View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

30 32.61%
  • I didn't like this event

48 52.17%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

54 58.70%
  • Ivy deer

40 43.48%
  • Topiary bunny

33 35.87%
  • Butterfly cage

31 33.70%
  • Topiary cow

23 25.00%
  • Topiary chicken

15 16.30%
  • Topiary pig

18 19.57%
  • Topiary sheep

16 17.39%
  • Topiary farmer

19 20.65%
  • Topiary flying pig

17 18.48%
  • Swirly topiary

29 31.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Topiary Expo - 2018 March 7 (POLL ADDED)

Ok i really having no luck getting the white hibiscus - initially i got 2 and then nothing for the whole of today . I have crafted many many scarves already , tried buttons but still no white hibiscus

Rhino Keeper
    I agree I'm selling mine I've made so many and no drops!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGlass View Post
    I like these sort of events/tasks as you don?t have to participate fully, as longs you do the first few tasks, you can just collect to turn in at the end. I am however amazed at how people are saying the have had 35 turn ins, so far I have about 7 in total due to the length of time crafts take in the studio, even with booster flags, think I get 1 flower to 14 collections (I have 2 studios), it?s made the effort collecting from pigs etc beforehand seem such a waste of time. I did buy the ivy workshop unfortunately for full price and with real money so was fuming when it went in the sale, that isn?t fair at all, it?s not much use either as the crafts again take so long. On the upside though, it has helped me level up and make coins so there is a good side to it, we may not get the pet but hey ho, good luck everyone xx
    Here's the thing. I get it when u buy something for full price, then it goes on sale. I learned this lesson in the last event, when I bought the hay thingie for full price then it went on sale, and I was like, d'oh! That was alot of gems! But I get it. I mean, storm8 is not a charity. They have developers that need to be paid. So they need us to use real money. I avoid it where I can, but when u end up investing alot of time and enjoyment, u end up in a situation where u are maybe willing to give up a few bucks to a it. My son's Xbox cost money. His games cost money. I'm a writer, so I sit at my computer all day and I write,and sometimes I sit at S'bucks for hours to do it. I can sit there for free, but it's kinda bad form to do that and not order anything. So I get my $5 mocha and have a place to sit and schmooze. I see it as the same with the game. I try to spend as little as possible, so I learned from the past event, and when the ivy building was offered I waited. It meant giving up time I could be using, but I knew the thing g would go on sale. It did, and I then bought it. Totally worth it to me. I do NOT like spending gems accidentally, that bugs to no end. But... Stormy is building risk into the game on purpose. They need to generate revenue. It's also likely why drops are tight in some of the flowers, cuz they want to make it a challenge so u'll give up and spend gems, which r likely to mean u have to spend money. I do think some drops are way too tight, as in will drive ppl away, but overall It's a good business model, and honestly, there is alot u can do in 4th is game for free. I'll take it over dang ads, which I hate. This is better! So maybe approach this one as a learning experience and next event, wait on the building boost and see if that works out better for u.

New Resident
    I've tried buttons, linen flowers, scarves, and more yet only a few drops of the hibiscus from the studio stage 10. This is beyond ridiculous!

I'm with everybody else I've tried everything with the studio I've got two going constantly and getting nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or has anything helped

This is the most disappointing event we’ve ever had. I have seen times where drop rates were poor but nothing compares to this event. The last three daffodils were by far the very worst. The apple trees, chocolatier were both quite stingy and continue to be so. But nothing, and I say nothing, comes anywhere close to the studio. I made a mistake by trying to complete the last task and used my few white daisies. Seriously, even if I make daffies non-stop, I will probably only be able to complete 10 turn ins, hahahaha. What else can you do at this point is just seriously laugh. I truly don’t mind this being a luck event as to what we get when we turn in our collections, but not to even get enough to have a decent shot is sad. So, I’m looking forward to rating this event. Btw, I have been playing for about 1 1/2 years and I really have loved all the events, even those that were tough. So not hating on the game or the developers, just trying to give some constructive feedback.

New Resident
    I am ready to give up on this game, well over 30 collections turned in and No Deer yet. I have no drops from the sugar spinner after making 20 chocolate cotton candy and Nothing from the Studio. The Guinea Pig event was the same thing, I spent a lot of gems and money to get NOTHING!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Not sure why you felt it was unfair... buying the Ivy workshop early gave you 6 days to craft the collection items and turn in more times before it went on sale on the 7th day which was near the tail end of the event. Players who bought it during the sale lost out the 6 days advantage you got.

Didn?t realise it would go in the sale but now I know I will be mindful next time as paid real money out for gams to get it, which occasionally I don?t mind if it helps keep the game going, it?s just the feeling we all get when we buy something then it goes in a sale, normal human feeling - also didn?t realise how long the crafts take in the workshop till after I?d bought it and drops being rare, I wasn?t able to make flowers as quick as I thought x

Drops are random and it varies from farm to farm. Basically, the definition of random conflicts with consistency. I'm sure you have noticed some of your days' drops are better than your other days'. Use your Ivy Workshop to craft those items which are of lower drops.
    Yes I have noticed that, just wish they were more consistent as everyone else also feels x

The drop rate is excruciatingly slow. It?s very discouraging when you have to work so hard and you get so little. I?ve turned in dozens of collections and have not received the pink deer yet this happened with the last event and I never received the tri-colored guinea pig. And that was on my birthday. It was very disheartening. I know a lot of people have quit, either play in the game altogether or doing the events because of the frustration it causes. Please increase the drop rates so these are more manageable

Same here. Really disappointed given started last goal on day it opened. yesterday I used last 2 bronze cowbells that ended this morning. (only got silver cowbells recently, nothing to use them with). Lots of scarfs, buttons and other items sold on and still only 4 flowers. About to go bed with early start work so that’s me out of game unless up due to bad weather stopping me sleep.

I too love the game but believe it should be achievable or be advertised as “you HAVE to make in app purchases to complete this task”.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondiegirlhi View Post
    This is the most disappointing event we’ve ever had. I have seen times where drop rates were poor but nothing compares to this event. The last three daffodils were by far the very worst. The apple trees, chocolatier were both quite stingy and continue to be so. But nothing, and I say nothing, comes anywhere close to the studio. I made a mistake by trying to complete the last task and used my few white daisies. Seriously, even if I make daffies non-stop, I will probably only be able to complete 10 turn ins, hahahaha. What else can you do at this point is just seriously laugh. I truly don’t mind this being a luck event as to what we get when we turn in our collections, but not to even get enough to have a decent shot is sad. So, I’m looking forward to rating this event. Btw, I have been playing for about 1 1/2 years and I really have loved all the events, even those that were tough. So not hating on the game or the developers, just trying to give some constructive feedback.