View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I have done 7 gift basket trades and 1 gold trade and have received exactly zero drops of any of the deco.
    I keep hoping for something other than a few coins and 1 water or 1 living wood. But so far no luck. Sigh.
    I do have some barrels, grape smashers, and a tasting table from the vineyard event a while back. There are also some grapevine ?walls? from that event. (Technically they are not considered walls, but I forget what they are called.)

I am very surprised that S8 passed up the opportunity to sell the deco for gems. Their thought process eludes me too. Lol It seems like they would have jumped at the chance for the extra income.
    In the deco arena I have managed to get a whopping three extra walls. And that?s only one trade away from 10 with 4 or 5 golden trades. Seems like s8 has had a lot of missed deco opportunities lately. We used to always have deco in the market to accompany events. Makes no sense to me.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Apparently the trades stay after the event is over. After the event I will only do the gold trades however when I happen to have the ingredients to do them. The gift basket trade is waaaasay to louch effort for the reward. I can get 5000 coins and a bacon with six energy. And that?s a good trade. I too am bored with this event. Very very bored. It?s like busy work that never ends. But I am plugging away as fast as I can so that I can go back to other things and not have to worry about this event anymore. Working on trade number 6 now. The cider baskets are extremely tedious. They are my least favorite part without a doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    One trade:
    54 Acer Berries (3per tree, approx 180 turns)
    9 Cider Spices (9 mobs, 0 turns, thanks to 18 trees)
    75 Water (ermmm 3 per pond/well, 25 turns)
    7 Green Grapes (7 turns)
    3 Purple Grapes (0 turns, when I get a purp, it always comes with the green)
    20 Pears (10 turns)

Totals to approx 222 Turns

Oh, what did I get when I completed the Basket?

105 Coins
    1 Glimmer Shard
    Wait it takes 5 waters per tree as well, so add another 90 taps.

Sorry, just saw you figured it out.

And I am no longer getting 3 water from ponds. Down to 2 now.
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 01-26-18 at 12:54 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    In the deco arena I have managed to get a whopping three extra walls. And that?s only one trade away from 10 with 4 or 5 golden trades. Seems like s8 has had a lot of missed deco opportunities lately. We used to always have deco in the market to accompany events. Makes no sense to me.
    I've only managed to do 4 gift basket trades. #4 gave me 2 bacon and 115 coins. I definitely will NOT be spending any gems to finish this event nor will I use them to get the grape tree!
    Oh, and the one gold gift trade I did netted less coin than one of the gift basket trades.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I have only managed to collect 9 purple grapes, so 3 fruit basket trades. With less than 6 days left, I won't finish if the purple grapes don't start dropping more frequently. I keep crafting the other items needed in the hopes that the purple grapes will start appearing. I even did 1 gold trade. Wish that would have counted. Hope the luck of the post will help me, but it hasn't yet.
    At least I am not the only one who cannot do it due to lack of purple grapes. We?re in the same boat I suppose.

@Pika: Server resets here too. Usually after collecting from pergola. Happened three times now after collecting purple grapes and never when I had only a green one. I guess it is coincidence, but a very frustrating coincidence nevertheless. Getting server resets at some other occasions too, but I didn?t have any in connection with monster fighting. It usually happens some time after logging in, like after a minute or two maybe. I think it happened more frequently when something was marked as new in my storybook. Which wasn?t always actually new, but the game seemed to think it was (storybook started blinking ?new?).

Farm Supplier
    Am I the only one happy with the drops from pony? I like sir Pigglesworth and it looks like the pony has similar drops plus you can craft gold trades and have a chance at deco which I think is very cute. The event was easy and a nice change from upgrading buildings. There's literally nothing I can complain about. Great event overall and can't wait to see what's coming next. Anyone with me on this?

Rhino Keeper
    Nah, I’m with you. I like the deco, and to have an ongoing trade building is neat. I haven’t finished yet, but am steadily chipping away.

Rhino Keeper
    Yesterday I got 2 grapevine gates from one of my trades and I thought "great! we might start getting some decent prizes for all this work" Then the "loading' knight rode across my screen and they were gone!. Such a disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    Yesterday I got 2 grapevine gates from one of my trades and I thought "great! we might start getting some decent prizes for all this work" Then the "loading' knight rode across my screen and they were gone!. Such a disappointment!
    S8 should let us craft a bandit knight that drops all of the materials lost due to syncing issues.

Sorry to hear that you lost your trade rewards. The deco is very pretty this time. Hopefully they will drop again for you. I’m still waiting for something (anything!) to drop. This morning I got a few coins and 1 silver ore.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    I am level 50 and in the current goal purple grapes fall very rarely from Vineyard Pergola and in the last 24 hours purple grapes does not fall at all .. I would like to "know"why it is so or this game already wants Gems for every goal if it is already so I will stop playing this game forever ...

I read that some people are getting a good drop rate for berries and spices from acer trees. Lucky them! All through this event so far the drop rate for berries from my trees has been 2 and very occasionally 3 per tree and the drop rate for beasts has been ridiculous. I don't think I've had more than 5 beasts in 2 days and no, there has not been one lurking in the bushes.
    Why is the drop rate apparently not the same for everyone? It seems very unfair to me. I would be very interested to know how it can vary so much for different individuals.