View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschbaumm View Post
    So is it then? And why can I purchase it in the German App-Store? I know that America comes first nowadays. That doesn?t mean that we?re delighted to live on your crumbs. And as long Storm8 takes my Euros this game is international. And if they want to get cash from all over the world, it would be advisable that they should think of the all time zones not only those in the US.
    An additional button for starting those timed goals sounds very good to me.
    I am in the US, and didn?t make several of those timed goals. I started just before bed, and tried to meet as many of the goals as I could, but as soon as one goal was met, it triggered more!!! Seemed like the only way to stop triggering more new timed goals was to fail a prior timed goal. Bleah!

Please have a start button instead of an auto start for a timed goal!!!

160 Coins... and 1 Bacon

One...

Farm Supplier
    So, have done a gold trade and my rewards have been 315 coins. What!? That?s even less than my fruit basket trade with 4 water and a bit over 1000 coins. But now I?m not laughing anymore. I?m not even disappointed, I?m perplexed. Thank you, but no thank you. I?m out. Have fun.
    Edit: it was a gift basket trade not a fruit basket trade
    Last edited by Kirschbaumm; 01-20-18 at 12:39 AM.

Executive Chef
    Just to make this event alittle more enthusiastic.. I've divided the steps into sections after I've unblocked all what's needed. First I fully grew 40 Yellow Acer Trees (as these were quicker to grow) and chopped all at once to stock up on Berries and Spices. Next I'll craft all the Base Ciders. I found that carfting 1 Gift Basket at a time was too demanding for the short check-in visits I can make during the day.

These are the results of spawning rates of continous chopping:
    2 trees - fangbeast
    2 trees - fangbeast
    11 trees - fangbeast
    1 tree - skunky
    1 tree - fangbeast
    1 tree - fangbeast
    1 tree - skunky
    3 trees - fangbeast
    1 tree - fangbeast
    3 trees - skunky
    1 tree - skunky
    1 tree - fangbeast
    2 trees - skunky
    2 trees - skunky
    1 tree - fangbeast
    7 trees - fangbeast

TOTAL = 40 Yellow Acer TREES = 10 fangbeasts + 6 skunkupines
    roughly calculating total ~ 1 beast less than 3 trees

This method of completing this event is much simpler than consentrating on crafting just 1 Gift Basket Trade at a time.. at least for my rhythm of play. Now I'm ready to just check-in to collect, craft.. hitting trees/ pergola for the day, using the timer. As progress is obtained.. crafting mansions will be adjusted.

It's much easier.. and less boring! Hope this can help some busy players out there. Not because it's an interesting event.. but considering the Lucky Workshop of the past (which is similar) has proved to be very useful over time.. and this Vineyard Trading may just be useful also during our future play as it is a permanent addition to our kingdom.

Very important also is this consideration.. which I may be wrong, but the thought remains is we don't know yet if these new Golden Fruit drops will be important in the future. But we do know that ALL the 'GOLD' materials we already have ARE important and RARE drops to collect.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Saw some math in this thread, but here my computation:
    Green Grapes Cider Spices Acer Berries Purple Grapes Pears Base Cider Pear Cider Grape Cider Fruit Basket Cider Basket Gift Basket Trade
    Vineyard Horse 70 90 540 30 200 90 60 30 40 30 10

I did not do the energy consumption, but less then other event and it will be focused at 90% on Acer Berries & Beast Hunting. Also the purple grape seems to be a (very) rare drop. So far I only had 4!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Geez I love my new Vineyard area. It's so lush and greeny and yummy! I think the event is very doable, with one basket a day and wonderful that the trades remain! I plan on getting lots and lots of vineyard walls! <3

Rhino Keeper
    First basket trade, 145 coins. This had better be worth that horse. Can't see me doing many of these trades once the goal is ended.

Fashion Designer
    the hard facts

we have permanent GEM trades for golden items with 100% gem return rate.

these "gold" items must only be gold plated because they rarely will give anything of equal value! a TRADE is a TRADE, not a slot machine!
    at least the lucky trade admits it.

ironically these new "golden" items cost even more to buy with gems then golden apples, nuggets and eggs!!!!! go figure

Fashion Designer
    Hi moonvillage3.

In answer to your post #234

I have had

10 + acer trees. Nil beasts
    1 acer tree. 1 fangbeast
    1 acer tree. Nil
    1 acer tree. 1 Skunkupine. Yeah!
    2 acer tress. Nil

That’s nothing like your list is it. From reading the posts others are getting even less than me. Really do wish it wasn’t so random. This event is such a lovely idea.

Later that night -
    1 acer a fangbeast
    1 acer a Skunkupine
    I believe in the power of the post.
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 01-20-18 at 07:12 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    To everyone complaining i don't think you understand the event properly yet.
    All items have post event drops and trades.
    By moving through the first few goals you have already unlocked everything.
    Nothing requires upgrading so once you place the Vineyard Brewery you're good to go.

The Vineyard Horse (main prize) and Vineyard Tree (for gems) just give you more/better drops , so more trades in the future.
    These are just bonuses tho , everything you need for the trades will still drop from what you have , just more slowly.
    I think that most of us understand that the trades are permanent. I think the complaint is that the rewards are not worth the effort whether they are permanent trades or not. At some point, it might be beneficial to do some golden trades for 10,000 coins but even that is pretty meh. I am out of golden pears now anyway. And the rewards are not worth spending gems for. I regret getting the tree now even though I mainly got it because it was pretty and I like trees in my kingdom that drop things.
    Last edited by PrincessCelestian; 01-20-18 at 06:57 AM.