Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Amour Dragon - Tournament 2-23-18

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    I just don't understand that magic stuff. I can't get Amazon. Lost with fire 1 like suggested, Argentinan 14, glass wing 9, leftheart 11, enamored 1,diamond 15, and emotion 8, clown 10, and smitten 14. If the rest are this bad I dont have a chance.
    Honestly, I don't think I have a good understanding of magic and color types or elements.

If I win ... I pat myself on the back thinking that I'm finally "getting it".
    If I lose ... I figure I missed something.

That said, I am now looking LESS at Champion or Diamond types and levels. My first choice is always a great type match regardless of its level.

Here's my (probably off) logic for using Czech (World/Blue/Yellow) against Amazon (Champion/Red):
    Types that are "neutral" against Champion = Diamond, Egypt, Metal, Olympus, Soccer, Valentine
    Types that are good against Red= Yellow, Blue, Stone, Tropic, Champion.
    Types to avoid against Red =
    Green, Dino, Zodiac, Metal, Soccer

1. My Egyptian (Egypt-Blue-Yellow) would be my first choice but he was waiting in the healing spa.
    2. Decided to try Czech (World-Blue-Yellow). If you look at the bottom of the "Type Advantages" chart on page 1, it says that World uses Blue Bubble Magic and when breeding, the World type splits into Blue-Yellow-Green. So Czech is World (Blue-Yellow-green) + Blue + Yellow. He just seemed like a really good choice for me.

p.s. Once I hit 10 fails I use Fire 1 dragons, one after another, because (for me) it usually takes about 3 tries.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCouture2014 View Post
    Finally beaten him with Warrior Princess
    CONGRATS! I don't have most of those awesome battle arena dragons so I'm always looking for "creative" options.

I'm considering building an altar to Storm 8, chanting "Kooky Elsa Flatfoot", while using the healing spa as a lobster boil type pot.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    Honestly, I don't think I have a good understanding of magic and color types or elements.

That said, I am now looking LESS at Champion or Diamond types and levels. My first choice is always a great type match regardless of its level.

Here's my (probably off) logic for using Czech (World/Blue/Yellow) against Amazon (Champion/Red):
    Types that are "neutral" against Champion = Diamond, Egypt, Metal, Olympus, Soccer, Valentine

1. My Egyptian (Egypt-Blue-Yellow) would be my first choice but he was waiting in the healing spa.
    2. Decided to try Czech (World-Blue-Yellow). If you look at the bottom of the "Type Advantages" chart on page 1, it says that World uses Blue Bubble Magic and when breeding, the World type splits into Blue-Yellow-Green. So Czech is World (Blue-Yellow-green) + Blue + Yellow. He just seemed like a really good choice for me.

p.s. Once I hit 10 fails I use Fire 1 dragons, one after another, because (for me) it usually takes about 3 tries.

Thank you for explanation. I had same thought process hence using Argentinan 14 (world , yellow, blue) after the wild card lvl 1 fire didn't work. I stuck with that thought process later. Trying to work in light against the black magic? Nothing made sense. Level 3 lovers dragon finally won. And really had absolutely no reasoning to it at all.

Banned

I always do this when going into battles as well. I used to use champs and diamonds in tourneys until I figured out that they're useless most of the time. There's a few exceptions like Mithril and a few champion hybrids.

Banned
    This tournament for me was kind of a shame on you for putting on a 42 rounder and the prize is not a champion. Valentine/champion would've been a great combo.
    Next tournament I will go back to normal and use my color calculator for battles.
    I'm glad my results in this one were entertaining to some of you, it was to me, lol.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    This tournament for me was kind of a shame on you for putting on a 42 rounder and the prize is not a champion. Valentine/champion would've been a great combo.
    Next tournament I will go back to normal and use my color calculator for battles.
    I'm glad my results in this one were entertaining to some of you, it was to me, lol.
    A Valentine/Champion would be totally awesome ... like a sister to Valiant!

Your Valentine tourney was really cool for so many reasons. (Personally, I loved highlighting the holiday.) Kudos for using a single type, no Champions or Diamond types, and finishing 42 rounds.

All hail Skyharbor!

Banned
    A Valentine/Champion would be totally awesome ... like a sister to Valiant!

Your Valentine tourney was really cool for so many reasons. (Personally, I loved highlighting the holiday.) Kudos for using a single type, no Champions or Diamond types, and finishing 42 rounds.

All hail Skyharbor!
    Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Haha everyone does these cool things to beat it, like using all Valentines dragons or something and I struggle to do it with my top fighters!!

Executive Chef
    All these level 20 fighters is ridiculous. I’ve had 8-10 battles for each dragon for the past 12 or so rounds! My spa queue is ridiculous! And I still have Daywing waiting in the wings.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by saghaven View Post
    All these level 20 fighters is ridiculous. I’ve had 8-10 battles for each dragon for the past 12 or so rounds! My spa queue is ridiculous! And I still have Daywing waiting in the wings.
    Daywing is not a friendly one. If you have too many dragons waiting for the spa, you could always use Fire or Forest babies and not have to heal them. That's what I did for Daywing, and finally got it (with baby Air) after about 20 tries