Thread: Forever bands

Host(ess)

Forever bands

The game is saying there is four days left to collect forever and beloved bands. I need 125 forever bands left to get. Today breeding has not given me my bands 475 owing in total can you check this please.

The Honorable Panda
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-06-18 at 11:52 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    To clarify, the goal is on for a few extra days after the event ends so players have a little buffer to complete it. The loot stops dropping when it ends, with the exception of the Forever Bands which dropped for a couple extra days.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To clarify, the goal is on for a few extra days after the event ends so players have a little buffer to complete it. The loot stops dropping when it ends, with the exception of the Forever Bands which dropped for a couple extra days.
    If that is true, how is anyone supposed to know that? I calculated my breeding and collecting to make sure I can get the bands in the time limit given of the goal. The goal says 2 days left and I could have made it but now I'm not getting bands. That's like bait and switch!

On another note, the previous two goals of this sort gave the items needed until the clock hit 00:00.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    If that is true, how is anyone supposed to know that? I calculated my breeding and collecting to make sure I can get the bands in the time limit given of the goal. The goal says 2 days left and I could have made it but now I'm not getting bands. That's like bait and switch!

On another note, the previous two goals of this sort gave the items needed until the clock hit 00:00.
    The event was only for that month, as shown on the in-game dialog.

To clarify, the goals are available to surface that for a few more days after the event ends players have some extra time to craft the Dragons. This is so that if players were down to the wire collecting but didn't craft yet or want to use Gold to get their last few pieces, they still have some buffer time to craft.

If this is confusing, I can share feedback that you prefer we close this window and instead expire the crafts and goals without the buffer time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The event was only for that month, as shown on the in-game dialog.

To clarify, the goals are available to surface that for a few more days after the event ends players have some extra time to craft the Dragons. This is so that if players were down to the wire collecting but didn't craft yet or want to use Gold to get their last few pieces, they still have some buffer time to craft.

If this is confusing, I can share feedback that you prefer we close this window and instead expire the crafts and goals without the buffer time.
    I already spoke with someone at Storm8 as I thought it was a glitch. This is a bit frustrating since this is literally the only goal that does not allow you to collect to the end of the time limit. It is also not reflected in previous versions of the same goal, as I got enough items to craft Old Klaws with just a few hours left on the timer. So, I was "down to the wire" for Old Klaws (given 35 days on the timer, took almost 35 days) but the wire moved without my knowledge for the Beloved (given 35 days on timer, but stop being able to collect after about 31).

Also, the statement that the dragons are available "a few days after the event ends" is not true as those two dragons are still available to craft. Like EVERY OTHER goal in the game, you should be able to collect items until the time runs out. If Storm8 wants to give you just the span of the month to achieve this goal, they should set their timer as such. So, February's timer should be set for 28 days, not 35.

Literally, ever other goal that has a timer gives you until the end of the timer to achieve the goal - this includes the Dragon Tales, Leaderboard Event, World/Community Event, mining for dragons, dragon breeding goals, etc.

So yes, it is confusing to have ONE GOAL out of many work on a different time table - as in , don't count on the timer, try to figure it out on your own because sometimes we will give you the entire 35 days but sometimes we won't and who knows when!

So, I am a bit frustrated right now, but we shall see if Storm8 corrects it's behavior.