Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I tell who gifts and who doesn't?

Rhino Keeper

How do I tell who gifts and who doesn't?

The long and short of it is I need to cull dead weight from my neighbors and add new ones. I couldn't care less about tipping;my concern is gifts. I have over a 100 neighbors and I have to scramble for a couple of days to get parts or requests and I don't think I should have to.

I guess I could write down shop names on a piece of paper every morning when I accept gifts but I was wondering if there was a way to see who's been gifting me after the fact. Thanks everybody!

(Xposted in RS)

Rhino Keeper
    Well we only get 20 gifts per day, so even if neighbors try to gift, only 20 will be able to. What you need to focus on is who accepts your gift requests in a timely manner.

Every time you send requests, write down all the neighbors you send them to (make sure it?s only 20 per day) and check who accepts your requests and who doesn?t.

Rhino Keeper
    Personally, I haven?t had to do this. I always use the same 20 reliable neighbors over and over again for part requests. I?ve just made a mental list of those who always answer right away.

One thing you could do is decline all gifts (or ones that you don't want anyway) for one day -- that way you can see what comes in throughout the day without maxing out after first 20. You can even extend this to a few days or a week if you're not trying to build an oven or complete a goal.

Seems a bit wasteful, but at least then you determine who is gifting and what they're gifting.

This works for me in Fashion Story since I rarely use any of the gifts anyhow.

Rhino Keeper
    Most days I only get 3 or 4 gifts but i keep forgetting who they are. And when I need new parts for a new appliance, i put out the request to all 100+ and it still takes 2 to 3 days to get enough parts to build. This morning, out of the 22 entries on the gift popup 0 were gifts to accept. They all were to send gifts and many of them are always from 2 or 3 days ago.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysurvivor View Post
    Most days I only get 3 or 4 gifts but i keep forgetting who they are. And when I need new parts for a new appliance, i put out the request to all 100+ and it still takes 2 to 3 days to get enough parts to build. This morning, out of the 22 entries on the gift popup 0 were gifts to accept. They all were to send gifts and many of them are always from 2 or 3 days ago.
    Only send 20 requests per day.

Do you mean that you send requests all at once to your 100+ neighbours? The system will only allow 20 requests per day and the rest are backlogged til the next day. If you send another 20 requests on the following day that adds to the backlog. Are you getting items that you requested like a week ago? If so, wait a few days to a week so that the queue will clear out.

If that's not the case and you suspect that your neighbours are genuinely not answering your requests, then try sending only 10 or so each day to perhaps the first 10 neighbours on your list (so that you can remember who it is) and see if you end up with those 10 items in your inventory.

Try to take note of who is responding. It can be tedious and seem like a waste of time, but it's really the only way to know for certain. I used to have 300+ neighbours which I trimmed down to under 40 who I know are very good at responding. Now, I can usually build an appliance in about 24 hours or less.

The first step should be to make a quick visit to each of your neighbours and see if they're active (check for spoiled food, if there's no new food cooking, tables aren't clear + their wall has messages from other players saying "full" from days ago, etc.) and just delete them. If you don't want to silent delete, you could leave a polite message so that if they want to be re-added they have a link back to your bakery.

Although that's a separate issue from gifting. Do you send out gifts? Most players will gift back, it seems unlikely that only 3-4 out of 100+ would reciprocate.

Rhino Keeper
    I gift to every single neighbor every single day. Most don't seem to be gifting me.

Rhino Keeper
    That's an abysmal response rate for 100 neighbors. I'd take note of the people who do gift, delete everyone else, and then look for new neighbors.

Rhino Keeper
    I've started writing down who gifts. Since the new year, I've been gifted by 13 neighbors, 8 of those have gifted me each day. I just checked and I have 98 neighbors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast