View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I was able to do a gold trade. I got
    ~~drumroll~~~ one fancy block and 115 coins
    And the trade didn?t even count towards the 10 required trades, so totally not worth the effort.

I also finally got a second bunch of purple grapes. One more and I can send off a fruit trade. (Woohoo!) At the current drop rate, I?ll be able to send one trade every 3 days.
    Oh, boy! What's the point here I wonder. All the drops reported above from gold trades makes me even less likely to bother at all. This could've been a fun goal but as it is - no spawns, menial drops from the trades & vineyard pergola not dropping purple grapes for sooo many players - I'm just checking the game whenever I feel like it. (Which isn't very often at all).
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Farm Supplier
    Actually SUPER stoked S8 turns down the spawn rate on monsters (for this event the next 13 days). It is so refreshing not to continue to have a parked monster for EVERY energy expended just to not waste what little energy i have. Now I can clear my board every check-in and build up resources and finish mermaid goals the next 13 days with little hope of the monster hoard... and if I do happen to spawn a boar, fang or skunky at least I get one spice item to run the vineyard.

This quest should have been the christmas and new years event. Less stress and more time with the fam.

Farm Supplier
    Gold trade:
    1x Butterfish, 3000 Coins, 2x Vineyard Gate
    Not too shabby for a free stuff I got by completing timed quests

Nightclub Owner
    Reading back over the past day's posts, I realized I'm having the opposite problem to everyone else. I've got 13 Purple Grapes and 3 Green Grapes. While I have used some and am currently on the last task, that's still a huge difference between the two. Apparently we're doomed to only get a decent amount of one color and very little of the other. Is it really so hard to even out the drops, S8?

Rhino Keeper
    My first gold trade was...bacon, fancy beam and some coin! Woo hoo! And no...didn‘t even count toward 10 trades. I have been collecting grapes pretty faithfully during waking hours and have just received my third bunch of purple grapes...probably won‘t be able to get horse deco at this rate. We are not amused (sorry...couldn‘t resist...been watching Victoria! lol)
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Oh, boy! What's the point here I wonder. All the drops reported above from gold trades makes me even less likely to bother at all. This could've been a fun goal but as it is - no spawns, menial drops from the trades & vineyard pergola not dropping purple grapes for sooo many players - I'm just checking the game whenever I feel like it. (Which isn't very often at all).
    Well, I don’t know if it’s the power of the post or if S8 finally turned on the purple grape drops, but I actually got a third one just now. Still, I’m in 100 percent agreement...this quest had so much potential, and could be so much fun, it feels like a missed opportunity. The lackluster trade rewards, low spawn rates and random/rare drops make it more of a chore than a fun event. And that’s not counting the multiple short term side goals all triggering within minutes of each other....day one was chaos and it seems days 2-14 will drag.

On a positive note, the trades seem like they will be beneficial for lower level players who aren’t yet maxed on practically all building materials. I just wish they’d toss a few spellbound or earthen materials in there, and maybe some mermaid stuff, for those of us who don’t really need glimmer dust and fancy blocks.

Fruit trade #1 1030 coins, 2 water, 1 roast chicken
    I am underwhelmed.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 01-19-18 at 05:47 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Fashion Designer
    I just came home from a 4 hr trip. Collected my 4th fruit basket and started crafting the 5th one. Went to collect and suddenly the goal had expired, so I didn't get the reward. I should have had enough time to complete it. I think it ended early.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Very confusing.
    The good thing, when I was finished with the other goal, I had 9 golden grapes so I must have received the goal prize at some time. All those short term goals were really crazy, but I was able to complete all of them. I had enough acer trees and after checking the forum early kept a fangbeast until that goal. Beasts dropped from those first acers. Absolutely none since. Purple grape drops were OK. Fruit baskets were saved for the last.
    I'm pretty ho hum about finishing. First fruit basket trade some 5000 coins and 3 wool. I'm maxed on most of the reported drops. A golden trade in out just now.

Golden trade was 3030 coins only. Bah!
    Last edited by DeeDeeBird70; 01-19-18 at 08:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    My first gold trade: 175 coins. Seriously?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    this is gonna end up a worse version of the lucky trade. all we get is deco or stuff we're maxed out on. or nothing at all.