. Not ever going to recommend it ever. Time to step away! Peace out. Done done done.

This game is fun and the events keep it interesting. Sometimes events go well for me and other times I get nothing. I begin each event with the hope that I will get the prize but I?m not going to stress over it or lose sleep or stay on my phone 24/7 just to win. I do understand that some people spend actual money and use gems but doing so does not guarantee that I will finish the event so I choose not to do that. If I don?t get the prize sure it sucks but oh well. There will be other events and prizes. I also think it would get boring if they made the events easier or changed it so that everyone won the prize. Of course you can feel differently. Sorry you didn?t enjoy it.

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigsfarm7 View Post
    I wanted the fawn more than the rabbit. Kind of surprised you are defending this event. I am glad you were Really Happy. lol
    I was happy because there was two pets.
    One from the quest the Bunny Topiary
    Then there was the luck based part for the Ivy Deer.
    I have been on both sides of the fence in luck based events.
    Turned in over 75 collections long ago in a Halloween luck based event before I got the hot dog pet.
    One easter event there was two pets a cat and a dog and I turned in dozens of collections and didn't get either pet.
    That is why I was very happy to see both a quest and a luck based in this event.
    Now selling a boost building to help with the event seems to be the new format for the events.
    If I really have my heart set on an event pet I have no problem buying the boost building to help.
    Always seems to be some machine that doesn't have a good drop rate so the boost building helps.
    Darn right I am happy every time I turn on my computer and see an event.
    We went a long time with no events but the game survived.
    I agree with Paul and tya_bakery and Scalezzzz there will hopefully continue to be new events with new pets.
    Some we will win and some we won't.
    I am very sorry you didn't get the deer but unfortunately luck based events there will be the player that got it in the first few collections and then others that turn in dozens and lose.
    The studio drop was really bad and thank goodness I had two studios and the Ivy house to help.

Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    I was happy because there was two pets.
    One from the quest the Bunny Topiary
    Then there was the luck based part for the Ivy Deer.
    I have been on both sides of the fence in luck based events.
    Turned in over 75 collections long ago in a Halloween luck based event before I got the hot dog pet.
    One easter event there was two pets a cat and a dog and I turned in dozens of collections and didn't get either pet.
    That is why I was very happy to see both a quest and a luck based in this event.
    Now selling a boost building to help with the event seems to be the new format for the events.
    If I really have my heart set on an event pet I have no problem buying the boost building to help.
    Always seems to be some machine that doesn't have a good drop rate so the boost building helps.
    Darn right I am happy every time I turn on my computer and see an event.
    We went a long time with no events but the game survived.
    I agree with Paul and tya_bakery and Scalezzzz there will hopefully continue to be new events with new pets.
    Some we will win and some we won't.
    I am very sorry you didn't get the deer but unfortunately luck based events there will be the player that got it in the first few collections and then others that turn in dozens and lose.
    The studio drop was really bad and thank goodness I had two studios and the Ivy house to help.
    Agreed. It's not too big of a deal if you don't complete an event. We get an event like every two weeks and sometimes the grand prizes for events can come back in a sale or from Pimper's Tree House.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Farm Supplier
    I was only able to craft 18 flowers from the studio. I took a huge risk and turned them all in hoping for a deer. So... no deer and no rabbit. Oh, well, I thought it was a interesting event anyway. I like how they mixed up the goals even though the drop rate was super frustrating. At least now I can get a good nights sleep, lol.

Executive Chef
    Well, that's it for me. Turned in 14 collections, received back 2 Topiary Farmers, 4 Topiary Chickens, 1 Topiary Sheep, 1 Topiary Pig, 1 Topiary Flying Pig, 3 Swirly Topiary, 1 Topiary Cow, and 1 Butterfly Cage. Missed out on the Sprinkler and the Ivy Deer. Would have liked to have gotten the Ivy Deer, but oh well.

I did get the Topiary Bunny, though, so I am happy about that, at least. I did have to buy the Ivy Workshop, and used up a bunch of gems in the end to get the last two collections in (I could technically manage one more, but the odds are against success--I'd probably get another Topiary Chicken--so I think not), but it didn't work, so I'll just have to take another loss and hope that one day I'll actually have enough gems to buy the Ivy Deer if/when it appears in the market. Missed the Spring Fawn a few years ago, so I was hoping to get it the Ivy Fawn this year, but oh well. I do have the Blossom Fawn, though, so my farm isn't entirely deer-less.

Congratulations to everyone who received either the Ivy Deer or the Topiary Bunny, and a big congratulations to those who received both!

Decided to forgo the rabbit and take a gamble on the deer.... And won it on my third draw! I'm so happy!
    How do I get the fawn meadow? I got a little over-excited and bought the wrong habitat 😅
    Last edited by CierzoKitchen; 03-19-18 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CierzoKitchen View Post
    Decided to forego the rabbit and take a gamble on the deer.... And won it on my third draw! I'm so happy!
    How do I get the fawn meadow? I got a little over-excited and bought the wrong habitat ��
    I'm not sure, but in my game it was at the very bottom of the Pets menu in the Market, shaded out behind the "Locked by Goal" tag.

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Well, that's it for me. Turned in 14 collections, received back 2 Topiary Farmers, 4 Topiary Chickens, 1 Topiary Sheep, 1 Topiary Pig, 1 Topiary Flying Pig, 3 Swirly Topiary, 1 Topiary Cow, and 1 Butterfly Cage. Missed out on the Sprinkler and the Ivy Deer. Would have liked to have gotten the Ivy Deer, but oh well.

I did get the Topiary Bunny, though, so I am happy about that, at least. I did have to buy the Ivy Workshop, and used up a bunch of gems in the end to get the last two collections in (I could technically manage one more, but the odds are against success--I'd probably get another Topiary Chicken--so I think not), but it didn't work, so I'll just have to take another loss and hope that one day I'll actually have enough gems to buy the Ivy Deer if/when it appears in the market. Missed the Spring Fawn a few years ago, so I was hoping to get it the Ivy Fawn this year, but oh well. I do have the Blossom Fawn, though, so my farm isn't entirely deer-less.

Congratulations to everyone who received either the Ivy Deer or the Topiary Bunny, and a big congratulations to those who received both!
    I also got all the prizes besides the Sprinkler and the Ivy Deer. Not too big of a deal since we get a new event every 2 weeks as i said above.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    and used up a bunch of gems in the end to get the last two collections in (I could technically manage one more, but the odds are against success--I'd probably get another Topiary Chicken
    One day they will put the show ponys on sale and hopefully me and you will Finally be able to buy one.