Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Glimmercracker Suite event and events in general

Feedback on Glimmercracker Suite event and events in general

Anyone else wishing we did not have a timed event again so we could work on the mermaid quest or whatever quest you are on, without worrying about the timed quest?

On the plus side the ballerina is beautiful, and something very unique and different than any other guest we have had. I just hope between chapters we can work on others
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Ooooo a ballerina!!! So excited for something different.......
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    ........On the plus side the ballerina is beautiful, and something very unique and different than any other guest we have had.......

Another 10-day storybook event.
    Another blue faerie with a chance for common drops. (Petals, seeds, faeries murmur)
    Another beast to battle.
    Another 20-gem trap to lure the beast.
    More rocks to chop.
    Another building to level up that will probably go into storage.
    Another version of Pepe for a pet.
    Repeats in the Baron's Tent. Again.
    Xmas repeats in the Market (with the exception of the Penguin).

Hmphf... I had such high hopes for the Christmas holiday this year but except for the huge million dollar Baron statue, it just looks like a lot of the same ole, same ole to me, just dressed a little diff.

Bah! Humbug!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

Another 10-day storybook event.
    Another blue faerie with a chance for common drops. (Petals, seeds, faeries murmur)
    Another beast to battle.
    Another 20-gem trap to lure the beast.
    More rocks to chop.
    Another building to level up that will probably go into storage.
    Another version of Pepe for a pet.
    Repeats in the Baron's Tent. Again.
    Xmas repeats in the Market (with the exception of the Penguin).

Hmphf... I had such high hopes for the Christmas holiday this year but except for the huge million dollar Baron statue, it just looks like a lot of the same ole, same ole to me, just dressed a little diff.

Bah! Humbug!
    I may pass on this one, still deciding. Worked hard on the last two events and the drops from the ?grand? prizes are HUGELY disappointing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I may pass on this one, still deciding. Worked hard on the last two events and the drops from the ?grand? prizes are HUGELY disappointing.
    It definitely seems like prizes lately have been more about how pretty the graphics are vs how good the drops are. Why can't we have both?!?!?

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the info on the event everyone. The requirements seals my decision to not participate, in addition to me not wanting another Pepe like pet. Not wanting another fairy/fairylike figure and not liking storybook events.

Was hoping for a Christmas event with seasonal deco, clearly we won't get any. Disappointed.
    🦄💔
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the inventory limit on decorations!

Get rid of the back-to-back timed events

Make Madam Makeda?s wagon sellable!!!

Rhino Keeper
    I am seriously considering to just skip this event altogether the requirements are to high, no event should ask for so many golden eggs(/nuggets/apples). And besides the last few event prizes' drops are disapointing

Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    I am seriously considering to just skip this event altogether the requirements are to high, no event should ask for so many golden eggs(/nuggets/apples). And besides the last few event prizes' drops are disapointing
    Yea...Level 2 requirements are really steep! 50 jewels, 99 wood, 99 ribbons, & 15 gold eggs.
    I guess S8 went completely over the top there to let all the players know this is not for lower level players ... not even some level 40 players will be able to participate, I imagine.
    And I'm with NW on this, it's the same ol' same ol' every update. Bust your behind to construct & level up a useless building, fight & tame a different color pet, chop, chop, chop. The same routine over & over again. It's just mind-numbing repetition now every update.
    I don't really see the fun here at all. Consequently, I'm most likely gonna abandon this one too before I throw away all those materials for a building that's going in storage right after it's level 10.

I guess I'll continue making those *gold* tridents out of silver ingots. Still wondering where the name gold comes from on those. 🤔
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by christinefourtounis View Post
    I try really hard at every event and finish most but this one I am sure I will not. I actually used ALL my living wood last night on story quests. It will take me days to build up 30 living wood. Plus, 15 golden eggs. Sure, just wait while I pull them out of my backside!
    So funny! For me the trick is to not take these events too seriously. I even have the golden peacocks from the MRC and their golden egg drop rate is almost like the regular chickens. What's up with that?
    Now I'm off to find out what the 80 lives are all about. I missed that somewhere.
    Meme, I think the golden tridents are thus called, because the lum essence gives them a golden glow giving them the appearance of gold. Yes, I have given this considerable thought. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    So funny! For me the trick is to not take these events too seriously. I even have the golden peacocks from the MRC and their golden egg drop rate is almost like the regular chickens. What's up with that?
    I agree. Plus, if we're to spend all this time and effort for another character or decoration, they should have GREAT drops. The 14-day Lumi/Agni one was great because the Wyverns drop energy which makes up for the fairy only dropping petals which we can get from dozens of other sources in the kingdom. If Lara has common drops I can get from other sources, I don't see the point in participating.

Executive Chef
    For those curious about Lara's drops, the post I made on page 7 also applies:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    For those wondering if Lara is a walker...
    Click the question mark on her picture in the event icon and see the back:
    Attachment 40771

She has drops, so she won't be a walker.
    A close-up of the image in case it doesn't transfer over in the quoted post:

Granted, this is only for Lara. It doesn't tell us what we'll get from the finished Theatre in the Round, the other ballerina pictured in the pop-up, the 2 different (but same-looking) Dressing Rooms in the Market or the 2 diff (but same-looking) Glimmercracker Nutcrackers.

PS. If Lara is a PRIMA Ballerina, then why aren't her toes en pointe????!!!... what freaking ballerina dances like she's at a ho-down with her foot turned up like that!? JEEZ, LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	40817

PPS. AAAAANNNNNDDD.... why isn't her hair up in a bun..and where the heck is her TU-TU!?! LMAO
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 12-15-17 at 09:08 AM. Reason: PS & add a pic of Ho-down Lara, lol..& PPS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast