View Poll Results: Did you like this event?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

10 15.63%
  • I didn't like this event

43 67.19%
  • I completed all goals

2 3.13%
  • I started but I couldn't complete all goals

54 84.38%
  • I didn't participate

2 3.13%
  • Goal 1-3

3 4.69%
  • Goal 4-5

6 9.38%
  • Goal 6-7

7 10.94%
  • Goal 8-9

23 35.94%
  • Goal 10

9 14.06%
  • Goal 11

3 4.69%
  • I liked the prizes

13 20.31%
  • I didn't like the prizes

32 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet! Cake Pops! - 2018 Jan 5 (POLL ADDED)

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalezzzz View Post
    I like this event because it’s pretty laid back. You get a prize with every goal so even if I know I won’t finish, it doesn’t feel like I wasted my time. Since there is no pet awarded at the end I don’t care about not finishing. I’m not a person who puts too many decorations on my farm, and I remove or replace them often, so I don’t care about winning all the decorations. I feel like I can stop at any point for this reason.

I think it sucks more knowing you’re missing out on a pet when you don’t finish an event. Only because they usually cost too many gems or you don’t get a chance to get that pet again. But then again we have so many opportunities to win more pets that this isn’t a big deal either.
    I like this challenge because after all the effort for previous goals, the time felt right for a prize at a time. No pressure unless you wanted it. I'm with you, Scalezzz!

Farm Supplier
    There's not actually any point doing this whole challenge without forking out the 250(!!!!) gems to get Piper's truck because it's impossible to do it without two trucks cooking at once isn't it

Executive Chef
    I like this event because it’s pretty laid back. You get a prize with every goal so even if I know I won’t finish, it doesn’t feel like I wasted my time. Since there is no pet awarded at the end I don’t care about not finishing. I’m not a person who puts too many decorations on my farm, and I remove or replace them often, so I don’t care about winning all the decorations. I feel like I can stop at any point for this reason.

I think it sucks more knowing you’re missing out on a pet when you don’t finish an event. Only because they usually cost too many gems or you don’t get a chance to get that pet again. But then again we have so many opportunities to win more pets that this isn’t a big deal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconj View Post
    I like this challenge because after all the effort for previous goals, the time felt right for a prize at a time. No pressure unless you wanted it. I'm with you, Scalezzz!
    I agree that there is no pressure unless we put in on ourselves. I think what has most players upset who started this event is that it started off reasonably doable, but we're finding that as we move forward with each goal, the time limit is working against us. What is most frustrating, I think, is not that there isn't a pet at the end or that we can't finish, but that after working hard for so many days and making as much progress as some of us do, we will fail because of a lack of just a few hours, or maybe just one more day. It's that we put in all the effort, and come up just short of success.

And I think, for those of us who ended up in the same situation with the Beaver event--struck down by time--this is especially frustrating and galling.

Still, that won't stop me from doing my best to get to the end.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    I agree that there is no pressure unless we put in on ourselves. I think what has most players upset who started this event is that it started off reasonably doable, but we're finding that as we move forward with each goal, the time limit is working against us. What is most frustrating, I think, is not that there isn't a pet at the end or that we can't finish, but that after working hard for so many days and making as much progress as some of us do, we will fail because of a lack of just a few hours, or maybe just one more day. It's that we put in all the effort, and come up just short of success.

And I think, for those of us who ended up in the same situation with the Beaver event--struck down by time--this is especially frustrating and galling.

Still, that won't stop me from doing my best to get to the end.

I have noticed that the time it takes to complete some of the goals is way too long and see why it is frustrating for people. I was just explaining why this type of event works for me and why I don’t feel the pressure or frustration others do (:
    Some people want to make it to the end and won’t be able to but I just don’t care to finish since the end prize is probably that bee thing or some other decoration. (Not that they aren’t cool). For me this is just an event where I don’t have to put much effort in and still can get some prizes. With the beaver event It was a bit frustrating because it was a new pet and i personally love when we get pets that are not cats or dogs but i didn’t get it even though I tried. All I got was a bird house I didn’t care for so all that effort felt like a waste. This event is the total opposite.
    But again, I completely understand why for others it is still just as frustrating.

Good luck to you! I am just trying to get the flower decorations cause I actually like those haha

I started this event 3 days late due to the ipad dying on me a few days into the last event while on vacation and it took 2 weeks to get a replacement. I have been reading the forum since I started the event hoping that I could caught up at some point but reading the time frames that is going to be impossible. I do wonder what task will finally give the bee hive decoration or the variety ice cone shrub. The shrub was really the only decoration I was working toward. I will finish task 7 but I don't know if I will start on task 8 since that will take 4 days.

Good luck to those players who are trying to get to the end.

One player posted a little earlier about an event where the team change the craft times. The only one that I remember is the event when they brought out the flower shop. The craft time on the candles were originally 24 hours and they changed the time to 6 hours.

Executive Chef
    I have noticed that the time it takes to complete some of the goals is way too long and see why it is frustrating for people. I was just explaining why this type of event works for me and why I don’t feel the pressure or frustration others do (:
    Some people want to make it to the end and won’t be able to but I just don’t care to finish since the end prize is probably that bee thing or some other decoration. (Not that they aren’t cool). For me this is just an event where I don’t have to put much effort in and still can get some prizes. With the beaver event It was a bit frustrating because it was a new pet and i personally love when we get pets that are not cats or dogs but i didn’t get it even though I tried. All I got was a bird house I didn’t care for so all that effort felt like a waste. This event is the total opposite.
    But again, I completely understand why for others it is still just as frustrating.

Good luck to you! I am just trying to get the flower decorations cause I actually like those haha
    Thanks I'd like to get those flowers too, plus the Giant Sundae Mountain (only because I couldn't get it the first time).

Farm Supplier
    I'm probably overlooking it but what does the Giant Sundae Mountain look like, not that I can win it. Just wondering.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by goodies70 View Post
    I'm probably overlooking it but what does the Giant Sundae Mountain look like, not that I can win it. Just wondering.
    Check post #82 on page 9. It's that big Ice Cream Sundae in the bottom left.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Check post #82 on page 9. It's that big Ice Cream Sundae in the bottom left.
    Thank you PookieBear! I would Love to have it but there's no way!

Farm Supplier
    So I've bailed out! I wish I could sale the items (like the dark choco pops, pop mixes & rainbow pops) that I've crafted for this event so maybe others could finish. I know we used to be able to do that & I think that's another reason it was easier to finish goals. Also, they would put all the recipes needed for the event in the buildings. Now the recipes are only available when you're on a specific goal so it's harder to cook in advance. Oh well!