View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Im hoping once we get into this afternoon/evening the game will settle down as most optionals will be gone and our goal book won’t look as crazy. I always keep acres and crab apples ready so was lucky in that I had about 10 trees to chop. Now I am making more. But I did complete 2 timed events. Being optional why lose sleep over it, figuratively and literally. When I was tired I went to bed leaving the others. This event is though, as I read someone say, different from others. I don’t have to pull out all my farmhouses or all my cows. Yes, it will involve growing trees galore and chopping it seems, but every event has that one thing.

I love that the buildings we bought have multiple functions we can use rather than a coin above with potential drops, but more likely just to level. It would be a lot of fun if it stayed and we had trades, even if the drops are not great, a ticket is a ticket.

Too soon after a few hours playing last night for me to make a real judgement on whether I like the event or not, but I can say I’m excited to see where it goes
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslc41 View Post
    I have updated posts 2 and 3 with information found in the thread up to this point.

I have missed quite a few of the Congratulations! messages either because I forgot, or because I didn't complete that timed side goal. If anyone can post an info/screenshots of A Pear a Day, The Basics of Brewing, A Fight is Brewing or Cider Essentials - I will add it into post 2.

Thanks to everyone who posted info and/or screenshots. The essentials of the goals seem to have been covered now - I'll be back to update again in approx 24hrs.
    Thanking you too!
    Info you need which is listed above I have already posted the screenshots in post #86.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fazerJan View Post
    Goal 6 = Complete !!!! 10 !!!! Gift Basket Trades.
    If i did the calculations right, this will take:

70 Green Grapes
    30 Purple Grapes
    200 Pears
    60 Pear Cider
    30 Grape Cider
    90 Base Cider
    540 Acer Berries
    90 Cider Spices
    750 Water
    40 Fruit Baskets
    30 Cider Baskets

My strategy is to focus on brewing the ciders when possible.
    Set Timers on Pear Tree & Vineyard Tree & Vineyard Pergola.
    Chop and grow acer trees as much as possible
    Keep my water level high enough since it takes 750!

Since monsters spawn from chopping trees and gathering water from wells / ponds i do not focus on farmhouses just yet.
    Maybe the last 7 days, but first see how it goes the first week......

I hate to let chopped wood go to waste, so since the cap is 99 for wood, i make a lot of Fancy Beams (10 wood) / Living wood (20 wood) / Builder's Paste (25 wood) during this event.

When an event requires to chop rocks, i make Fancy Blocks..........

Best regards,

FazerJan
    The Netherlands
    Yes, I came up with the same [daunting] numbers. But we do have 11+ more days and no more side goals.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm wondering, despite liking the event and it reminding me of the vineyard estate, what use will these new items such as the golden pears ect. be apart from helping you complete the end goal. Do you guys think this will be incorporated into future events perphas?

Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    I'm wondering, despite liking the event and it reminding me of the vineyard estate, what use will these new items such as the golden pears ect. be apart from helping you complete the end goal. Do you guys think this will be incorporated into future events perphas?
    I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase of the Tree...

I've been burned before on gem item(s) that imitate a vacuum cleaner in high gear and are of no use after the event is over.

Opinions... I mean sure, it's great and useful now... but will it be useful in 15 Days?

Thanks
    MOo

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It seems to me that the Fruit Stand is sort of like the Snowy Workshop wherein after the event we can still collect the grapes/pears to trade for items.

I like that it will be useful after the 14 days are over but I'm not overly enthused that what we are awarded for the last two trades will be random. However I'll admit I'm pretty interested to see what items will be given for the trades since the "and more!" they state is super vague.

The Vineyard Decor is cute and building materials are always nice to get but it would be nice if they published a list of possible drops so we could decide if it was worth the time and effort.
    I don?t know about anyone else, but most of what I get after an event gets clicked once if it?s lucky. It?ll sit there until the next event is over then get clicked once then it waits until the next event.

I?m trying to craft more toadstool beams and mossy blocks, to have a stash but can?t afford the 9 collections of soldiers etc for the shrooms. I haven?t crafted a snowball item in in probably over a year, Agni hasn?t been collected from in over a week, though I do recommend the dragon as a regular collect as I got energy from it the other day.

The only things I do collect from religiously are my cabbage huts, feast givers, and any possibly energy source.

My mermaid quests line is on hold til I have more money to buy more ocean reefs and room for the white pearls as through all the collecting though the making of potions to double your stash I?ve accumulated over 90 white pearls of which I can?t use for anything because I need aquanther scales to finish the next bit but the aquanther is giving more white pearls than scales. And I can?t get enough money from collecting from buildings to buy the ocean reefs because I?m always collecting and crafting etc to concentrate on the current event.

So in short, whilst I appreciate the new quests giving us more to do, it?s always short lived. Will I ever get enough money to get more ocean reefs? Probably not, just going to have to make enough items to keep going on the diving adventure of which I can only do between events. I?d really like another Elvin quest because I?m hoarding my gold runes in anticipation of something else needing the gold runes.

But the trades option is what I?m really looking forward to seeing any excuse for more trade permits and consequently expansion permits are a hit in my book!

As long as that?s the type of trade they are referring to?!!

Decisions decisions.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    I want to chime in on the lack of monsters. Every morning with all my daily ali?s, my two for quests, and my 2 wizard schools. I usually get around 275 ish energy. This morning I Cleared 8 acre trees, collected 40 crops all my chickens and cows.... everything that would usually have me so over run with beasts that I park one somewhere. I kid you not..... 2 monsters. And NO I had none hiding on me. I turn the music up to make sure.

I sat out the last event ( before the hunt). Because I needed to spawn so many different monsters to proceed in the event. And I honestly feel that S8 sabotages us on monster spawning during events, to get us to spend gems on traps. There?s no way I could of cleared my board in normal circumstances and only spawn two monsters..... NO WAY. They have purposely lowered the spawn rate once again.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I'm so tired of the game resetting itself and erasing my progress. I won't be spending for gems this event. Might not even do the event. So frustrating to constantly see the game reset and erase my work. Jumping through hoops that disappear.

Good luck, all. I probably won't be joining you for this one.
    This resetting problem is driving me crazy ... i have this problem again since i have that goal for installing a game that i can't install ... that goal i had earlier and i had that reset problem then too. Goal went away, reset problem gone ... now the goal is back and i have this problem again

Storm8 please remove that goal !!!!

I'm unclear off what the goal is with the event we have now... do we have to do trades? Or what is the endgoal?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by atiragram View Post
    I see that the triggering of the first timed goals has already been corrected. I thought I could delay them by not pacing the fruit stand, but they popped up immediately after completing goal 1.
    The next goals, where it is said ?tbc? in the 2nd post, are also triggered by completing goal 2, I?m quite certain. Whether or not you pace the items (brewery in this case) does not make a difference.
    As to acer trees, not sure whether that was already mentioned:
    Yellow acer trees are slightly more expensive, but they have a 5 min timer to water, while red ones have a 10 min timer. For completing the timed goal, this makes a difference (they grow into choppable trees in half the time).
    Wish I knew that earlier

Executive Chef
    So if the drops from the vineyard tree are permanent, does that mean the fruit stand trades are also permanent?
    And do we get trade tickets for the fruit stand trades?