Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tournament. Borealis 42 Rounds

Banned
    I concur. Using high level (like 14 and 15) champs or any dragon against opponents less than level 6 can result in early losses (remember the disposable Fire strategy against champs, it can work in reverse). Some people I've seen use the same dragon throughout most tourneys which I don't think is a good idea either because there are others that would be more effective.
    For me I use color advantages when choosing dragons and never go on a whim or whatever dragon I feel like using. This is how I win tourneys on a fast pace and haven't lost out on a tourney since early 2015. Sometimes when facing champions I look at the color of the dragon itself and and use a dragon that would beat that color just for fun.
    Last edited by skyharbor602; 12-16-17 at 09:54 PM.

Banned
    Totally agree skyharbor602 also use colours and try to keep champions use to a minimum. I must admit though I used to used maybe 2 champions and a diamond but there wasn’t any challenge in that. Try now to use level 15s to only a few.

Rhino Keeper
    An entire day on Highlander....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kimandamelia View Post
    Me too ... and I'm still stuck... Diamond 15 (twice), Infinity 10, Achilles 15, Pyramid 13, Fire 15, Forest 15, Fire 7, Fire 1, Metal 13 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    Me too ... and I'm still stuck... Diamond 15 (twice), Infinity 10, Achilles 15, Pyramid 13, Fire 15, Forest 15, Fire 7, Fire 1, Metal 13 ....
    Try with fire lvl 10,i win with that dragon

Farm Supplier
    Took down Highland with Metal 15 (B)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak1357 View Post
    Tried Metal 3 times, Fire 3 times, and about 10 others so far... still stuck... funny thing if this wasn't a tournament, Fire would have won 1st try....

Fashion Designer
    Just took down Highland with Topaz 8

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by t99a77n View Post
    Try with fire lvl 10,i win with that dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak1357 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I tried both Metal 13 and Diamond 15 again plus Quetzal 1, Fire 1, Fire 1, Topaz 4 ... and still losing.

What's interesting is prior to Tombstone I based my choices on color types & odds, not opponent level. For example in Tombstone I used Polynesian 14 against Jack O' 1.

After Tombstone I made two changes. I played lower level dragons and tried to add more variety in my line-up. I'm sure the answer is much more complicated (at least for me) but I haven't completed a tournament since Tombstone.

Farm Supplier
    Can give a try with metal hybrids too... last tournament I took down Valiant with golden dragon (metal/ yellow) didn't have diamond at that time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast