Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Glimmercracker Suite event and events in general

People complained when chapter 9 or 10 (or level 9 or 10 in non chapter book) events included gold. People were annoyed they worked so hard to just hit a roadblock. I’m thinking they’re listening and are being more up front with the need for it so people who aren’t yet at a level to participate don’t waste their resources.

Otherwise, what other option is there? Just... never require it? Then why have it in the game?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ch1ps View Post
    Me too...I?d love to work on some of these non timed quest...I?m still working on some from a year ago because of these timed events.
    Same here. I liked it before when events were monthly. Or at least have some easier events in between or something that requires longer collection times rather than dealing with excessive collections from rocks, ponds, farmhouses & the like. Anything that allows us time to play with our king (& queen)doms more. However, I do like the events as well, but I agree the constant back-to-back is overwhelming if not annoying & personally I dont care for most the decorations... including, sorry guys, the ballerina. :\ Although, I absolutely love the new dainty collection (i.e. castle, FH, spire & cottage). As for the rest, I'd prefer less recycles and more functional kingdom related items or at least related decorations. IMHO mermaids & the like dont really go with cows & farmhouses. But thats just me.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    The event is okay but like most players mentioned, the end goal we work so hard to achieve doesn't reward us with the proper prize. I liked the last two events and for me they had good drops apart from the fairy who once dropped coins and then a petal.

I do have to give it to S8 for incorporating items we often over stock on and don't use a lot but my biggest issue is the use of gold lately in everything. My apples are low. My nuggest non-existent and soon my eggs will be gone to and I'm a high level player. It sucks.

Another issue that really bothers me is the quickness between events. Phew, I barley get to breath and I'm tossed into another event. I'm broke in the game and I would love a few days break just to stock up and catch up with the mermaid event and add some moola to my coin pouch.

I'm currently playing because I like story book events but I'm hoping that the amount to upgrade higher isn't as taxing as the first two levels. I feel sorry for lower level players who can't even find that many golden eggs. I think its just to get players to invest money in the side specials which I never do because its way expensive in my country to even buy a value pack.

I remember the good old days where events weren't so close to each other but the rewards were A-FREAKING-AMAZING. You almost sweat blood to get the event finished but you knew you where rewarded with something so good and resourceful that you didn't mind doing such hard work.

I do applaud S8 for continuing forward and trying to give us enough events to keep us busy.

I just hope this story book won't tap me out completely on living wood. I'm already low. Again. And I hope some of the prize are worth the work.

Good luck to everyone playing
    100% YEEESSS!!! I could not of said this any better. I second literally everything you just said with regards to gold, quickness between events, costly value packs to which I have never bought, applauding S8 for creating more events and yet... absolutely the good ol' days with "a-freaking-mazing" prizes that we'd sweat blood (& money) happily to acquire. And yes, while S8 has certainly stepped it up on a number of accounts, I am disappointed with prizes especially drop rates (e.g. spent a good amt of gems on that silver stallion-cant recall name offhand-and received 2gems from him on 1st drop & then never again). Unfortunately, prize claims cant be relied upon anymore and so I finish if I do, but refuse to volunteer any more bodily fluids (i.e. sweat, blood, tears). Lol. In fact, like some others I may sit this one out. But it's good to know others recall similar experiences, thx for validating mine.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    The event is okay but like most players mentioned, the end goal we work so hard to achieve doesn't reward us with the proper prize. I liked the last two events and for me they had good drops apart from the fairy who once dropped coins and then a petal.

I do have to give it to S8 for incorporating items we often over stock on and don't use a lot but my biggest issue is the use of gold lately in everything. My apples are low. My nuggest non-existent and soon my eggs will be gone to and I'm a high level player. It sucks.

Another issue that really bothers me is the quickness between events. Phew, I barley get to breath and I'm tossed into another event. I'm broke in the game and I would love a few days break just to stock up and catch up with the mermaid event and add some moola to my coin pouch.

I'm currently playing because I like story book events but I'm hoping that the amount to upgrade higher isn't as taxing as the first two levels. I feel sorry for lower level players who can't even find that many golden eggs. I think its just to get players to invest money in the side specials which I never do because its way expensive in my country to even buy a value pack.

I remember the good old days where events weren't so close to each other but the rewards were A-FREAKING-AMAZING. You almost sweat blood to get the event finished but you knew you where rewarded with something so good and resourceful that you didn't mind doing such hard work.

I do applaud S8 for continuing forward and trying to give us enough events to keep us busy.

I just hope this story book won't tap me out completely on living wood. I'm already low. Again. And I hope some of the prize are worth the work.

Good luck to everyone playing
    Very nicely said! You nailed it! I totally agree !

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    People complained when chapter 9 or 10 (or level 9 or 10 in non chapter book) events included gold. People were annoyed they worked so hard to just hit a roadblock. I?m thinking they?re listening and are being more up front with the need for it so people who aren?t yet at a level to participate don?t waste their resources.

