View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

47 74.60%
  • I didn't like this event

14 22.22%
  • Black and white guinea pig

43 68.25%
  • Guinea pig

35 55.56%
  • Muddy pig

40 63.49%
  • Hayride

28 44.44%
  • Hay house

33 52.38%
  • Hay pony

26 41.27%
  • Hay rooster

19 30.16%
  • Hay roll

20 31.75%
  • Hay bench

15 23.81%
  • Hay stack

21 33.33%
  • Spring meadow path

28 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Hay There Farmer! - 2018 Jan 31 (POLL ADDED)

Host(ess)
    FYI---I posted earlier regarding this event and the chocolatier not dropping hippos. Just wanted to let the "powers that be" who run Farm story 2 that since three hours ago in making 16 chocolates, I have gotten ZERO hippos dropped. Is that suppose to be that random? I would like to know the ratio that was set up to produce hippos if you are allowed to say. I have two hippos to get to complete this goal and the last five has taken me two days to achieve. All the other goals dropped at a rate that was fair. Not this one. Will not be able to catch up at this rate to complete this event with this glitch. So if anyone else is having this issue, please reply to this and tell me. I contacted storm8 support and received an email that they do not have the support help to answer this. "Bugs and issue" question, which is what I think it is. I am level 65 and have been playing since 2014 so I am qualified to say something is wrong with the number of events I have played.
    Thanks and have a stress free, if possible, day trying to obtain your goals and meet them.
    Last edited by FisherFarms1; 02-06-18 at 07:44 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Goal 6, 10 shoots, 25 wool, level 33

Host(ess)
    Kit10deuce---I am having the same problem with the chocolatier and have asked if they can see if there is a problem or tell me, like you said, that they have purposely created the ratio of chocolates dropping hippos to be unrealistic and frankly unfair compared to the other goals. Especially when it takes one hour to complete one chocolate...breads are easy peasy, 15 minutes.... I am worried the future goals after the bakery will be hard to achieve, especially the wool, I couldn't save enough in making scarfs and the orange trees which only give once every 16 hours I think. So we will see if any catch up lasts out for this event. Some I really enjoy and some I want to stop mid way through because of the time it takes to stay playing for hours and hours, I just don't have that kind of time usually. I set my alarm last night and got up to make more chocolate. So far this morning I made close to 20 chocolates and NO hippos and I have two more to get. The first 10 dropped quickly but now it takes many chocolates it seems before it drops a hippo. I have not had so much trouble in a long time on an event. Hope the ad min or person that works on bugs and issues will read these posts to this event thread and respond back with an answer that makes players understand and hopefully want to continue playing these events. I also used 20+ jewels to finish chocolates early when I saw how behind I was getting and not one chocolate gave me a hippo, what a waste of jewels.lol

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Goal one to ten is a separate quest then the collections gallery.
    All items are unlocked up to and including number six.
    Day 1 is from plane deliveries
    Day 2 is from pigs
    Day 3 is from the studio
    Day 4 is from the chocolatier
    Day 5 is from the bakery
    Day 6 is from the sheep

You can collect the items from the above whether you have completed all the goals or not.
    In the past some players kept all their event items for the collections gallery rather then give them for goals.
    The big thing here is there is a for sure Guinea Pig at the end of goal ten and it is different then the guinea Pig in the collections gallery.
    There are ten random prizes in the collections gallery including a guinea Pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    The Hayride Collection Event
    Submit your items in the Collection Gallery x1
    Get Guinea Pig x1
    Get Muddy Pig x1
    Get Hayride x1
    Get Hay House x1
    Get Hay Pony x1
    Get Hay Rooster x1
    Get Hay Roll x1
    Get Hay Bench x1
    Get Spring Meadow Path x1
    Get Hay Stack x1
    REWARD: 200 coins, 28 xps
    Lady Luck's Collection Gallery plays a big part for players that work and only have time to collect a few event items...
    At the end of the day they might get the pet.
    Some players will get the pet in the first turn in....and some no matter how many collections they turn in won't.
    That is why I really love the option of having a for sure pet at the end of the goals.

One way to get around the chocolatier is to buy the baler.
    With the baler you can craft the hippo from the chocolatier using event items from the day before.
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 02-06-18 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherFarms1 View Post
    FYI---I posted earlier regarding this event and the chocolatier not dropping hippos. Just wanted to let the "powers that be" who run Farm story 2 that since three hours ago in making 16 chocolates, I have gotten ZERO hippos dropped. Is that suppose to be that random? I would like to know the ratio that was set up to produce hippos if you are allowed to say. I have two hippos to get to complete this goal and the last five has taken me two days to achieve. All the other goals dropped at a rate that was fair. Not this one. Will not be able to catch up at this rate to complete this event with this glitch. So if anyone else is having this issue, please reply to this and tell me. I contacted storm8 support and received an email that they do not have the support help to answer this. "Bugs and issue" question, which is what I think it is. I am level 65 and have been playing since 2014 so I am qualified to say something is wrong with the number of events I have played.
    Thanks and have a stress free, if possible, day trying to obtain your goals and meet them.
    I am also having problems collecting hippos from the chocolatier, I have used my one and only bronze cowbell to purchase a boost for the chocolatier, hopefully this will speed the process, I just hope I don’t regret it later on and end up wishing I saved my cowbell for something else.

A little information from a neighbour that bought the baler.
    I have not verified the following recipes maybe someone that has already bought the baler could post the times.
    Takes 2 straw to make 1 hay bundle: time 15 minutes
    Takes 2 hay bundles to make 1 hay fox: time 15 minutes
    Takes 2 hay foxes to make 1 hay hippo: time 30 minutes
    Takes 2 hay hippos to make 1 hay hedgehog: time 30 minutes
    And so on...
    I think they said three hours to make the last item.

Pigs seem to drop a lot of hay bundles meaning you could use these for making other event items.

The baler is also a separate goal that you get a reward of gems for buying it.

Another note if you gave your hippos to the goal then you would not have any left to show in the collections gallery.

From FisherFarms1
    , then why am I not seeing any of the hippos I have collected too? This tells me there is a glitch in the goal for the chocolates to drop hippos. It should not take three days to collect enough hippos in this event to be able to catch up and complete these goals. Please check these two requests for me. Thank you.

Pookiebear50 explanation

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Since we haven't had a collection event in a while, I just thought I'd post a reminder for the experienced players and a heads-up for new players who have never done a collection event:

When the goal calls for us to Give something we've collected (e.g., Goal 1 asks us to give 5 or 10 Hay Straws), these will be removed from the Collections Gallery. So if you have 5 Hay Straws and you Give 5 Hay Straws to fulfill the goal, you will have 0 showing in the Collections Gallery. Although this seems obvious and self-explanatory, it may become important to keep it in mind later as items become harder to find (especially from the Fishing Pond and the Mine).

For example, you may have just 1 of the Day 10 item and need it to complete a goal, but that 1 also finishes a complete collection that you can turn in for the prize. You can only use it for one or the other option. Whichever one you decide to do, the item will disappear from the Collections Gallery and you will need to find another one before you can do the other task.

My suggestion: do not submit anything until you have at least 1 item beyond what you need. So, for example, if you need to give 5 Hay Straws, wait until you have at least 6 before you Give them to fulfill the goal. At least this way you will always be guaranteed to turn in at least 1 collection in the end.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 02-06-18 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Merged posts for clarity

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherFarms1 View Post
    Hi FisherFarms1,

The drops from different activities differ for different farms. Yes it's random. You may face difficulties from the Chocolatier while others face difficulties from deliveries, like me, or from bakery or studio etc. Some of your other days' drops will be better than your chocolatier. That's the challenge of the randomness and every player faces it. Not just with events but with parts and papers. I guess this might be your first time experiencing bad drops, perhaps that made you wonder if there's a glitch. Take it from me, that this randomness challenge has happened to me and other players.

What I would suggest is that you
    - switch making chocolates to another craft, milk or strawberry chocolate perhaps?
    - collect at different times of the day, sometimes collect one by one and others in batches
    - use boost to speed up your crafting time if you have that option
    - buy the baler to help you to craft the items which you face difficulties

Hope these help and the best of luck to you.

Host(ess)
    Thank you judyandthecat for your response. Yes, the baler would speed up things but I don't wish to spend that many jewels. I have been constantly running the chocolatier for almost 24 hours nonstop and it has only dropped one hippo. Never got an answer if this is normal to drop only one after 20+ chocolate? But thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Some players tried reinstalling their game and found their drops better. You can try that and see if it works for you.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast