Thread: Updated iOS Version - I Have To Ask

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Updated iOS Version - I Have To Ask

Does this version force me to link my account to the GameCenter? If so, I will avoid it like the plague, just as I do with the 1.8.0 version of RS.

As I said before, I cross-platform (from iOS to Android and back) too much for my accounts to be shackled to the GameCenter.

Fashion Designer
    I'm curious about what the update entails, too, before I update.

I have my account link to Game Center anyways, I just get a small banner saying I’m logged in and that’s it. I only own an iOS so that didn’t even answer your question, sorry!
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    No problem, Sebsmommy15. Hopefully, one of the mods will be able to answer this.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ST4CoolGames View Post
    Does this version force me to link my account to the GameCenter? If so, I will avoid it like the plague, just as I do with the 1.8.0 version of RS.

As I said before, I cross-platform (from iOS to Android and back) too much for my accounts to be shackled to the GameCenter.
    I play on an iOS device. I updated the game and I am not having any problems. It opens as it always has and the game play is the same. Hope this info helps.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I'm going to experiment, using my iPad Mini on one of my other accounts. Let's see what happens.

Edit: Okay. Looks like everything works the way I want it to work. I can still cross-platform and not lose my progress. And I'm not forced to connect to the GC. Wonderful!

I did learn that all I had to do was check the version history in the App Store. Feeling a little silly now And I'm also running version 1.7.7 of RS. Version 1.7.8 is when the "wheels came off" for me in RS.
    Last edited by ST4CoolGames; 12-16-17 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added results of experiment and other info