Otherwise, what other option is there? Just... never require it? Then why have it in the game?
    The other option is to have a lower requirement. 15 of any one gold item is a huge amount (at least at my level). I think it was much better done in the past two events. They also included a gold item requirement but in both cases you only needed one of the gold item to complete all the goals but you could spend more if you had spare and wanted to do the adventure multiple times. That allowed people who don't have many golden items to still participate and people who have a lot can use some of them up if they want.

In this event if the golden egg requirement was 6 or less, I would be able to participate but as it is, there's no way I'll get to 15 in time.

But I do agree that putting it early is good - it would have really sucked if I put a lot of effort in and then was confronted with needing 15 golden eggs to finish level 9 or 10. Having it at level 2 is definitely better (assuming that there isn't an even more difficult requirement waiting at level 9/10).

Also, semi-related, I like to participate in events even if I can't complete every goal and there's nothing I can do in this one. It looks like I can't even get to the side goals without going past the 15 golden egg requirement. (Maybe we just haven't discovered that yet though). In the last few events there was always something I could work towards even if I decided I wouldn't be able to finish everything. ie. Last event, if it had looked like I was not going to be able to complete everything I could have chosen to prioritise getting a tufkin or prioritise upgrading the ember throne (and getting the fairy and wyvern). As someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on the game, I don't expect to be able to complete every part of every event because I know they deliberately make the events hard because they want people to spend money but it is a bit annoying to be completely excluded. Even if I can't do the main event it be nice if there was some part of the event I could participate in.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

Another 10-day storybook event.
    Another blue faerie with a chance for common drops. (Petals, seeds, faeries murmur)
    Another beast to battle.
    Another 20-gem trap to lure the beast.
    More rocks to chop.
    Another building to level up that will probably go into storage.
    Another version of Pepe for a pet.
    Repeats in the Baron's Tent. Again.
    Xmas repeats in the Market (with the exception of the Penguin).

Hmphf... I had such high hopes for the Christmas holiday this year but except for the huge million dollar Baron statue, it just looks like a lot of the same ole, same ole to me, just dressed a little diff.

Bah! Humbug!

NWK, I could not agree more, even with meme.
    I'm at level 50 and I have not played for a year, I came back since October, I ended up with my "sinister sister" story, and I got Agni, but, visiting the neighbors, I discovered that Lumi has a twin, Neva!!! So same ol'stuff and same ol'chop chop chop and same ol'prizes that will die in the storage!!!
    (But there is ONE old thing that I miss a lot: the forum as it was in 2015, when I started playing CS ... I was level 4 or 5 and I lurked in the forum to read your posts (yours, those of meme, those of Chaotarch and those of Zelda - I miss Zelda so much), and there was a lot of fun, even in the timed events, and there was much freedom to criticize with humor TL or S8, and have more fun again, without see your post deleted...
    And I agree with meme about the absurd level of materials requested in this event, impossible to gain for a low level player...
    So, for now, I want to continue the story quest, make my realm beautiful and expand, and go on Adventures daily, so no Prima Ballerina for me. I'll reserve energy for my reign, my creatures and my flowers.
    And, lol, when I saw "Prima Ballerina" I tought she was... Olivia Newton Jones in "Grease", she has nothing of a classical dancer!!!
    Perhaps as prize on next timed event we will get Travolta/Nureiev 
    Sorry for my laments and for the huge post, it's only for to tell you and you all you are not alone!
    And, before S8 deletes my post I have to say that you have a so brilliant mind: Thuakie Sword Society and the rules are greats!!! I adore... and thank you all for the help you gave to us in the forum on the last events, quests etcetera... My regards & love
    Sara
    Last edited by saruccia1963; 12-16-17 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Ridondanze

Fashion Designer
    Need 15 stupid golden eggs have 5 3 days, countless collections from chickens energy wasted and still 5 gold eggs

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    It seems this event is also geared towards the speeders!
    It's nice to be able to get forward in events if you want to and having lots of energy and time to work hard at it does the job...usually,but now the speeders HAVE TO use more than usual? gems to get ahead!
    Its not enough to have invested money and time in the game to get to the point where it's easier.

Think it's around 540 gems to speed the chapters. Hmm
    Last edited by comeseecomesah; 12-17-17 at 05:32 PM.

PLEASE stop with these stationary Tinkerbells and go back to the main story. There are so many incomplete threads including Agnes, and what is that structure in the lower right. Spend time on moving ahead with the original theme and intent.

I couldn't participate in this one due to the 15 golden eggs. What I liked about the BEGINNING of this was that you had to use items from inventory to advance... fancy blocks, living wood, etc. It made playing the game and collecting mean something. Then from what I've been reading in the forums, the goals went back to chop-chop-chop and wait for event-only items to drop, which will never have a meaning in the game again.

To me, this takes away the playability to spend so much effort on items you'll never see/use again.

These timed events are good for new players who want new items to place in their kingdoms, the problem is most new players can't complete the goals because they don't have enough energy. Therefore timed events are really geared towards level 35+ players, but we've been through this already and are kinda bored of the chop-chop-chop events.

I'd love to see a hide-and-seek event, where we have to collect from different buildings to find items or characters to advance. Please, no more event-only items to clog up our inventory!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast