Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

My grand total for the day was 10. Since it's the beginning of a goal, and since I'm known as a neighbor who fills requests quickly, I would have thought I'd get a lot more requests.
    So I'm at a loss here as to any possible conclusions.

I received 10 requests right off the bat in RS, and have since gotten 4 more. That's 14 for the day so far.

here is my log of requests i got during yesterday, 21/feb:

Spoiler: show

really, thank you, twospoons! i never realized before that i'm getting so many requests! they come in so small portions, i just always tap "accept", and until now i truly believed that magical number "20" also applies to them!

i stated PST time, it's comfortable to count from game day reset.

during abt 20hrs, i accepted 33 requests.
    and they all were day-to-day, none of them was old.
    i'm sure i cd've got more if i wdn't get so tired from the party i had last night and stayed non-sleep during next 4.5hrs until game reset, lol ))))

AND! still, i have only 4 new gears in my inventory (+1 to yesterday's result).
    i'm still declining gear gifts, only accepting nozzles.
    means, 126 of my "exceed" requests from day-before-yesterday are still flying somewhere...
    now i'm just curious how long will they stay alive.
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 02-22-18 at 03:00 PM.

Well today RS started new goal... I write all my requests that I receive down in notebook, so far 14, but on the other hand I have only received 6 back...kind of curious that sgoetzinger99 and myself would have the exact same amount of requests in RS...?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    here is my log of requests i got during yesterday, 21/feb:

Spoiler: show

really, thank you, twospoons! i never realized before that i'm getting so many requests! they come in so small portions, i just always tap "accept", and until now i truly believed that magical number "20" also applies to them!

i stated PST time, it's comfortable to count from game day reset.

during abt 20hrs, i accepted 33 requests.
    and they all were day-to-day, none of them was old.
    i'm sure i cd've got more if i wdn't get so tired from the party i had last night and stayed non-sleep during next 4.5hrs until game reset, lol ))))

AND! still, i have only 4 new gears in my inventory (+1 to yesterday's result).
    i'm still declining gear gifts, only accepting nozzles.
    means, 126 of my "exceed" requests from day-before-yesterday are still flying somewhere...
    now i'm just curious how long will they stay alive.
    The magical number "20" may be the maximum number of requests at one time.

I think the servers hold on to the "exceed" requests for 6 to 7 days, and deletes them after that point.
    Last edited by Lurker2; 02-24-18 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    The magical number "20" may be the maximum number of requests at one time.
    no, i think 20 applies only to what you can get (helps and gifts).
    but it seems to be no limit of what you can give (you can send gifts to all yr nbrs no matter how many of them you have, and apparently, you can fill many-many their requests per day).

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    I think the servers hold on to the "exceed" requests for 6 to 7 days, and deletes them after that point.
    yes, this sounds reasonable. maybe when the server sees that you request nothing from your guys during next couple of days, he "decides" that you have everything you need so far, and keeps your old requests reserved in order to give place to those players who still needs something.

i anyhow keep checking on this.

i usually build 4x new machines of a kind during goals, so i only send requests 3 times:
    1) ask 9 "smth"
    2) request for new part for 1st machine to all others who are not those first 9
    3) ask 6 "smt" - i ask same ppl who helped with 9 "smth".

i keep declining gifts with gear needed for 1st machine, so i can tell fur sure that all gears in my inventory are only from those "exceed" requests from first day.

so far, i have only 4 gears - same as 2 days ago.
    126 of my "exceed" requests are still somewhere "in the air", and i'm gonna keep checking how many of them will "fall down" when one week from goal start will pass

Executive Chef
    I'm still waiting for the 3 requests I made of myself but never answered to pop up again!

I have never received 20 requests in one day, but then, I don't have hundreds of neighbors.
    My question:More than once, I have watched a request disappear right before my eyes. Why? Where do they go?

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I have never received 20 requests in one day, but then, I don't have hundreds of neighbors.
    My question:More than once, I have watched a request disappear right before my eyes. Why? Where do they go?
    yep, i've seen that too.
    i always thought that while i was accepting other requests came in same time, someone just reached his "max 20 helps per day limit" (or stormie just gave him his magical 21st help, lol )))

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    yep, i've seen that too.
    i always thought that while i was accepting other requests came in same time, someone just reached his "max 20 helps per day limit" (or stormie just gave him his magical 21st help, lol )))
    But we have never been told that there's a daily limit to the requests we can fill! So the requests we can fill are limited by the number of filled requests our neighbors have received?
    Example: I have 100 neighbors and get a request from all of them. None of them has had 20 requests filled that day. That means all of the 100 requests I received will be filled, and I will see all those requests.
    If my 100 neighbors have all already received 20 filled requests, I cannot fill any of theirs and will not even see them (or they will disappear).
    If this is true, then it means we have very little control over the requests we fill, and this whole study becomes moot.