Thread: Event Timer

Executive Chef

Event Timer

May we please have, as a regular feature, an Event Timer that counts down the remaining time of an event? For some events, such as the County Fair events, there is a graphic advertising the event which we can tap to display a countdown--day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second. Usually the graphic will also display how many days (and on the last day, hours, minutes, and seconds) remain in the event. However, for events like the current White Elephant event, there is no timer. Players can tap on any of the characters (or the icon in the top left) to see how much time remains in an open event-related quest, but this would not work for those who finish all the quests. Sometimes--many times--there is a sale or special pack offered, and the timing coincides with the remaining time in the event...but this, too, may not be 100% reliable. So, may we please have a regular timer?

Perhaps it could be a clock tower or billboard that we could buy or build and place on our farm. Tapping on it during events will display the remaining time in an event, as well as provide the details and instructions for the event; this might take the place of the graphic previously mentioned. During non-event periods, it could be used to provide a heads-up for upcoming events.

Executive Chef
    I apologize for advancing this thread again, but please consider these circumstances:

- I completed the Yuletide Gift Bash and received my Frosty Raccoon...but as nearly as I can recall, there are still 2 or 3 days left before the event officially ends.
    - I completed the Slap Shot event and got the 23 Jed Cups and turned those in...but the only reason I know I have a couple more days for that is that the Don't Miss This Shot quest is still present in my "To Do" list, and this will disappear if I ever get the last prize for this quest.

If an Event Timer (as described previously) is not a feasible option, then perhaps all the quests could remain in the queue until they end, with a large *COMPLETED* present but their clocks still counting down? That way we will also know when we need to finish doing certain tasks (like smashing pumpkins or gifts) before they become impossible to complete.