Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bakery doesn?t really make any money please help

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation My bakery doesn?t really make any money please help

I have 4 doors , a bunch of food make only about 50,000,that?s nothing in this game , my mothers bakery makes around a million a day, what?s the problem, plz help, and I have all the money making food in my bakery
    Activist

Rhino Keeper
    I’m in the same boat as you. Los of doors and not a lot of walking for the patrons.

A million a day? Do you mind sharing your mom’s username so I can check out her setup? Or could you post a picture of it?

I'm not sure what the secret is, sounds like you should talk to your mom & see what she does.

i know if you go to the cookbook, certain foods make more money. Some swear by Red Velvet cake only because you make 12 coins per slice. Others say check out the math because certain foods make more money overall.

For me it depends, I was going for experience points to level up faster. Granted I was leveling and finally hit level 99 but you don't make much money doing it.

I always have Red Velvet cake & Cinnamon Rolls (10 coins each) but I make a mixture of the other foods that give you more money overall like Seashell Cupcakes & Sweet Potato Pie.

Others point to the layout. I read a thread when I first started that said make sure you keep the area your customers are in small. I wish I knew where the thread was because this person had it worked out to like 25 chairs all within 25 steps of the door... it was the fastest way to keep customers without getting any broken hearts.

Hopefully, some of the members here can help you! I've been playing less than a year and still have a lot to figure out.

This is the cookbook https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...STORY-CookBook

Don't give up!
    Last edited by Dreamear; 02-13-18 at 06:45 PM.

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

Rhino Keeper
    I don’t know I wonder if it’s that she been playing this game since it started and I’m basically just six months in , because I resorted to copying her layout and I’m not getting any where and it seems like in my bakery all the food not matter what make either 4 coins or 8
    Activist

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry I’m mom said she only maid a million because she didn’t play for a long while , and she makes around 200,000 to 300,00
    Activist

Executive Chef
    I was curious, so I visited you, cpebbles73! Feel free to ignore or accept invite, whatever you want.

Anyway: (a) gorgeous bakery! You have some really great decor pieces, I'm jealous!

(b) if you want to make more money, don't make the customers walk so far. In the top section, you have the register positioned so they have to walk all the way around the swans & the tiered display just to check in, and then they still have to walk to their seat afterwards. That could be a whole minute of walking, and then the eating time, before you can get that customer out the door and replace it with a new customer. The faster they sit, the faster they leave. The faster they leave, the more customers you get per hour. And of course, the more money you make! Assuming you have enough food out to feed them, of course, but it doesn't look like that's your problem.

Same for the other areas--the registers are close to the doors for easy check-in, but you have tables on the far side of the room. Customers will go to any open table, not just the nearest one. Count the seconds sometime of how long it takes to walk all the way across your bakery. And then make the tables farthest from the doors unusable! I like to take away the chairs, or turn them so they're not facing the table. Just make sure you have enough usable tables close to the register. Pretty soon the customers will be flying in and out, and you'll see a difference in your profits.

Hope that helps! Happy baking!

cpebbles73 I became curious to and visited you lol You can accept or decline.

Your bakery is beautiful!!!! One of the thing I love about people who have been playing for a while are their designs & the stuff they have.

Twospoons has very elegantly said what I was trying to say about the setup. Try doing what she mentioned and see if it helps.

Twospoons & 3cala I visited your bakeries too... curiosity ****ed the cat & it will probably **** me too lol It's up to you if you accept it or not You both have beautiful bakeries!!! In fact all 3 of your bakeries are fabulous.

One thing this post has taught me... I seriously need to expand!!! I now feel like I have a cramped little bakery compared to your much roomier ones.

Either way I hope you all have a great day
    Last edited by Dreamear; 02-14-18 at 03:00 PM.

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

I found it!!!!!! This thread...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ghlight=layout

She breaks it down to mathematical equations! Pure genius.

Executive Chef
    Oh, hey! I just reread that thread (thanks for finding, dreamear!) and according to it, while you're offline, your customers will always spend 75 seconds in your bakery, regardless of design. Efficient designing only affects your game while it's active! I honestly never realized that, I think I skipped that part of the thread when I first saw it.

So I guess bake more red velvet cake, cpebbles73! And spread it out to lots of counters.

I'm going to time my profits on various layouts, just to be sure. I was redesigning anyway!

Fashion Designer
    I visited too. Great bakeries. Making me want to expand asap. How did you guys expand so much. I'm so cramped. Is there a thread anywhere th t says how much each expansion is? The last time i expanded it was 60 million. Then this time only 17.5 million. I dont know whether to w it for 17.5 million or use gems. Since I thought each expansion would cost more..now im confused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast