Thread: Does news feed list every update or just some?

Farm Supplier

Does news feed list every update or just some?

So I?ve been going through my neighbor list and purging the dead weight.
    How I?ve been doing this is taking the time to write down the 20 neighbors I ask requests for daily and then going through my news feed and checking off who responded to my request. I delete the ones who consistently do not respond.
    I?ve run into a problem. I noticed that the number of items I need for a particular oven ends up less than the amount of people responding to my requests that shows up in my news feed. I only noticed this recently because even though it?s goal time, I asked for items for a pirate type oven. As in people aren?t going to be randomly sending me pirate flags when they?ll be sending gravitational knobs or whatever. Meaning I?m not forgetting to take into account that I could be receiving more of the items I need from people sending me them additionally, not just responding to my request.
    So I am worried the news feed does not report every neighbor that responds to my requests and that I am potentially deleting good neighbors that actually are responding.
    I check the news feed every couple hours so I am not missing anything

yep, u sdn't take a guidance from news feed: it doesn't show all ppl who accepted yr requests.
    it does show everyone who tipped only. and requests acceptance reports are very, VERY poor there

Farm Supplier
    That?s disheartening.
    Is there a different way I can find out who is not responding to requests?

Thank you for replying

i'm afraid no...

you can ask at their walls, but this is also not 100% sure:
    - they may play and accept, but not speaking english or just not checking walls / not communicating;
    - they may be waking up when you have already received your limit of helps per game day; and this is not really true that "excess" of requests falls to next day - just recently ms. twospoons initiated experiment we made regarding requests (you can check this thread if interesting: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...eighbor-theory)

same time-zone thing can happen to gifts: it cd be that some of yr nbrs have their morning when you already sleep, halft of game-day passed, and you already got your limit of gifts...

there was several threads in forums themed "how to understand that your friends are not active" - actually, this is the question of time you can spend for it, of your insistence to find it out, and of how good your memory is, lol )))

you just have to visit yr nbrs during couple of weeks.

you can exclude from your visit list those from whom you receive gifts regularly.
    you can exclude those who are evidently building and cooking on running goal machines.
    you can exclude those who are regularly tipping you (for this, news feed is a good guide, if only you don't have hellion of tables and neighbors tipping - then the feed won't help much - it's limit of messages is also 20 if i remember right).

keep checking only those whose food stays spoiled / or ovens stay empty during several days.
    try to ask questions you interested in - while visiting.

if you see no reaction and no changes in a.m. described situation in their bakeries during 2-3-4 weeks (for how long you are ready to wait) - then maybe it's time to say goodbye, if this is your target

Farm Supplier
    That?s very helpful, thank you so much

Executive Chef
    I recently did much the same: I wrote down all my neighbors and spent a few days crossing out the names of everyone who tipped/gifted, as well as responded insofar as the news feed would tell me. I also scratched the people who made requests, since they were obviously still playing. I decided to assume they would also answer my requests.

Then I bought an appliance with unusual parts like you did, only I requested just 1 of each part per day. That way I was sure of who responded--if I got one more part, they accepted. If it had been 24 hours and I still had the same number of parts, I deleted that neighbor and moved on. It's the slow method.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Then I bought an appliance with unusual parts like you did, only I requested just 1 of each part per day. That way I was sure of who responded--if I got one more part, they accepted. If it had been 24 hours and I still had the same number of parts, I deleted that neighbor and moved on. It's the slow method.
    i sd say, this is not the first time when we read each other minds!!!

i just thought about it, but found it not very sure in my case: i have tons of parts!!! have no idea wht oven can i build to ask for parts...
    and yes, this is really long story. i think this kind of experiment cd be easy-going couple of years ago, but in running "schedule" of events we have - you are real hero that you did it!
    i'm not very organized, so even if wd find some parts i have to ask for, i wd defintely forgot not to accept the gifts with those parts!

Farm Supplier
    Oh wow yeah that is a sure way to do it. It would take a long time so I probably wont do it for all, but it?s actually a very good idea to test on some neighbors youre no so sure about. Thats pretty smart, thank you