Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 02/22 - Valentine monster pets and babies

Daily goals are not showing.

One thing I'm miffed about is the Love Shack (not the Sweetheart Shack). Apparently, the LOVE Shack gives really good crafts, but can't be crafted anymore. Yet there are animals dropping items for use in crafts using the Love Shack for the past 2 events. It makes me feel like S8 is purposely leaving us new players out of half the event.

Executive Chef
    SW ~ Would you please try to get a lil more info from S8 today?:

1) Where, exactly, are the possible spawn places for the Valentine beasts?
    (So many various reports here & only 1 place for each beast indicated in-game.)
    2) What, exactly, are each baby's possible Valentine decor drops?
    If they are old decor from previous years &/or the same as the items we can craft in the Sweetheart Shack, then what's the point, unless one of the babies has a chance to drop the Pink Alicorn or Sweetheart Unicorn (and the limits have been lifted) or...the LOVE SHACK! (LOL!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist, lol)

----

In fact, "the point" is the current overall Q-of-the-Day I'm asking myself...

* This event is so ill-timed (over a week AFTER Valentine's??). HELLO, Since Valentine's is OVER -- what's the point?

* I already put all of my Valentine's decorations away, and I'm sure others have, too - so, why do we want or need animals that drop Valentine's decor -- what's the point?

* The event only lasts a week and the spawn rate for the PINK beasts (for me so far, at least) have been yet another aggravatingly random occurrence. That means getting 75x3 heart tokens and 36x3 strawberry milks for no other reason than to have 1 of each animal just to have them (& another 6 things to add to my inventory pages) will only prove to be a week of wasted energy and hours of frustration battling normal beasts who drop NO tokens -- so what's the point?

* We *already* have umpteen variations of beasts and umpteen-plus-1 babies! Other than growing our storage cellars, why would we want or need anymore of either of those, ANYway? -- what's the point?

* The Trade Wagon has all of the regular token trades open but this isn't a regular Monster Hunt and regular tokens aren't dropping ANYwhere -- so what's the point?

* "Love is a Battlefield", while being a cute homage to Pat Benatar, only awards coins & XP, not even ONE heart token -- so what's the point?

* This event also awards NO crowns that I've seen, even on the heels of its recent release & after all the hubbub about playing events to get crowns - so what's the point?

In the end, I have surmised that the point is to rid us of any saved energy we may have hoarded and to give us busy-work for a week....all for more animals we don't need, babies we don't want and decorations we won't use for another YEAR.

Soooo, back to my 2nd original question for S8 - unless the deco-drop possibilities are something new (i.e. different from old stuff we already have from past Valentine's Days and the new deco we can now craft), then I think I've asked myself "what's the point" enough to know that there really *isn't* a point - not for me, at least. I'll probably only be popping into my game occasionally, to continue to hoard my energy (against S8's wishes, haha!), only collect those few things that I find important, and wait for next Thursday to see if there's a FUN St. Patrick's event and/or some NEW, interesting prizes in the Baron's tent.

*off to find coffee to help with my yawning* LOL
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 02-23-18 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Rhino Keeper
    Think I?ll skip this if all we?re getting is babies....or half heartily do it, because I do get enough to do the other babies. I normally leave some spawned creature up so things don5 spawn, saves energy that way for collecting from animals and buildings

What does it mean to "hoard" energy? Thanks -

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChocolate5 View Post
    What does it mean to "hoard" energy? Thanks -
    -deleted - ... decided to PM you instead, since it's off-topic.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 02-23-18 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Deleted response

Executive Chef
    Drop one from my Lovepea was a lover?s gate. Meh. There are only two goods things I have found so far from this event. The animals are pink and I love anything pink as it?s my favorite color. So I will at least have one of each. And all of the cow and chicken collecting is making it easy to do trades to get expansion permits for the new expansions. But that?s about it. IF the drops prove to be awesome from these animals, I may go for two of each. As it stands, I am happy with just one of each and will have that by the end of the day. So then i?ll Just go back to hoarding my energy for the next event in the hopes that it will be decent. Really would have loved a regular monster hunt to go with this. Or at least some crowns to help me get closer to having Maya. Really in poor taste not to have crowns as a reward RIGHT after it?s been introduced. As it stands I won?t be spending any gems or real money on this event. I?ll buy books with my weekly S8 budget instead.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by springtime77 View Post
    I?ll be sitting this one out too. Since there?ll be all kinds of monsters spawning, I?ll leave one on the board while collecting everything first, then take care of it. At least energy won?t be wasted doing it that way. The 3 new expansions are a pleasant surprise.
    I don't have any monsters popping up anywhere so I have no need to park one.
    At least these goals are timed and will expire.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I don't have any monsters popping up anywhere so I have no need to park one.
    At least these goals are timed and will expire.
    Yes, that's one good thing. Not like the other 4 in my book that I'm never gonna do. S8 can you put a time on them as well? Please?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    On second thought. I may craft multiple direloves for the boar tusks. Always handy and then I can park monsters and still collect those.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast