Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holding onto a community players message: Why do you do it?

If you don't want people holding onto messages you leave on their walls, then maybe stop leaving messages if it bothers you that much. Btw, the comment may come off as rude but that's not at all the tone. I just feel like it's an easy and obvious solution to the problem. They can't hold on to something if it's never there in the first place.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    If you don't want people holding onto messages you leave on their walls, then maybe stop leaving messages if it bothers you that much. Btw, the comment may come off as rude but that's not at all the tone. I just feel like it's an easy and obvious solution to the problem. They can't hold on to something if it's never there in the first place.

No, I completely agree with you. I actually do only silent tip community players now, whilst leaving messages upon visits to my neighbours only. I've had the occassional "please can you leave a link to your restaurant/bakery" & have completely ignored them {whilst feeling pretty awful about it too} but sending them a silent tip. That does push players to add me instead & has helped significantly.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    It didn't sound rude. You're simply stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    It didn't sound rude. You're simply stating the obvious.
    Ok, good lol. I've never really had this issue. Of course I'm not a big tipper or care much if my neighbors tip me or not as long as they send me parts and answer requests during goals. I have some pretty good neighbors though.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    You don't have to remove the tips from your tables every hour. You could just leave them there. If you leave them there, you won't have even more of them to remove.

I would suggest you stop leaving messages on walls. Then nobody can leave them there and it won't upset you so much.

Remember: It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, you need to make some changes to how you play. Make it fun.

Executive Chef
    Silent Tipper 98% of the time
    I occasionally leave messages for those who've always tipped/gifted or are new to the game.

I hardly delete messages from my wall because I don't really have a lot of time. :/
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    No, I completely agree with you. I actually do only silent tip community players now, whilst leaving messages upon visits to my neighbours only. I've had the occassional "please can you leave a link to your restaurant/bakery" & have completely ignored them {whilst feeling pretty awful about it too} but sending them a silent tip. That does push players to add me instead & has helped significantly.
    I kinda want to see your current remodel can I leave my id here for u to rqt ME, and u can delete me once I've seen ur place? I do random tips so I WILL tip...
    Nettie75 is my id, I accept everyone, regardless of rating, plz tip even if u can't gift, but prefer that u tng before sending me item rqts, cause I consider it begging, and I would not beg YOU

Fashion Designer
    I responded to your first question hahahaha what are you talking about. If you ask a question and people don't answer if the way you like, it doesn't mean it's "off topic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    Some of the posts in this thread are completely off-topic. Please consider reading in full {& not just the title of this thread} before posting. So far I've only got a direct response by Twospoons & dirtyboots {thank you}. Others are attempting to swerve off topic. This isn't a discussion on why I play how I play. I am trying to direct this message {as the one on the recieving end of their gameplay} to those who do this particular thing.

I'm not saying people can't continue to do this. But if they knew how the person on the other end felt, they might perhaps consider going about this in a different way.

If players are going to continue holding onto my one message, whilst deleting all of their other messages, in order to visit & keep up with remodels, I'd like them to, at the very least, consider leaving me a tip every once in a while. Too much to ask? I think not. I don't think my requirements for adding me are either. I only hate recieving random parts.

EDIT: as a side note, I could have just easily left out the fact that I don't care to be tipped by community players. It doesn't dismiss the case in question. So please focus on the point of this thread.

Executive Chef
    Hi sehana! It's like a celebrity sighting.

(Your charts have answered so many questions for me over the years. Mostly "what's in that egg?")

(Sorry, that really was off topic.)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Hi sehana! It's like a celebrity sighting.

(Your charts have answered so many questions for me over the years. Mostly "what's in that egg?")

(Sorry, that really was off topic.)
    LOL!! Thank you! yeah it's been a while since I've been on the forums!

Glad that my charts are still helping!
    Last edited by sehana; 03-05-18 at 02:35 PM.
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12