Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My bakery doesn?t really make any money please help

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Oh, hey! I just reread that thread (thanks for finding, dreamear!) and according to it, while you're offline, your customers will always spend 75 seconds in your bakery, regardless of design. Efficient designing only affects your game while it's active! I honestly never realized that, I think I skipped that part of the thread when I first saw it.

So I guess bake more red velvet cake, cpebbles73! And spread it out to lots of counters.

I'm going to time my profits on various layouts, just to be sure. I was redesigning anyway!
    Let us know if the design truly doesn't matter. I tried the feeding spoon layout around 3 years ago and it worked really well, so I keep using it.

Out of curiosity I also visited yours and cpebbles bakeries. Great designs!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    I visited too. Great bakeries. Making me want to expand asap. How did you guys expand so much. I'm so cramped. Is there a thread anywhere th t says how much each expansion is? The last time i expanded it was 60 million. Then this time only 17.5 million. I dont know whether to w it for 17.5 million or use gems. Since I thought each expansion would cost more..now im confused.
    I think it goes down to 17.5m after the 60m one then gradually up again. Not too sure though - I stopped at the 30m one. Too hard to manage anything bigger for me.

i sent some of you invites just to be nosy and check out your bakeries. you can delete the invites if u want. btw i love your bakeries!

I confess, I visited too, so please also feel free to delete my neighbour request. I love looking at everyone?s bakeries ( they are all awesome ! ) and thank you Dreamear for posting that thread. I?m going to redesign my layout and watch the coins come rolling in 😊.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh great... I never keep the game on unless I?m working on goals/accepting requests/sending gifts/redesigning. So my ?efficient? design is pretty much useless? Sigh!

Executive Chef
    Hey, never mind! Thread was wrong, or game has changed or something. Here are my two bakeries:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2018-02-24-06-37-20.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	882.3 KB 
ID:	42424

Name:	bakery_story-2018-02-24-06-36-50.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	954.2 KB 
ID:	42425

I put bakery 1 into an efficient design and left bakery 2 as was, just added some tables to make sure I could maintain a 100 rating. Neither had any food before I started. I cooked 14 ovens worth of podium cake in each, had each game open just for a couple of minutes to serve the cake and make sure my ratings were at 100, then left them alone for 3 hours.

Of the 21,000 servings of cake, Bakery 1 had 15640 left, efficiently selling 1787 servings/hour.

Bakery 2 had 16840 servings left, so 1387 servings/hour there.

(Revenue I don't know, because I forgot about the "hitting level 3" cash bonus that I got in one but not the other, and I forgot to account for tips and such. It was much easier to keep track of servings, since I had clear counters to work with.)

So I sold 400 servings more per hour with my efficient design. And of course, my bakeries not being very large, even the inefficient version really isn't all that inefficient. And obviously I could earn more money per serving, I just didn't choose the most profitable dish. But score one for efficient designs, even with the game not active!
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-24-18 at 07:49 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Hey, never mind! Thread was wrong, or game has changed or something. Here are my two bakeries:

Name:	bakery_story-2018-02-24-06-37-20.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	882.3 KB 
ID:	42424

Name:	bakery_story-2018-02-24-06-36-50.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	954.2 KB 
ID:	42425

I put bakery 1 into an efficient design and left bakery 2 as was, just added some tables to make sure I could maintain a 100 rating. Neither had any food before I started. I cooked 14 ovens worth of podium cake in each, had each game open just for a couple of minutes to serve the cake and make sure my ratings were at 100, then left them alone for 3 hours.

Of the 21,000 servings of cake, Bakery 1 had 15640 left, efficiently selling 1787 servings/hour.

Bakery 2 had 16840 servings left, so 1387 servings/hour there.

(Revenue I don't know, because I forgot about the "hitting level 3" cash bonus that I got in one but not the other, and I forgot to account for tips and such. It was much easier to keep track of servings, since I had clear counters to work with.)

So I sold 400 servings more per hour with my efficient design. And of course, my bakeries not being very large, even the inefficient version really isn't all that inefficient. And obviously I could earn more money per serving, I just didn't choose the most profitable dish. But score one for efficient designs, even with the game not active!
    Thank you! Now we know the efficient design truly works!!

Awesome! That thread was posted a while ago, maybe they changed what happens when inactive. That would be awesome

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12