Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dragon Codex!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CranberryMil View Post
    Because dragons are NOT BREADABLE by default but BREADABLE in a certain window of oportunity (like zodiacs )
    I don't understand what you mean. Even limited time breedables are listed as breedable in the Codex such as Admirerer and Pisces.

@Fireball, I agree about the disparity between the two sources. I really thought the Honeycomb would be breedable since it has been for the last however many times it was released. I was going to try for it before I checked the Codex but have now decided not to waste my time on something that may or may not be breedable.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, Honeycomb is limited and I understand how limited dragons work.

It was originally a Spin to Win prize, back in 2015. Then, about a year later, it was re-released for breeding for a limited time.
    Once an old prize dragon has been opened up to breeding during a re-release, it can almost always be bred whenever it's re-released again in the future. Because it was breedable during it's previous release, Honeycomb should be breedable right now.

So, did they mess up? We won't know unless a forum user takes the risk, actually breeds one, and then posts about it.
    No matter if it's currently breedable or not, the info in the Market and Codex should match.

I don't fully trust the Codex-- it was introduced during that bad period of frequent errors and sloppy oversights. Since then, they've become even more withdrawn and less communicative. They don't seem to care much anymore, tbh.

If they are so sloppy that they forgot to add the "Not Available Though Breeding" note to Honeycomb's Market description, there's a pretty good possibility they forgot to remove to "Not Breedable" note from the Codex description for the duration of this limited re-release.

*Edit--I wandered off to the kitchen after typing and forgot to hit Post, so this was written before I saw Annira's post. I need more coffee.

@Annira, yep, he should totally be breedable! I've been wanting Honeycomb for a while and was keeping an eye out for him to come back. Since I'm skipping the Tales, I'm half tempted to try for it just to see ... but black is gonna keep splitting, so it's too risky for an experiment. Lately, so many re-releases have been for sale/gold only. Too many. It makes me very suspicious. Either it's another player-unfriendly change to the game or someone is asleep at the switch.

If (more likely when) this situation with the conflicting info happens again -but with a rare limited dragon and colors that don't split- I'm going to experiment to see if it is actually breedable.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-05-18 at 09:43 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stCaretaker View Post
    I have tried asked about this as well. I guess it just shows how much pride they don't take in this game. Can't even organize the dragon types properly. There are plenty of different types that could have their own catagory. Why on earth would map, dynamite, and bomb have their own type tab with only 2 dragons, but stone, rainbow, spooky, holiday, fey, valentine elemental, and champion with 20 to 50 different dragons have nothing
    Excellent question! I've wondered this, too.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    ....@Annira, yep, he should totally be breedable! I've been wanting Honeycomb for a while and was keeping an eye out for him to come back. Since I'm skipping the Tales, I'm half tempted to try for it just to see ... but black is gonna keep splitting, so it's too risky for an experiment. Lately, so many re-releases have been for sale/gold only. Too many. It makes me very suspicious. Either it's another player-unfriendly change to the game or someone is asleep at the switch.

If (more likely when) this situation with the conflicting info happens again -but with a rare limited dragon and colors that don't split- I'm going to experiment to see if it is actually breedable.
    It's so funny to see this written because that was pretty much the exact thought process I had while I was contemplating whether or not I should try for Honeycomb, lol. I ultimately decided not to risk it as I don't need any of the possible outcomes from a Black+Yellow pairing other than Honeycomb and I would feel like I wasted a week of breeding. What I'm breeding now is Prime Eternal+Glasswing (with boosted breeding and Diamond Temple) and Black+Yellow fails are a possibility so if I've not gotten Honeycomb by the end of the sale, I'll most likely just buy him outright. He's only 200 gold which is the top amount I'm willing to pay for a dragon.

The next time there is a conflicting report on breedability and the conditions are right, I'll join you in the experimentation because it would be good to know for future reference. As for your other comments on these issues seeming intentional and the lack of communication from the company I agree completely. Over this last year there have been so many issues with barely any direct contact from them that they've lost all my trust and I am at the point now where I immediately assume the worst. This is what happens when we don't get any word from the creators on what are important gaming issues. My current goal is to finish crafting the dragons I need that are available through the Codex crafting and at that point I'll evaluate how I feel about the game/s8. Hopefully there will be some changes that make it better but I've got the feeling that after I reach my goal I'll be leaving the game after all these years.

Banned
    Why are recent dragons able to be traded again but not crafted in the codex? I'd like to also see all dragons categorized better. It really is very disorganized

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's a complete mystery and they can't say that it's too difficult to add new categories to the Codex because they added the Flower tab the day they introduced it as a new type so that won't hold water. Like everything in the game lately, it seems if it doesn't bring in money then it gets ignored. Sadly I think the Codex falls into the "no money" category and it will likely be a while until we see any changes there.

It's a real shame too because the Codex is the one thing that's been added to the game recently that genuinely betters players long term playing experience so it should take priority but it clearly doesn't. A few changes in the current set up: new category tabs, better dragon organization and of course (my biggest issue) adding some of the dragons that have been released since March and the Codex could easily be the best part of the game. Not only have they not made any changes to it, but they've not even added new dialogue about said changes.

Again, it's sad that they add something so great only to ignore it completely in favor of focusing on events! I've pretty much decided that I'm going to play the game until I've crafted all dragons needed from the Codex and at that point, it's likely I'll quit altogether. After six years, I no longer see the point in putting my time and effort into a game when the creators refuse to do the same.
    Hey they added tropic and holiday symbols to the codex, market snd trading portal now. Now we just need spooky, fey and a few others. I think we need an update for other places now though because the breeding den doesn't register new symbols like the trading portal does. Also it would be really nice to have this symbol chooser for battles too

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveEveryDragon View Post
    Hey they added tropic and holiday symbols to the codex, market snd trading portal now. Now we just need spooky, fey and a few others. I think we need an update for other places now though because the breeding den doesn't register new symbols like the trading portal does. Also it would be really nice to have this symbol chooser for battles too
    too much for OOP u__u < programmer joke

Nightclub Owner
    I was having a lot of troubles with my game glitching which usually indicated they're doing something to the game whether it's changing the market features or events or whatever. I ended up uninstalling then reinstalling and once it was running up to par I looked through everything and saw these additions which are a happy find and why I suspect I was having so many issues.

I wonder why they didn't make a post about it since a lot of players will be glad to see it? Regardless, I'll take this as a sign that they've not given up on the Codex and are slowly but surely trying to make it more user friendly. I'll be very happy if/when they finally put the dragons in alphabetical order or at least something close to it.

Banned
    Ok now champion type symbol is in codex, trading and market, yay. 63 dragons wow. Although why was holiday symbol removed?

The Honorable Panda
    Ok now champion type symbol is in codex, trading and market, yay. 63 dragons wow. Although why was holiday symbol removed?
    Checking on this.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request