View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

33 15.28%
  • Neutral

50 23.15%
  • Disagree

123 56.94%
  • I didn't participate

11 5.09%
  • I finished the event and got the vineyard horse

126 58.33%
  • I didn't get the vineyard horse

77 35.65%
  • I bought the gem vineyard tree

45 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Hi everyone! I'm about to complete my first trade, but reading all the comments made me consider wasting my time.
    I like monster events where I can earn something.
    So I guess I'm dropping this.
    I wish the pergola was upgradeable so it could drop more. And if only we could win or buy more pear trees.

Fashion Designer
    do the golden trades count toward the 10 trades? if not what was the purpose of giving us those golden items ?!
    also I too would want to know if that horse drops anything. they should tell us like in the storybook goals.
    that gem tree will continue giving items after event. helps get trades done faster. If the horse is just deco I might just relax and slowly work on trades. doesn't sound like much luck anyway. kind of like the UNlucky trade that gives coins or energy.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    do the golden trades count toward the 10 trades? if not what was the purpose of giving us those golden items ?!
    They do not count towards the 10 gift trades. Pity
    Dragon Story - Dracotopia inactive
    Fantasy Forest - Lintulehto
    Castle Story - Satumaa

Fashion Designer
    Goldtrade
    1 glimmerdust + 10015 coins

Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    also I too would want to know if that horse drops anything. they should tell us like in the storybook goals.
    that gem tree will continue giving items after event. helps get trades done faster. If the horse is just deco I might just relax and slowly work on trades. doesn't sound like much luck anyway. kind of like the UNlucky trade that gives coins or energy.
    The card shot\description back on page 1 or 2 or 3, says the horse is a "Decoration" and then it lists random stuff it drops.

Ya, so... ??

Just can't get into a rhythm having the Pear tree drop hourly. Apparently having us log in every two hours all day long isn't enough, we need to log in hourly.

Can you please find a way for me to win the lottery, so I will have the time to log in every 30mins on the next event please.

Thank yOU!
    FUn!
    MOo!

Farm Supplier
    So, uh, where'd all the beasts go?

I've chopped acer trees, played with 30+ animals, poked around in ponds and wells, checked farmhouses, tended crops, and did all the normal trying-to-make-things-spawn actions since the event started...and I've had maybe seven beasts spawn. The grapes don't seem to be dropping very well either. At least I didn't have the problem with the pear tree a bunch of people had.

I'm 98% certain I'm not going to finish this because I'm already exasperated enough to not want to bother. The artwork's okay, but the horse isn't much of a prize, since it sounds like it won't be contributing, and the trades sound a bit dodgy for the work involved.

I'm of the opinion that the limited quests were ridiculously, stupidly short (Who's bright idea was that? I'm not gemming through that--it's not worth it!) and I wasn't able to do any of them because the drops I needed didn't happen. I was expecting at least 12 hours for them, maybe even a day. But 3 hours? 30-40 mins? Oh, a 7 hour timer, right before bed. So helpful. Were these things bugged or what? It'd be nice to see them later on, but I won't hold my breath.

Oh, well, more time for my main quests.

I would have actually preferred a longer monster hunt, since I'm still working on getting my research building and currently only halfway there. Those net me more decorative stuff that I want consistently than most events, along with bonus gems and energy and extra stuff.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    I completed it with time left and it just flashed and then later I found it expired. There was no obvious rewind unless that was the flash I saw.
    Same thing happened to me. Very confusing.

I was able to do a gold trade. I got
    ~~drumroll~~~ one fancy block and 115 coins
    And the trade didn’t even count towards the 10 required trades, so totally not worth the effort.

I also finally got a second bunch of purple grapes. One more and I can send off a fruit trade. (Woohoo!) At the current drop rate, I’ll be able to send one trade every 3 days.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 01-19-18 at 04:15 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    Really?? ... I've still not gotten to the 10 I need for the Ali, and it's been what 2 years?

... LOVE the random spawn when used to craft a long term item, like this Ali... #sarcasm
    Not so much love when your random number generator continues to only spit out Green Grapes. After 13 collections, and I have pulled TWO Purple Grapes

FUn!!!
    MOo
    Beefus
    Yes, just checked, I?ve got 2 Rainbow Ali?s and hoarding 19 Gold Runes.

I?ve also got 1 purple grape and am at the second to last goal of the ?Whats Eating Baron Grapes? so think I?ve managed to get a few more purple grapes as I?ve got a couple of the purple bottles in my inventory. My game seems to play middle of the road not ahead of everyone else or lagging behind. I also managed to get the required fangbeasts but *****ed with the last and used the only fangbeast trap in my inventory to spawn him as I was running close to the time slot, but I figured that it was ok as I lost out to the 7 hour timer that was finishing while I was sleeping. Lol.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I totally get that, if something from an event has good drops I try to place it somewhere that I'll actually remember it. As it is now my realm is more than a bit cluttered and I sometimes totally forget I even have things that have good drops! A great example of that is the Snowy Workshop; by consistently collecting from Neva I had enough to make a ton of winter gates which I then sold instead of storing and made tons of coins that I used to buy mermaid items.

My hope is that the golden trades turn out something that could be useful in the future. I figure the only extra energy I'd be expending is to tap on the Vineyard and tree when I check in. Since I'll most likely be hunting monsters for whatever event they'll provide the spices and then maybe once a week do the crafting to get the goods. At this point it's all conjecture and pipe dreams 'cuz we don't actually have any solid info. as to how it will work after day 14.
    From what I?ve read so far it?s not promising and really random 130 coins here 10,000 coins there stone block here but the odd good trade back.

Your making and selling is incredibly clever I never thought of that. I certainly need more funds since the mermaid items cost me around 16,000,000.