Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 02/22 - Valentine monster pets and babies

I have made my six collector?s items and they are already in storage. I?m sitting on pins and needles waiting to make green St. Patrick?s Day monsters and babies to add to my storage...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by doodledoo20000 View Post
    I have made my six collector?s items and they are already in storage. I?m sitting on pins and needles waiting to make green St. Patrick?s Day monsters and babies to add to my storage...
    Lol

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by doodledoo20000 View Post
    You are heating the seats for the green version: Luckypine, Luckyfang, and Luckyboar as well as the baby version I’ll prepare the placeholder in my inventory list!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Oh please no. No more babies!

Fashion Designer
    It seems like S8 missed the mark on this one. I am fine with having a "light and easy" event once in a while -- a short event that may have pretty weak prizes, not have much of a story or new graphics, and not require me to check in constantly and use massive quantities of energy.

The problem is ... the low spawn rate is not consistent with something "light and easy." I've collected from my 7 royal cows and 3 black cows all at once to no avail. My patch of 5 red mushrooms can need a 3rd round of collecting before there is a spawn. I've done 10 straight chops on a rock outcropping - nothing! I started harvesting a batch of 15 red peppers -- no luck till number 13. I'll frequently plant and harvest small batches of corn - maybe 6 or 7 at a time - and pick them all without a spawn. Similar with the chickens.

In my opinion, we should be able to consistently spawn event monsters within 4 tries, especially when the prizes aren't very compelling.

I think a better spawn rate would helped keep players interested.

I was originally going to try to get one of each animal but I really don't see the point of doing it given the reward/effort ratio.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    It seems like S8 missed the mark on this one. I am fine with having a "light and easy" event once in a while -- a short event that may have pretty weak prizes, not have much of a story or new graphics, and not require me to check in constantly and use massive quantities of energy.

The problem is ... the low spawn rate is not consistent with something "light and easy." I've collected from my 7 royal cows and 3 black cows all at once to no avail. My patch of 5 red mushrooms can need a 3rd round of collecting before there is a spawn. I've done 10 straight chops on a rock outcropping - nothing! I started harvesting a batch of 15 red peppers -- no luck till number 13. I'll frequently plant and harvest small batches of corn - maybe 6 or 7 at a time - and pick them all without a spawn. Similar with the chickens.

In my opinion, we should be able to consistently spawn event monsters within 4 tries, especially when the prizes aren't very compelling.

I think a better spawn rate would helped keep players interested.

I was originally going to try to get one of each animal but I really don't see the point of doing it given the reward/effort ratio.
    The corn is the only method worth doing. Especially with the boost that doubles the crops (and of course the energy!). I've tried this twice so far and with something around 120 energy I was able to get 50 tokens on the first try and 35 on the second. I'm sooo tired of the constant loading, so I try not to open my game very often and this is a great method to collect a lot in one go.

And of course I didn't think of that until right after I used 250 energy my alis gave me (which was the most I have ever gotten from them)...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Steffihilson View Post
    The corn is the only method worth doing. Especially with the boost that doubles the crops (and of course the energy!). I've tried this twice so far and with something around 120 energy I was able to get 50 tokens on the first try and 35 on the second. I'm sooo tired of the constant loading, so I try not to open my game very often and this is a great method to collect a lot in one go.

And of course I didn't think of that until right after I used 250 energy my alis gave me (which was the most I have ever gotten from them)...
    how many corn did you plant at one time?

The daily repeat goal is a waste of time. 8 hours starts just before I go to bed. People do play in different parts of the world other than the states. S8 should remember this before putting such a short time on side events.

I for one love this event and the last one wasn’t so bad either. I appreciate simplicity and I LOVE the pink valentines items and animals I’ve collected from this event and the previous. I would love nothing more than to have a choice as we did when I started playing to have the valentines edition brought back. And for everyone to have the opportunity to have the love shack.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    how many corn did you plant at one time?
    To minimise the waiting time, I was planting new corn, when I've cleared some portion of my field (usually 20 plots out of 60), so I was almost constantly planting and harvesting. It made it quite difficult to keep track of how many I've harvested in total, but assuming I didn't lost count somewhere, the first time it was about 360 crops and the second time something between 240 and 300 (four full fields and some portion of the fifth, but I don't remember how many exactly)