Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dragon Codex!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I'm getting ready to craft another ultra rare dragon. I'm taking a poll, should I craft Achilles or should I craft Helios?
    I heard Helios is a good fighter at battle arena, so I'd go with him. He's been my first choice since the codex was released.

Banned
    I'm missing some dragon kinds in the codex. Like some of the recent monthly types. Idk what they are called but one is a little black ghost, I think fey and a little gift box. Maybe a few others too but I have all these and they are not in there

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveEveryDragon View Post
    I'm missing some dragon kinds in the codex. Like some of the recent monthly types. Idk what they are called but one is a little black ghost, I think fey and a little gift box. Maybe a few others too but I have all these and they are not in there
    Instead of having a category tab for each type of dragon, they've crammed most of the types (including those you mention) under the last category tab -with the star icon- as a sort of catch-all. Many of us players have asked for them to add more categories to make navigation easier but we haven't heard anything back so it's unlikely to happen soon. As of now we have to hunt through the catch-all tab that currently houses 18 types of dragons: Arcane, Champion, Dark, Dino, Egypt, Elemental, Fairytale, Fey, Gold, Holiday, Rainbow, Royal, Soccer, Spooky, Stone, Tarot, Tropic and Valentine.

The only other help I can offer for navigation is that each category is organized by ownership and rarity. The dragons you have hatched on your island are listed first (from UR to Common) then the dragons you need are listed below those in the same order of UR to Common. Oh, and New Release dragons are always greyed out at the top of the page unless you have them displayed on your island. Hope this helps you find your way around the overly cluttered Codex!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Instead of having a category tab for each type of dragon, they've crammed most of the types (including those you mention) under the last category tab -with the star icon- as a sort of catch-all. Many of us players have asked for them to add more categories to make navigation easier but we haven't heard anything back so it's unlikely to happen soon. As of now we have to hunt through the catch-all tab that currently houses 18 types of dragons: Arcane, Champion, Dark, Dino, Egypt, Elemental, Fairytale, Fey, Gold, Holiday, Rainbow, Royal, Soccer, Spooky, Stone, Tarot, Tropic and Valentine.

The only other help I can offer for navigation is that each category is organized by ownership and rarity. The dragons you have hatched on your island are listed first (from UR to Common) then the dragons you need are listed below those in the same order of UR to Common. Oh, and New Release dragons are always greyed out at the top of the page unless you have them displayed on your island. Hope this helps you find your way around the overly cluttered Codex!
    The types I mention are not in the star tab in my game. Yeah I was wondering why everything else was crammed in the star. I'd think if everything had its own group it'd be alot nicer and easier to find. I also have some regular old colors in my star. Not sure what that's about. Dark is the eye? I don't have those in my star either

I just looked again and spooky, fey holiday and dark definitely are not there. Also why is cosmic in there when it there is a separate tab for them? Oh and neo kitsune, neo lotus, petal and grandma are in the star too and those are basic colors. Is it so hard to separate these or something?
    Last edited by HaveEveryDragon; 07-01-18 at 12:39 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveEveryDragon View Post
    The types I mention are not in the star tab in my game. Yeah I was wondering why everything else was crammed in the star. I'd think if everything had its own group it'd be alot nicer and easier to find. I also have some regular old colors in my star. Not sure what that's about. Dark is the eye? I don't have those in my star either

I just looked again and spooky, fey holiday and dark definitely are not there. Also why is cosmic in there when it there is a separate tab for them? Oh and neo kitsune, neo lotus, petal and grandma are in the star too and those are basic colors. Is it so hard to separate these or something?
    Okay, so I've just looked once more and you're completely right! I only use the Codex when I need to craft a dragon using it so I really never noticed those types missing from the Star tab, lol. Honestly, the whole thing is such a pain to navigate and it takes ages to find what I'm looking for that I pretty much avoid it when possible.

Regarding the Fey, Spooky and Holiday types: When the first Spooky and Fey dragons were released they were single type dragons but very soon after s8 added a second type to them like they did previously with Pyramid so the Skeleking went from Spooky to Spooky+Yellow and they've kept to this formula with all new type releases avoiding single types.

What all that means for the Codex is that when we're looking for a dragon with one of the above mentioned types, we've got to look under the tabs for the other types they have. So if I'm looking for Skeleking I have to look under Yellow, Lunar Fyre is under Blue, Jingle is with White. So the dragons are there we just have to dig to find them which is a huge pain.

