View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymieb2 View Post
    Uggh! I am swimming in purple grapes (27) , but I desperately need green grapes (5)! Yup... I need to make 2 1/3 more gift baskets, and am running short of green grapes. Can we trade? ;-)
    Yes please, I give you ten green ones for just one purple one.
    Indeed I got two more and I think I will finish. Not entirely without gems, though, I used some for speeding up, but not more than I got through adventures during the same time. That is, if I don?t have to buy another purple grape.
    Some 10 trees, 4 monsters and 1 purple grape to go now.

Finally completed the event and hopefully I get some golden pear .. have been short of one pear since a week ago to complete a golden trade
    All normal trade prizes were redundant and unworthy of time and energy brrrr
    Hope the next event will be something interesting and more worthy of our time yea..

Fashion Designer
    Woo Hoo! On my last Gift Basket trade, I received a base for cider! That is six less Acer Berries that I need to collect!

Didn?t see cider base as a possible drop, but there it was! Along with some coin and wood or something... sorry, I was distracted with the bottle of cider base! Lol!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I'd just like to know why every time I select "craft this event item" I'm told it will consume resources, "do you want to proceed"

BUT APPARENTLY

S8 DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONFIRM GEM PURCHASES!!!!!!
    Bwahahaha! Nailed it!

Fashion Designer
    So rough to do these when gone 10hours a day and no WiFi only got 4 baskets trade done

I finished the event. I did not spend one single gem (not even in a gem trap!) and did not buy the tree. I did have to use a few monster traps I had in storage, from adventures.
    This was one of the worst. The monster spawn rates were so low (for what appears to be the majority of players commenting, at least). The very limiting amount of grapes. (1 green every two hours and maybe a purple) The acer berries dropping mostly 2-3 per tree. And last but not least, the awful returns from the trades. (Wood, sap, and living wood, plus a few coins, were insulting after having chopped scores of trees just to do the trade. I am sure we all saw lots of black banners)
    This one just seemed designed to force gem use, and the prizes (rewards) are definitely not gem worthy. I did finish, but only because I had time, daily Ali energy, and I was too stubborn to quit after getting halfway through.
    Now it is all off to storage. Here’s hoping this week’s update is much better!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    I discovered I had four boar traps in inventory and used those. Then the monsters reappeared after that, and I finished the event about a half hour ago (being awake at 4 a.m. helped with the timing). I had to use extra energy last night, but my unicorn gave me 100!!!! (second time that's happened), so that helped with getting trees grown and harvesting those dang berries.

I agree about the drops not being worth it. My 10th trade gave me 100-something coins. Seriously? And that was the second time that happened of the 10. BUT, I do like the horse and cart and the extra items to go with my other vineyard deco.

As an aside, one frustration of this event and other similar ones is how much energy I waste chopping trees because I cannot use the wood. I wish the wood and/or sap we collect could be part of the event. Chopping rocks is similar.

Oh yeah--I did not buy the gem tree, and I did not spend any gems to complete the event.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-31-18 at 04:13 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Rhino Keeper
    The occasional trade ticket or expansion permit as drops would be very useful given that each permit requires 30 tickets. Amongst the last batch of expansions I still have 3 to do which in total require 15 permits. That's 450 tickets. I'll be pushing up daisies before I get any where near that amount making them in the Royal Excange.

Fashion Designer
    I think I am going to make it... only have one Fruit trade left.

My fruit baskets are done
    4 of remaining 6 base ciders are made. I have all my grapes, purple grapes, and pears. Need water and 10 more Acer Berries, if I counted correctly.

*update - six more Berries! But I am out of energy. *sigh*
    Last edited by jaymieb2; 01-31-18 at 11:03 AM.

130 coins from a golden trade. What a complete waste of time and gems. Really really �� annoyed