Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dragon Codex!

Executive Chef
    Not intending to craft anything yet ★

I'm slowly building my codex reserve ★ 700 plus and counting ★ (:
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I think I am going to save up 1,600 for Gentle Knight since it seems like he's always recommended for battles
    Good choice! I've been very happy with my Lvl 15 Gentle Knight. She's doubly advantaged vs. Yellow the most common type in game, and also the best option versus Royal, Mythic, and the now-more-plentiful Cosmic dragons. Plus the bonus of knocking off the bingo tasks needing to win a battle with a pink or white dragon. Enjoy!

-Serpentray

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentray View Post
    Good choice! I've been very happy with my Lvl 15 Gentle Knight. She's doubly advantaged vs. Yellow the most common type in game, and also the best option versus Royal, Mythic, and the now-more-plentiful Cosmic dragons. Plus the bonus of knocking off the bingo tasks needing to win a battle with a pink or white dragon. Enjoy!

-Serpentray
    LOL, I just looked HER up to see what SHE looks like - my bad
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    I was looking forward to crafting Helios next since the S8 Gods seem to love giving me Firestorms but they decided to make it even more difficult to get essences. I used my previous essences to craft Valiant but it's kind of a disappointment. Helios is useful and the best option against the almost impossible to bring down Glasswing. I had thought about crafting Achilles but Helios will definitely be more useful.

Rhino Keeper
    We really need a reduction in time on the lesser dragon types because dragons are stacking up on our limited habitats. Currently we accrue Essence at the following rates. (roughly 4 times return for each step)
    Ultra 4.17 essence per hour
    Super 1.67 eph
    Rare 0.42 eph
    Common 0.13 eph (when you get 2 essence)

If you reduced rare to 16 hours and gave 8 essence, the new eph would be 0.5
    If you reduced common to 8 hour and gave 1 essence, the eph wold remain 0.13
    So for the similar earning rates, we could clear a lot more dragons in a day.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnny2good View Post
    We really need a reduction in time on the lesser dragon types because dragons are stacking up on our limited habitats. Currently we accrue Essence at the following rates. (roughly 4 times return for each step)
    Ultra 4.17 essence per hour
    Super 1.67 eph
    Rare 0.42 eph
    Common 0.13 eph (when you get 2 essence)

If you reduced rare to 16 hours and gave 8 essence, the new eph would be 0.5
    If you reduced common to 8 hour and gave 1 essence, the eph wold remain 0.13
    So for the similar earning rates, we could clear a lot more dragons in a day.

After having one copy of a common dragon in level 4 (to use as parent for bingo), all other copys can be sold because a single rare dragon is worth 5 times and is much faster (only 1 evolving phase, instead of 5 for commons ) and cheaper (only feed 15 times instead of 65 times for commons) .

You get 1 rare dragon aprox. each 72 hours, so you have enough time to evolve it to level 10 instead of haviing a lot of level 4 commons dragons waiting to be exchanged and a lot of level 3 commons dragons waiting to be evolved.

The exchange times are to highlight this: commons are disposable now.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-31-18 at 01:09 PM. Reason: removed third party game comments

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CranberryMil View Post
    When i was playing Magic , i use my commons cards to decorate my notebooks, as book separators, as table coasters , and dust pickers , i remember my litthe brother cut and paste some cards for homework.

After having one copy of a common dragon in level 4 (to use as parent for bingo), all other copys can be sold because a single rare dragon is worth 5 times and is much faster (only 1 evolving phase, instead of 5 for commons ) and cheaper (only feed 15 times instead of 65 times for commons) .

You get 1 rare dragon aprox. each 72 hours, so you have enough time to evolve it to level 10 instead of haviing a lot of level 4 commons dragons waiting to be exchanged and a lot of level 3 commons dragons waiting to be evolved.

The exchange times are to highlight this: commons are disposable now.
    They always have been, I think. I don't remember a time when I didn't sell common duplicates right off the nest. It's not worth the food and time to trade them, either for gemstones before or for essence now. Even the rares are not really worth it if they have long evolution times or are expensive to feed.
    Feel free to add me on Dragon Story!
    [I don't visit often but I always answer requests]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I think I am going to save up 1,600 for Gentle Knight since it seems like he's always recommended for battles
    Good choice...my gentle knight is a total rock star in battles!!! Hope u r able to get him soon

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    They always have been, I think. I don't remember a time when I didn't sell common duplicates right off the nest. It's not worth the food and time to trade them, either for gemstones before or for essence now. Even the rares are not really worth it if they have long evolution times or are expensive to feed.
    I agree and with the new Codex in place it's even more true.

I've only been keeping Super Rare and Ultra Rares to disenchant as the others are wasting precious, valuable foods in the long run.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I agree and with the new Codex in place it's even more true.

I've only been keeping Super Rare and Ultra Rares to disenchant as the others are wasting precious, valuable foods in the long run.
    I've cleared out all my duplicate URs and SRs, so now it's a matter of what URs/SRs I can breed to feed to the portal. I've probably tossed in 2-3 Rares just because I didn't have a SR ready to go, but they only go in because I want to keep the portal furnace churning 24/7.

Commons don't make it off the nest. Not worth the ~600 apples (and 600 apples aren't worth much!)