View Poll Results: Did you like this event?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

10 15.63%
  • I didn't like this event

43 67.19%
  • I completed all goals

2 3.13%
  • I started but I couldn't complete all goals

54 84.38%
  • I didn't participate

2 3.13%
  • Goal 1-3

3 4.69%
  • Goal 4-5

6 9.38%
  • Goal 6-7

7 10.94%
  • Goal 8-9

23 35.94%
  • Goal 10

9 14.06%
  • Goal 11

3 4.69%
  • I liked the prizes

13 20.31%
  • I didn't like the prizes

32 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Sweet! Cake Pops! - 2018 Jan 5 (POLL ADDED)

Executive Chef
    Well, now all that remains is selling off all the extra now-unusable stuff, working around the excessive amount of milk chocolate I still have until I can use them up, and figuring out what to do with the Pop truck...which, even after the event, still gives its melodious chime when you tap it.

I'm thinking maybe I'll reorganize my farm so that most of the buildings have their own individual 4x4 "lot" with its own unique (and hopefully appropriate) decorations, and maybe leaving the truck outside the Ice Cream Cottage, as though it belongs to it (which it sort of does). I just need to see if I have enough space to pull it off or not.

On second thought, though...with Valentine's Day coming up, maybe I should hold onto the Milk Chocolate. I may need it all if Storm8 gives us a Valentine's Day event...

Farm Supplier
    GUESS WHO'S TRUCK IS IN THE CELLAR...... deep, deeeeeeeeeeeeep in the cellar!!!!!

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Well, now all that remains is selling off all the extra now-unusable stuff, working around the excessive amount of milk chocolate I still have until I can use them up, and figuring out what to do with the Pop truck...which, even after the event, still gives its melodious chime when you tap it.

I'm thinking maybe I'll reorganize my farm so that most of the buildings have their own individual 4x4 "lot" with its own unique (and hopefully appropriate) decorations, and maybe leaving the truck outside the Ice Cream Cottage, as though it belongs to it (which it sort of does). I just need to see if I have enough space to pull it off or not.

On second thought, though...with Valentine's Day coming up, maybe I should hold onto the Milk Chocolate. I may need it all if Storm8 gives us a Valentine's Day event...
    I hope it is a county fair...

Executive Chef
    It might be...but, there are still 3 weeks between now and Valentine's Day...Storm8 may squeeze in another short event in between and start the Valentine's Day event ON Valentine's Day. So, there's no telling what it will be.

I'm halfway to hoping it's a Leaderboard event so that I can justify my non-participation, lol. But a County Fair event would be welcome after this disappointing fiasco.

Grand Emperor
    Please take note that there are 4 questions to this poll.

1. Did you enjoy this event?
    2. Did you complete all goals?
    3. What was your last goal?
    4. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation!

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Executive Chef
    The event was, for the most part, enjoyable. The recipes were interesting and the text preceding each new set of goals was amusing. If various Cake Pops were to become a part of the regular game, they would make for interesting choices, as well as additional uses for the Milk Chocolate. Not that everything needs to have multiple uses, but Milk Chocolate--like Dark Chocolate--seem more intermediate step products than final products, which the Orange Chocolate, Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Strawberry, and Chocolate Banana are. And other recipes (Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Sauce) all use Dark Chocolate rather than Milk Chocolate, so the recipes from this event were novel.

The other recipes--Grape Pop Mix, Apple Pop Mix, Rainbow Pop, Fudge Drizzle, etc.--could be repurposed and added as well.

Despite my best efforts, I was not able to complete all the goals, only completing Goals 1 thru 9. Following from judyandthecat's math, as well as the math of other players, it seems there was no way I would have been able to complete all 11 goals without buying a second truck early in the event...something which I could not do, having limited funds to work with and not enough accumulated gems to buy it. As a result, I feel a little *****ed out of succeeding, made slightly worse by the fact that I missed the 2nd to final prize again (I missed it during the first Sweet Retreat event) as well as the final prize, but I am also slightly consoled by the fact that at least I am not alone in my frustration.

One thing--which I mentioned before in an earlier post--is that I feel the Pop Truck was underutilized or utilized incorrectly. As has been noted, for all of Goal 9 the Truck was NOT used, equating to about 3 days in which it sat with no recipes available, while everything else--the Choco Cookies, the Cream Frosting, and the Cookie Sandwiches--were crafted solely in the Bakery. Had only the Cookies and the Frosting--or perhaps just the Cookies--been made in the Bakery and the Frosting and the Sandwiches in the Truck, it would have made much more sense.

The prizes being offered were all right, though since I already had nearly the whole set from the previous Sweet Retreat event, they were somewhat redundant for me. However, I may be able to use the doubled prizes to positive effect, so they are helpful. I wouldn't mind seeing the final prize displayed on someone's farm, but from the posts in the thread, it seems that the Beehive Cake (or so I assume it might be) is not all that impressive. I may be wrong, however.

For future reference, knowing the number of eventual goals in advance (maybe listing as "Goal X of Y") would be helpful in determining whether players should press on or--since goals inevitably increase in difficulty--quit while they are ahead. Also, being provided with a heads-up (as we received previously on some events) by at least 3-5 days (maybe the beginning of the week the event starts) would be appreciated. Even if we guess incorrectly as to what might be involved, at least we could have some time to (potentially) prepare for it. For example, had I known in advance that I might need a LOT of Milk Chocolate, perhaps it would have been easier to complete one or two earlier goals instead of having to wait for Milk Chocolate to finish crafting and then choosing between making Choco Cookies or Fudge Drizzle. The wording in the heads-up could be one way to hint at (but not actually give away) what might be needed.

Overall, this was not as disastrous as the Beaver Event, though I am still frustrated by my inability to complete the goals.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    The event was, for the most part, enjoyable. The recipes were interesting and the text preceding each new set of goals was amusing. If various Cake Pops were to become a part of the regular game, they would make for interesting choices, as well as additional uses for the Milk Chocolate. Not that everything needs to have multiple uses, but Milk Chocolate--like Dark Chocolate--seem more intermediate step products than final products, which the Orange Chocolate, Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Strawberry, and Chocolate Banana are. And other recipes (Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Sauce) all use Dark Chocolate rather than Milk Chocolate, so the recipes from this event were novel.

The other recipes--Grape Pop Mix, Apple Pop Mix, Rainbow Pop, Fudge Drizzle, etc.--could be repurposed and added as well.

Despite my best efforts, I was not able to complete all the goals, only completing Goals 1 thru 9. Following from judyandthecat's math, as well as the math of other players, it seems there was no way I would have been able to complete all 11 goals without buying a second truck early in the event...something which I could not do, having limited funds to work with and not enough accumulated gems to buy it. As a result, I feel a little *****ed out of succeeding, made slightly worse by the fact that I missed the 2nd to final prize again (I missed it during the first Sweet Retreat event) as well as the final prize, but I am also slightly consoled by the fact that at least I am not alone in my frustration.

One thing--which I mentioned before in an earlier post--is that I feel the Pop Truck was underutilized or utilized incorrectly. As has been noted, for all of Goal 9 the Truck was NOT used, equating to about 3 days in which it sat with no recipes available, while everything else--the Choco Cookies, the Cream Frosting, and the Cookie Sandwiches--were crafted solely in the Bakery. Had only the Cookies and the Frosting--or perhaps just the Cookies--been made in the Bakery and the Frosting and the Sandwiches in the Truck, it would have made much more sense.

The prizes being offered were all right, though since I already had nearly the whole set from the previous Sweet Retreat event, they were somewhat redundant for me. However, I may be able to use the doubled prizes to positive effect, so they are helpful. I wouldn't mind seeing the final prize displayed on someone's farm, but from the posts in the thread, it seems that the Beehive Cake (or so I assume it might be) is not all that impressive. I may be wrong, however.

For future reference, knowing the number of eventual goals in advance (maybe listing as "Goal X of Y") would be helpful in determining whether players should press on or--since goals inevitably increase in difficulty--quit while they are ahead. Also, being provided with a heads-up (as we received previously on some events) by at least 3-5 days (maybe the beginning of the week the event starts) would be appreciated. Even if we guess incorrectly as to what might be involved, at least we could have some time to (potentially) prepare for it. For example, had I known in advance that I might need a LOT of Milk Chocolate, perhaps it would have been easier to complete one or two earlier goals instead of having to wait for Milk Chocolate to finish crafting and then choosing between making Choco Cookies or Fudge Drizzle. The wording in the heads-up could be one way to hint at (but not actually give away) what might be needed.

Overall, this was not as disastrous as the Beaver Event, though I am still frustrated by my inability to complete the goals.
    Why was the beaver event so disastrous? I finished it easily with a day to spare. I mean, I didn't get my beaver (game glitch) but I didn't find the challenge hard. Was there something I missed?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kit10deuce View Post
    Why was the beaver event so disastrous? I finished it easily with a day to spare. I mean, I didn't get my beaver (game glitch) but I didn't find the challenge hard. Was there something I missed?
    You may want to read about the hardships a lot of players complained about in the Beaver event thread. But congratulations to you on finishing the event!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324