Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal Completion Strategies

Goal Completion Strategies

Hey everyone, so there's been a lot of back and forth between people and wanting the goal lengths to stay the same or be at least a week longer, a few crazies want it shorter lol. Anyway, I think it has to do with the difficulty of the goal,
    how fast you can build appliances and how many parts you need. Is there anyone out there who has a strategy that they use to complete the goals? I personally have been able to complete every goal since they've gone to the two week ones. These are some of the things I do while working on goals, and just so you know I finish with half the goal time left and have two crazy kids I take care of all day.

- I do NOT wait until I have 5 appliances built to start baking. ( As soon as I have that first oven built my baking starts, it's a little harder when the first recipe has a longer bake time but I feel like waiting to start until you have a certain amount of ovens built is a waste of time

- I do NOT cook a ton of other foods while working on a goal. I do this for a couple reasons, one, I don't always like the look of the recipes and don't want them sitting out forever. This would be something to try for the people who say they still Halloween foods out lol. And two, I don't want to get into the habit of cooking other food while working on goals because once I start the side goal I need all my appliance slots open.

- I decline ALL gifts I receive that aren't parts I need for the current goal.

- I do NOT cook short time recipes over night, anything under 5 hours does not get cooked overnight because chances are it will spoil and then the coins I spent to cook it are wasted.

- This one is more for the saving of coins, I built 5 appliances max per appliance per goal. I only keep two, sometimes only 1,
    unless it's something like the candy cane maker where all the recipes are the same cook time and I want to make them all at once I'll keep more but I normally sell the other 4 appliance after I complete the goal. I know I won't get all my coins back but it reduces my loss and I'm not one of those people who are in a rush to master all the recipes, so it doesn't bother me.

- I almost never buy the goal related wallpaper and tile unless I REALLY like them. Even then, if I feel they're too expensive I'll pass them up.

- Sell, sell, sell. If I don't like the prize I sell it. If I don't like the tables, chairs or counters, I sell them.

I do start cooking more food once I'm on the last recipe of the main goal to get my coinage back up, by the end of the goal timer, I'm always back up to the amount of coins I was at before the goal plus thousands more. This most recent Valentine's goal I started out with 7.5 million coins, I finished last week and I'm at over 8 million, and that's including buying a few things in the sale that I didn't have yet. The point is, it CAN be done people

Hopefully, some of these tips, will help someone to complete the goal faster or complete it at all. Also, maybe reduce some people's coin loss.

BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Executive Chef
    My best tip is that on the day you expect a goal (previously the day the last goal ended, now it might be the next day or the one after, we'll see how the pattern develops), before you mass gift if you do that, you visit everyone in your news feed, (i mostly just hit my gifters, but recent tippers & responders work too). you don't have to say hi, or even tip. they never have to know you were there, if that's how you play.

but when the goal comes out, and you need to ask 6 people for items and then ask for the parts to build the first appliance, the people at the bottom of your neighbors list (aka, the ones you visited earlier) are absolutely playing, so you don't have to worry about asking a neighbor who hasn't been online in 3 days.

there are many other ways to make sure you're only requesting from people that really are playing, i just like this one.

Great topic, I think it will be helpful.

For the first part of the goal, I send my requests to the first 6 neighbours who send me requests. Those are 6 players who I know are currently online playing and who are doing the goal. Of course, there is always a chance that they may be busy doing something else after sending their requests, but I usually get most of the requested item soon after. I also try to remain patient and not to send more than 6 requests so that I can use the remaining requests for the first oven.

Also, I always send a request to Stormie. That is a guaranteed item, so I only need to worry about the other 5 items.

For building the oven, I will usually receive tons of new parts from my neighbours because those are at the beginning of the gift menu. Most people aren't going to scroll several pages in to mass gift the other parts, but they will select one of the first new items. So I save my requests for the other parts needed to build the oven. That'll maximize the amount of required parts that I can receive each day (20 new parts as gifts, 20 other parts through requests).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboots17 View Post
    Great topic, I think it will be helpful.

For the first part of the goal, I send my requests to the first 6 neighbours who send me requests. Those are 6 players who I know are currently online playing and who are doing the goal. Of course, there is always a chance that they may be busy doing something else after sending their requests, but I usually get most of the requested item soon after. I also try to remain patient and not to send more than 6 requests so that I can use the remaining requests for the first oven.

Also, I always send a request to Stormie. That is a guaranteed item, so I only need to worry about the other 5 items.

For building the oven, I will usually receive tons of new parts from my neighbours because those are at the beginning of the gift menu. Most people aren't going to scroll several pages in to mass gift the other parts, but they will select one of the first new items. So I save my requests for the other parts needed to build the oven. That'll maximize the amount of required parts that I can receive each day (20 new parts as gifts, 20 other parts through requests).
    These a good tips too. I do the same thing when requesting parts because like you said most people are going to send the new parts more than the other parts needed, sometimes I get lucky and only have to request one part.

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Rhino Keeper
    Great idea for a post!

Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post

- This one is more for the saving of coins, I built 5 appliances max per appliance per goal. I only keep two, sometimes only 1,
    unless it's something like the candy cane maker where all the recipes are the same cook time and I want to make them all at once I'll keep more but I normally sell the other 4 appliance after I complete the goal. I know I won't get all my coins back but it reduces my loss and I'm not one of those people who are in a rush to master all the recipes, so it doesn't bother me.

Eek! I don?t think I could ever sell any of my ovens.

One, because it took me a lot to build them. Two, what if later S8 decides to add recipes to existing goal ovens? I know, long shot, but I?m paranoid about letting any of my ovens go.

Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    Great idea for a post!

Eek! I don?t think I could ever sell any of my ovens.

One, because it took me a lot to build them. Two, what if later S8 decides to add recipes to existing goal ovens? I know, long shot, but I?m paranoid about letting any of my ovens go.
    I absolutely agree with you. The coins you get for selling ovens is not enough to give up the chance of future recipes.
    I certainly hope you've mastered all the recipes before you sell those ovens!

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. The coins you get for selling ovens is not enough to give up the chance of future recipes.
    I certainly hope you've mastered all the recipes before you sell those ovens!
    I don’t sell ALL of them. I would never sell all of them. But like I said a race to master them in a month is not how I like to play.

I don’t sell ALL of them. I would never sell all of them. But like I said a race to master them in a month is not how I like to play.
    Of course not, but you can take them out and master the recipes later. Everyone always wants gems, and this is the best way to get them. I have mastered all recipes on all appliances, but of course, that was when we had a break in between goals. Now I find it works best for me to skip every other goal, and those I'm not crazy about. Why earn decos that you'll never display?

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t sell ALL of them. I would never sell all of them. But like I said a race to master them in a month is not how I like to play.
    I respect that. We all play differently. But it really doesn?t take a month to master the recipes in goal ovens.

For example in the goal that just ended, I built 6 ovens and 6 fountains. I already mastered the oven a couple of days ago. And I?m on the last recipe of the fountain, almost done. And the goal just ended today.

Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    I respect that. We all play differently. But it really doesn?t take a month to master the recipes in goal ovens.

For example in the goal that just ended, I built 6 ovens and 6 fountains. I already mastered the oven a couple of days ago. And I?m on the last recipe of the fountain, almost done. And the goal just ended today.

Hmm maybe I’ll give it a try and see how it goes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast