Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holding onto a community players message: Why do you do it?

Rhino Keeper

Angry Holding onto a community players message: Why do you do it?

I have alot of players on Restaurant Story holding onto messages I have left them upon tipping from months to even years ago. But my main issue with this is, if they're using it to keep up with my remodels, they could at least leave me a silent tip?

If you're one of these people, why do you do it? How often do you visit & how often do you tip? If not, why not?

I think it's a little anti social to be honest. There's nothing stopping them from requesting to be neighbours. I do notice they have neighbours & do tip their neighbours daily {because we have mutual neighbours &/or they're so active they pop up on many walls}.

Not everybody likes to have their messages left on somebody elses wall. I've seen people literally write it on their walls for people to remove their messages. I'd also like people to remove my messages {because I don't care to be viewed & tippd by community players. It means I have to regularly clear my tables.. like.. by the hour. I have a life}.

Let's get to the bottom of this...

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Executive Chef
    I do, for exactly the reason stated--they're gorgeous places, and I want to see them again. And some people have neighbor requirements that I don't meet.

But I do tip when I visit.

Fashion Designer
    I am 99% of time a silent tipper. I rarely leave messages.
    But sometimes I will visit other Community players,
    whose name intrigues me. I leave a tip every time.
    I may leave a message sometimes.

As far as my wall, I delete the messages daily.
    I just think it looks cleaner. And if there happens to
    be a small conversation, it's not everyone's business.

Last few months I have decided to take weekends off.
    I'm getting bored with the recent gameplay.
    And I focus on other games( including console) and just getting away
    from games all together too. Craft projects, new recipes, enjoying playtime
    with my granddaughter (<--my daughter's Labradoodle, Penny. She's a Princess Ballplayer!..LOL)

Fashion Designer
    Because i'm too lazy to delete them lol

Farm Supplier
    I never delete. But i never have a serious convo so, nothing to cover up. I am a silent tipper

Rhino Keeper
    I'm just curious as to why this has you so irritated?? Who cares whether people delete or keep their messages? Those are THEIR messages to do with what they want. If you don't want your messages saved, don't post anything to someone's wall, simple as that. I rarely delete messages unless someone posts something mean or nasty, (which is almost never). It's too time consuming to delete them all. If they implement a "Select All" feature, then sure...I'll delete the 7 years of messages on my wall.

I do think it's a bit strange when a non-neighbour will tip me regularly for months because I left a message on their wall once that they haven't deleted, but it's not that big of a deal. It's one of the reasons that I silent tip.

I visit community members often and will leave a tip if I like their design or if they have a witty name. I would be taken aback if any of these players were peeved that I created "work" for them in having to clear their tables and wasn't being considerate of them "having a life".

Most players leave tips with good intentions. Honestly, I think it is unfriendly and anti-social to be annoyed by non-neighbours leaving tips. One of the main aspects of this game is for community members to visit each other. Otherwise, players would be able to make their places private or disallow tipping.

If clearing your tables is too time-consuming, you could always just leave your tables full then no one would be able to tip any further.

Ultimately, a player's wall is their own and they have a right to leave up any message that is posted. I think asking them to delete messages only makes one seem petty. One can't control another person's wall any more than you can control what gifts a neighbour sends you, even if you ask nicely. But much like a neighbour who has an incompatible playing style, one can un-neighbour them and forget about it.

If the person is not a neighbour, you will likely not cross paths with them again (unless they are the "serial tipper" and even then they will take a hint if you never tip back). You can't even be certain that the tips are coming from the link on their wall rather than your name showing up in the Community list.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    But my main issue with this is, if they're using it to keep up with my remodels, they could at least leave me a silent tip?
    {because I don't care to be viewed & tippd by community players. It means I have to regularly clear my tables.. like.. by the hour. I have a life}.
    So confusing... do you want community players to tip you or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboots17 View Post
    I do think it's a bit strange when a non-neighbour will tip me regularly for months because I left a message on their wall once that they haven't deleted, but it's not that big of a deal. It's one of the reasons that I silent tip.

I visit community members often and will leave a tip if I like their design or if they have a witty name. I would be taken aback if any of these players were peeved that I created "work" for them in having to clear their tables and wasn't being considerate of them "having a life".

Most players leave tips with good intentions. Honestly, I think it is unfriendly and anti-social to be annoyed by non-neighbours leaving tips. One of the main aspects of this game is for community members to visit each other. Otherwise, players would be able to make their places private or disallow tipping.

If clearing your tables is too time-consuming, you could always just leave your tables full then no one would be able to tip any further.

Ultimately, a player's wall is their own and they have a right to leave up any message that is posted. I think asking them to delete messages only makes one seem petty. One can't control another person's wall any more than you can control what gifts a neighbour sends you, even if you ask nicely. But much like a neighbour who has an incompatible playing style, one can un-neighbour them and forget about it.

If the person is not a neighbour, you will likely not cross paths with them again (unless they are the "serial tipper" and even then they will take a hint if you never tip back). You can't even be certain that the tips are coming from the link on their wall rather than your name showing up in the Community list.
    Thank you for so eloquently saying exactly what I was thinking! First time I've seen anyone be resentful for tips, or for leaving a message on a wall for too long.

Rhino Keeper
    Some of the posts in this thread are completely off-topic. Please consider reading in full {& not just the title of this thread} before posting. So far I've only got a direct response by Twospoons & dirtyboots {thank you}. Others are attempting to swerve off topic. This isn't a discussion on why I play how I play. I am trying to direct this message {as the one on the recieving end of their gameplay} to those who do this particular thing.

I'm not saying people can't continue to do this. But if they knew how the person on the other end felt, they might perhaps consider going about this in a different way.

If players are going to continue holding onto my one message, whilst deleting all of their other messages, in order to visit & keep up with remodels, I'd like them to, at the very least, consider leaving me a tip every once in a while. Too much to ask? I think not. I don't think my requirements for adding me are either. I only hate recieving random parts.

EDIT: as a side note, I could have just easily left out the fact that I don't care to be tipped by community players. It doesn't dismiss the case in question. So please focus on the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Scawr; 02-22-18 at 01:07 PM.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast