Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 1/11 - Monster Hunt time! Season 11

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Looking for some sort guidance.
    Plugging along on the monster hunts when they come around. Been trying to save for the mythical research center. Still only a bit more than 1/2 there. Any tips to get there sooner/faster? At this rate it'll be another 3-4 monster hunts before I can build one
    Do you have Beastbane display? It can be very very helpful. Also once you get MCR - craft all unicorns, before all else, they also have chance to drop gold tokens outside the hunt....also Check your private messages.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    I do not have the armored flyger but my regular flygers and the direwolf have given me 8 expansion permits in the last few months, so I harvest them regularly and use the extra earth wisps to make lumin essence.

Oh I take that back, I do have one armored flyger-I was thinking of the armored direwolf which I do not have
    the flygers has chance of dropping permits? I never knew !

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Don't forget the Jousting Arena and Monster Lair spawn all the regular monsters. If you look back at the Monster Hunt info in the hub it has all the tips on spawning specific monsters.
    Where can i get the monster lair? Do you have a photo of it? Maybe i have it.
    Love to add new neighbors. I am LastDuchess

Rhino Keeper
    I wonder if they will reduce the amount of gold tokens needed for armored dire boar in the MRC. Like many of you I spent the 85 gold tokens last hunt. Received the initial 80 energy ( which got us all excited) then only ever 20 energy/5 days since. Not really worth the gold tokens in my opinion.... WAYYYYYYY over priced! A purchase I regret.

Farm Supplier
    But doesn?t it have a chance to drop permits? I thought I read that somewhere.

As to the sword tokens, I have the same problem now, you can?t trade them off alone (only together with shield tokens), but I have around 100 now and way less than 50 of both shield and staff tokens. That seems to be the case if you go mainly for purple golems, they drop a lot of sword tokens. But they are also a sure spawn from the horses. I think that it would take me more energy to hunt down so many skunks and fangbeasts that I have more shields than swords and so to be able to do the silver trade, than just letting the sword tokens go. Or do you think not? I?m not entirely sure, indeed farming can spawn quite some beasts and get some energy back, so maybe it would be an option too.

Just for info: I don?t have a monster lair.

In any case, I like the event 😊. Much better than it was like two years ago, when the hunts stated.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    if you don't have the 400 gem beastbane sword GET IT. Iaccumulate lots of gold tokens between monster hunts. it's easily paid for itself by now.
    400 gems is ALOT for a game I don't usually spend real $ on
    Does this item ever go on sale?
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    400 gems is ALOT for a game I don't usually spend real $ on
    Does this item ever go on sale?
    Yes, it is a lot. I had to save for it for a looooong time and I hope it's worth it. I don't have it very long, so I don't know yet how many golden tokens it drops on average. I have almost enough for the MRC, but want the extra kitchen too. I'm afraid I wont get the kitchen, if I go for the MRC first.

The wyvern spawns regularly in kingdom #1, but are a bit harder to spawn in kingdom #2. But I will get one wyvern in each kingdom.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    I think beastbane is worth it cause it does drop tokens in between events so when events come up you already have some ready to trade for gold tokens...I'm glad I got mine

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    You should never allow yourself to max on tokens. You should always trade them away so that you don?t lose them. Using this strategy I get between 60 and 80 gold tokens per hunt these last few hunts.
    Wow, thats amazing, how do you do it? I only have 7 gold tokens. Im constantly max on swords and in lack of shields and stafs. I dont have extra energy ressources except 1 wizard school.
    Im getting wyverns, 1 dire boar and 1-2 glimmer golems a day. I've spend too much energy looking for fangbeasts and skunkupines I think. Maybe I should stop that, I can hardly pass the daily novice goal.
    Does everyone else ignore everything else in their kingdom while the hunt in on, such as crafts, coins and castle?

In this rate I wont be able to get the mytic research center before another 10 hunts. How many hunts a year are there approximately, 1-3? Hmm... depressing much..

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuneRealm View Post
    Wow, thats amazing, how do you do it? I only have 7 gold tokens. Im constantly max on swords and in lack of shields and stafs. I dont have extra energy ressources except 1 wizard school.
    Im getting wyverns, 1 dire boar and 1-2 glimmer golems a day. I've spend too much energy looking for fangbeasts and skunkupines I think. Maybe I should stop that, I can hardly pass the daily novice goal.
    Does everyone else ignore everything else in their kingdom while the hunt in on, such as crafts, coins and castle?

In this rate I wont be able to get the mytic research center before another 10 hunts. How many hunts a year are there approximately, 1-3? Hmm... depressing much..
    Don't go looking for extra skunkupines and fangbeasts - even for the goal - not worth it. Since you get like 10 energy, but you waste WAY more than that for slaying them. For gold items - focus on glimmer golems and blue direboar quest. Also daily wyverns.

How to balance. If you have enough swords and staffs - but are short of shields. Just fight golem ( which drops shileds entire time you fight it - the moment you have enough - stop fighting and trade them. ) Then look what items are you running out for next trade...
    short on swords - do wyvern quests - they also drop swords which nicely balances out...so you get some extra swords this way. The moment you have enough for gold trade - do it.

If you have like over 100 shields and swords, but too little staffs - do silver or bronze trades.