Banned
    I have tried asked about this as well. I guess it just shows how much pride they don't take in this game. Can't even organize the dragon types properly. There are plenty of different types that could have their own catagory. Why on earth would map, dynamite, and bomb have their own type tab with only 2 dragons, but stone, rainbow, spooky, holiday, fey, valentine elemental, and champion with 20 to 50 different dragons have nothing

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stCaretaker View Post
    I have tried asked about this as well. I guess it just shows how much pride they don't take in this game. Can't even organize the dragon types properly. There are plenty of different types that could have their own catagory. Why on earth would map, dynamite, and bomb have their own type tab with only 2 dragons, but stone, rainbow, spooky, holiday, fey, valentine elemental, and champion with 20 to 50 different dragons have nothing
    It's a complete mystery and they can't say that it's too difficult to add new categories to the Codex because they added the Flower tab the day they introduced it as a new type so that won't hold water. Like everything in the game lately, it seems if it doesn't bring in money then it gets ignored. Sadly I think the Codex falls into the "no money" category and it will likely be a while until we see any changes there.

It's a real shame too because the Codex is the one thing that's been added to the game recently that genuinely betters players long term playing experience so it should take priority but it clearly doesn't. A few changes in the current set up: new category tabs, better dragon organization and of course (my biggest issue) adding some of the dragons that have been released since March and the Codex could easily be the best part of the game. Not only have they not made any changes to it, but they've not even added new dialogue about said changes.

Again, it's sad that they add something so great only to ignore it completely in favor of focusing on events! I've pretty much decided that I'm going to play the game until I've crafted all dragons needed from the Codex and at that point, it's likely I'll quit altogether. After six years, I no longer see the point in putting my time and effort into a game when the creators refuse to do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's a complete mystery and they can't say that it's too difficult to add new categories to the Codex because they added the Flower tab the day they introduced it as a new type so that won't hold water. Like everything in the game lately, it seems if it doesn't bring in money then it gets ignored. Sadly I think the Codex falls into the "no money" category and it will likely be a while until we see any changes there.

It's a real shame too because the Codex is the one thing that's been added to the game recently that genuinely betters players long term playing experience so it should take priority but it clearly doesn't. A few changes in the current set up: new category tabs, better dragon organization and of course (my biggest issue) adding some of the dragons that have been released since March and the Codex could easily be the best part of the game. Not only have they not made any changes to it, but they've not even added new dialogue about said changes.

Again, it's sad that they add something so great only to ignore it completely in favor of focusing on events! I've pretty much decided that I'm going to play the game until I've crafted all dragons needed from the Codex and at that point, it's likely I'll quit altogether. After six years, I no longer see the point in putting my time and effort into a game when the creators refuse to do the same.
    Not only do they add the new types easily but every other type has had its own tab at one point and then they removed it. I've been playing since the beginning and seen many as their own and then they removed. Also new types show in codex and trading portal but not breeding. It's just sad. Visually this game is great, the best, but everything else is half @$$. If someone made a game with the looks of this one and the attention to detail of others. Oh and the space for the players to actually place all their dragons we would have a real winner

Fashion Designer
    This is still a problem:

The Codex clearly says "Not Breedable," yet the Market indicates that this rereleased dragon IS currently breedable.

I know we are now supposed to go by what the Codex says (which was changed right after Flatfoot verified the Market method...sigh), and the Codex is usually what I now trust when checking for breedability.

But, this dragon was breedable last time it was rereleased. The end of September 2016, Honeycomb was rereleased for breeding for about a week. Normally, once a former Spin to Win prize dragon has been made breedable, it stays breedable in subsequent rereleases. So, this one is extra confusing.

What gives? Is is breedable or not?
    And, if it's not, Why??

Can this confusing, contradicting information please be cleared up on all future rereleased dragons? It keeps happening, and I really don't see how it is apparently too difficult, or too much effort, for you all to be organized, uniform, and accurate when giving important information to customers.

I hate to think about all the players who are still using the Market to judge whether or not a dragon is breedable-- especially since that is the way we did it for for years. Not cool.

Just another reminder: Dragon Story is supposed to be a dragon *breeding* game, not a dragon buying game (cuz who would want to play that?)
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-04-18 at 08:34 PM. Reason: addition

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    This is still a problem:

The Codex clearly says "Not Breedable," yet the Market indicates that this rereleased dragon IS currently breedable.

Because dragons are NOT BREADABLE by default but BREADABLE in a certain window of oportunity (like zodiacs )