Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    no, i think 20 applies only to what you can get (helps and gifts).
    but it seems to be no limit of what you can give (you can send gifts to all yr nbrs no matter how many of them you have, and apparently, you can fill many-many their requests per day).
    I still believe there has to be an upper boundary of how many requests you can have in your news feed at once waiting for your response, even though unlike gifts, once you've accepted (or declined) that many, you can get more within the same day, so the only total upper limit is the number of neighbors sending requests.

And I really want to know why requests disappear too: I can contribute that my 3rd bakery, with a request that disappeared from my queue after I saw it but didn't act on it, only has my bakeries & stormie as neighbors, so there's no way for it ever to have 20 requests filled. But if there's no limit on received requests, why bother to have it disappear? If there is a limit to how many can display at once, I was nowhere near it.

But at least that's one lesson I've learned: if you're just jumping on to serve your food, if you don't also fulfill requests, they may be gone next time you log on, making you a bad neighbor. Which is disappointing. (I am occasionally limited by how long until the subway heads back into the tunnels, so I skip messages and just serve & quit.)
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-24-18 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I still believe there has to be an upper boundary of how many requests you can have in your news feed at once waiting for your response, even though unlike gifts, once you've accepted (or declined) that many, you can get more within the same day, so the only total upper limit is the number of neighbors sending requests.
    i got 10 at once when i entered 3hrs after the goal started this time.
    not sure if i seen more, just because i never bothered to count before
    but i'll keep checking during next goals: first couple of goal days are the best to do that.

Fashion Designer
    And I really want to know why requests disappear too: I can contribute that my 3rd bakery, with a request that disappeared from my queue after I saw it but didn't act on it, only has my bakeries & stormie as neighbors, so there's no way for it ever to have 20 requests filled. But if there's no limit on received requests, why bother to have it disappear? If there is a limit to how many can display at once, I was nowhere near it.
    On your main bakery, the one that sent out the requests. Could that have had the maximum 20 requests accepted by then? I know I have 2 bakeries, plus my wife and daughter each have 2 bakeries. I can send out my requests and if I don't get around to mine and their bakeries straight away, then I often don't get to some of them before I have all of the 20 requests filled. I've never been to one of the bakeries, saw the request, then not clicked on accept before though. I always just click accept.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Sorry, that was backwards (this is a really difficult subject to write about clearly!)

What I meant was my 3rd bakery, with only 4 neighbors, asked my main bakery for an item. I saw that request but didn't respond to it, and it disappeared without any action being taken. But because it was from my no-neighbors bakery, it couldn't have been affected by that bakery receiving a full 20 requests.

A further finding: it's really hard to judge the effect of observation on this experiment. Like, did the requests that went missing from my queue only disappear because I saw them and didn't answer? So I tried not looking at one of my restaurants today for like 16 hours, starting just before reset. And although I can't guarantee anything, I believe I was missing some requests when I finally went in. There were no requests from reset time, just from 10 hours before, and I usually have some reset requests. And my other restaurant--a lot of my neighbors are neighbors in both--did have requests at reset. But there were only 7 requests, so I don't think I hit any kind of limit and started pushing earlier ones out.

Fashion Designer
    Sorry about that twospoons. I see what you mean when I've reread the post. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to happen like that. It makes you wonder if anyone at S8 could give an answer to it.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Hey, for once, my requests actually worked exactly the way I expected them to!

Shortly after reset, I had requests from A, B, C, D, E, F & G. (that's 7--A & B were from several hours before, I assume it's because they asked more than 20 people yesterday, so I was in the 2nd batch of people who saw their requests. Everyone else was current.)

I didn't respond, and went off to add my own requests. By the time I made it back, I'd gotten 5 new requests. But instead of having 12 now, I still only had 10: C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L. I lost the oldest 2 in favor of the newer ones.

I didn't respond again. When I checked for the 3rd time, I still only had 10, but now they were: F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N & O. Again, the oldest requests got bumped, but this time they were only a hour or so old, not from yesterday.

See, now that makes sense! Why this game isn't always so logical is beyond me.

Next question: how many neighbors have I lost by not responding to their requests while I experiment on them? (Sorry, folks.)
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-26-18 at 03:14 AM.

Hey, for once, my requests actually worked exactly the way I expected them to!

Shortly after reset, I had requests from A, B, C, D, E, F & G. (that's 7--A & B were from several hours before, I assume it's because they asked more than 20 people yesterday, so I was in the 2nd batch of people who saw their requests. Everyone else was current.)

I didn't respond, and went off to add my own requests. By the time I made it back, I'd gotten 5 new requests. But instead of having 12 now, I still only had 10: C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L. I lost the oldest 2 in favor of the newer ones.

I didn't respond again. When I checked for the 3rd time, I still only had 10, but now they were: F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N & O. Again, the oldest requests got bumped, but this time they were only a hour or so old, not from yesterday.

See, now that makes sense! Why this game isn't always so logical is beyond me.

Next question: how many neighbors have I lost by not responding to their requests while I experiment on them? (Sorry, folks.)
    Not only is the game illogical, it's also grossly unfair! And how many neighbors do we all have who think we don't fill requests?!
    Fly in the ointment: I've watched requests disappear when I only had 5 to start with.

Executive Chef
    Yeah, and the other day when I had some requests disappear it was not actually the oldest requests, just a couple from the middle of the queue. I think this may remain a mystery.

But at least we can give credit to the neighbors we might previously have thought were ignoring us. Now we know they just may not have gotten the request. Or they actually are ignoring us.

After reading this I counted how many requests I received, 46 in total from the time I opened the game and had all new goal requests up until reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleturtle44 View Post
    After reading this I counted how many requests I received, 46 in total from the time I opened the game and had all new goal requests up until reset.
    I don't believe that's possible.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast