Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I tell who gifts and who doesn't?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboots17 View Post
    Do you mean that you send requests all at once to your 100+ neighbours? The system will only allow 20 requests per day and the rest are backlogged til the next day. If you send another 20 requests on the following day that adds to the backlog. Are you getting items that you requested like a week ago? If so, wait a few days to a week so that the queue will clear out.

If that's not the case and you suspect that your neighbours are genuinely not answering your requests, then try sending only 10 or so each day to perhaps the first 10 neighbours on your list (so that you can remember who it is) and see if you end up with those 10 items in your inventory.

Try to take note of who is responding. It can be tedious and seem like a waste of time, but it's really the only way to know for certain. I used to have 300+ neighbours which I trimmed down to under 40 who I know are very good at responding. Now, I can usually build an appliance in about 24 hours or less.

The first step should be to make a quick visit to each of your neighbours and see if they're active (check for spoiled food, if there's no new food cooking, tables aren't clear + their wall has messages from other players saying "full" from days ago, etc.) and just delete them. If you don't want to silent delete, you could leave a polite message so that if they want to be re-added they have a link back to your bakery.

Although that's a separate issue from gifting. Do you send out gifts? Most players will gift back, it seems unlikely that only 3-4 out of 100+ would reciprocate.
    Huh this doesn't happen to me. Ur saying if I send a request to someone no longer playing the 21st person doesn't see my request. I don't think thats whats happening. I send requests to over 200 neighbors. And I always get the parts I need even if it takes a few hours or a day.

Fashion Designer
    I have hundreds of inctive neighbors since i just restarted playing again a few months ago after a 3 year hiatus. I should have deleted all the neighbors and started over. As soon as i came back, But i didnt and now they are all mixed. I simply don't have the time for that. I gift everyone and I get the parts I need when i need them despite all these mixed opinions. I send requests to the entire list. Maybe that's not how I should do it. I'll be receiving parts for the next month for an appliance I no longer need apparently? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    Huh this doesn't happen to me. Ur saying if I send a request to someone no longer playing the 21st person doesn't see my request. I don't think thats whats happening. I send requests to over 200 neighbors. And I always get the parts I need even if it takes a few hours or a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    I have hundreds of inctive neighbors since i just restarted playing again a few months ago after a 3 year hiatus. I should have deleted all the neighbors and started over. As soon as i came back, But i didnt and now they are all mixed. I simply don't have the time for that. I gift everyone and I get the parts I need when i need them despite all these mixed opinions. I send requests to the entire list. Maybe that's not how I should do it. I'll be receiving parts for the next month for an appliance I no longer need apparently? Lol
    No, I'm saying that the 21st person won't see your request until the next day. Only the first 20 neighbours will be able to answer on the first day. If you send a request to an inactive player, obviously they won't answer it. It will eventually expire. No, you will not be receiving parts for the next month... but probably for a week.

If you ever pay attention to the date of a request from a neighbour, sometimes it says 2 days ago or even older.

The first 20 neighbours can answer. However, the other 180 neighbours will not get your request until the following day(s). Hopefully someone will back me up on this, but there is plenty of information in this forum confirming this limit. It's not about "mixed opinion", it's fact.

If you send 200 requests for oven elements on Monday and 200 requests for metal sheets on Tuesday, your neighbours will NOT receive the requests for metal sheets that day. They will only receive your requests for oven elements from the previous day and for the remainder of the week.

You will receive oven elements minutes, hours or a day later, but you will not receive metal sheets.

If you send out requests for different parts on the same day, you may receive enough parts in a timely manner to build your appliance and therefore not realize that you've jammed up the system.

If you check your storage, you may notice that you have continued to receive parts that you requested days ago. It doesn't sound like you can be bothered to do so, so believe what you want.

You can play the game any way you want if it works for you. I was giving advice to someone who was experiencing issues with not receiving gifts or having their requests answered.

From the Game Guide

Requests
    You can send parts requests to ask your neighbours to help to build your appliances or task requests for their help during goals. You can send as many requests as you like per game day but your neighbours can only accept 20 of your requests. If you send more than 20 requests today, the remainder of your requests will carry to the next game day. Although there's no limit to how many requests you can send each day, take note not to jam up your request queue and cause a delay in the response time, especially during time sensitive goal period.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvoeller View Post
    Only 20 of your neighbors can accept parts requests per day. So potentially you can receive up to 40 gifts a day in you receive 20 gifts and send 20 parts requests. If you send out more than 20 requests, only the first 20 will make it that day. The rest will be carried over to the next day, and so on. If you are sending out more than 20 requests every day, the system will get overloaded and you will not receive your parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    you can send request to all yr neighbors, but you can only get 20 per day answered.
    means, if you have 30 neighbors, only 20 will see yr request and answer it the same day.
    next day, other 10 will do it (unless you ask for something other).

Quote Originally Posted by ladysurvivor View Post
    The long and short of it is I need to cull dead weight from my neighbors and add new ones. I couldn't care less about tipping;my concern is gifts. I have over a 100 neighbors and I have to scramble for a couple of days to get parts or requests and I don't think I should have to.

I guess I could write down shop names on a piece of paper every morning when I accept gifts but I was wondering if there was a way to see who's been gifting me after the fact. Thanks everybody!

(Xposted in RS)
    Im so sorry you are having this issue! I've heard it repeatedly from others too.

Take note of what everyone is telling you about the gifting, request & response system. The 20 limit is insane but it's vital to game play!

You can go the the looking for neighbor board & post out there or respond to other posts. That area has helped me tremendously! I gift but I'm not the best at tipping daily & there are times I tip silently & that's if I tip. I post for most people to post on my wall what they want & I'll gift them that next rotation & I tell them they can just post okn my wall without tipping. During goals I try to tip people what they request, so they get that item twice..but sometimes I get too many requests & can't do that. So I try my best to help others out. The biggest problem I have is I either gift early in the morning or at night & that can be a problem for some.

Anyway... the is the add me board link is below. I hope it helps you find others who play like you

https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...y-Story-Add-Me

Good luck & feel free to add me if our style matches

Thank you to everyone who posted about the 20 limit with exactly how it works. I thought that was it but to see so many say this is it & even show what the game guide states... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
    Last edited by Dreamear; 01-24-18 at 02:21 PM.

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

Dirtyboots, I agree with you 100%! I always send out 20 requests and not more and as for the 20th neighbor not being active, it’s true the 21st person won’t see the request until the next day.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Does anyone know how long gifts will stay valid before accepting, seems like after 6 hours they disappear especially when I?m trying to visit before accepting the gift...it?s how I tip and gift neighbors before I accept the gift 🎁

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiesSweetstuff View Post
    Does anyone know how long gifts will stay valid before accepting, seems like after 6 hours they disappear especially when I?m trying to visit before accepting the gift...it?s how I tip and gift neighbors before I accept the gift ��
    The gifts stay indefinitely. I have multiple bakeries and some have gifts from months ago.

Does anyone know how long gifts will stay valid before accepting, seems like after 6 hours they disappear especially when I?m trying to visit before accepting the gift...it?s how I tip and gift neighbors before I accept the gift ��

They do disappear at the 6 hour mark for some reason, but at reset I do see older requests that was sent.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Does anyone know how long gifts will stay valid before accepting, seems like after 6 hours they disappear especially when I?m trying to visit before accepting the gift...it?s how I tip and gift neighbors before I accept the gift 
    I tested this out and my unaccepted gift is still pending after 6 hours, so it does seem to stay indefinitely as monstertop said.

Perhaps your older gifts are getting bumped by newer ones, if you're accepting from newest to oldest and leaving time for more gifts to come in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44E2F904-FCB1-4587-B488-EB7FEC75E850.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	41756

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboots17 View Post
    I tested this out and my unaccepted gift is still pending after 6 hours, so it does seem to stay indefinitely as monstertop said.

Perhaps your older gifts are getting bumped by newer ones, if you're accepting from newest to oldest and leaving time for more gifts to come in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44E2F904-FCB1-4587-B488-EB7FEC75E850.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	41756

That makes sense!
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12