Thread: Is 29 the magic number of customers at one time?

Is 29 the magic number of customers at one time?

I have been trying to increase the amount of customers I can have at any given time and it seems until 1 leaves more will not enter. So... is 29 the magic number or will it increase if I double seating?
    Restaurant Story: Riverside Lodge
    Bakery Story: Millyways

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammysimsville View Post
    I have been trying to increase the amount of customers I can have at any given time and it seems until 1 leaves more will not enter. So... is 29 the magic number or will it increase if I double seating?
    It would be nice if we could get more in. 29 is the max though.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    It would be nice if we could get more in. 29 is the max though.
    Hmmmm, so getting them in and out faster is key. Ok, tks!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammysimsville View Post
    Hmmmm, so getting them in and out faster is key. Ok, tks!
    Yeah that's the best way. I use the T layout that uses 19 tables hd chairs. I've tried other wys with multiple doors but always go back to that.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Ok, stupid question here please forgive me LOL but if only 19 tables/chairs how do you get 29 customers?

I just started using the T thing in bakery and restaurant. The money is coming in faster but they complain even if they choose table right at the door. It's like take one step thru the door and they are standing at the register. Then turn in place, one more step and they are sitting at first table. Yet they complain. Why?

Executive Chef
    If the chairs are close enough to the register, a bot can come in, sit down, eat, and be on its way leaving its chair for a new customer before the rest of the bots have even made it past the register. I never bother with high-efficiency layouts myself, but the person who figured it out and posted it on the forum originally was, if I recall, an engineer. She/he once even put in a crazy mathematical explanation I didn’t understand a word of.

Keddy30103, maybe your later customers are momentarily unhappy while one of the first customers is finishing eating and clearing the table so the new customer can sit down? That's a total guess though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddy30103 View Post
    Ok, stupid question here please forgive me LOL but if only 19 tables/chairs how do you get 29 customers?

I just started using the T thing in bakery and restaurant. The money is coming in faster but they complain even if they choose table right at the door. It's like take one step thru the door and they are standing at the register. Then turn in place, one more step and they are sitting at first table. Yet they complain. Why?
    I get what you’re saying. Apparently they don’t like waiting too long at the register either. When your layout has the register further out, the customers walk right past the register and sit down to eat. Versus having the register right next to the door, the customer has to wait a few more seconds to take the order, then sits down. I’ve had both layouts. But i haven’t compared the two. Apparently the general consensus is that having the register right by the door is the most efficient layout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-12-21-10-09-34.jpg 
Views:	773 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	40947

Trying this layout. Lower section is just for looks.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 02-15-18 at 08:59 AM. Reason: enlarged picture

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    If the chairs are close enough to the register, a bot can come in, sit down, eat, and be on its way leaving its chair for a new customer before the rest of the bots have even made it past the register. I never bother with high-efficiency layouts myself, but the person who figured it out and posted it on the forum originally was, if I recall, an engineer. She/he once even put in a crazy mathematical explanation I didn’t understand a word of.

Keddy30103, maybe your later customers are momentarily unhappy while one of the first customers is finishing eating and clearing the table so the new customer can sit down? That's a total guess though.
    I found the original post you were talking about.. She's a mathematical genius!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ghlight=layout

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful