Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing baked candy canes

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    The new Candy Cane recipes have been fixed, you should see them back on your oven.
    If you do not see them, please restart your device/force close and reopen the game.

The original Candy Cane was correctly removed as previous.
    Thanks for the news kooky. Are they back for good or will they disappear/expire again?
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Does everyone have the goals for the different flavored candy canes? I see them in the Candy Cane Oven but don’t have the goals for them; I only have the goals for the Blue Gift Oven. If there are Candy Cane goals, when do they end?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo5216 View Post
    Does everyone have the goals for the different flavored candy canes? I see them in the Candy Cane Oven but don’t have the goals for them; I only have the goals for the Blue Gift Oven. If there are Candy Cane goals, when do they end?

They ended two days ago I think? It was only a 5 day goal
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Wow, that was short - thanks.

Re
    Last edited by sadieroo24; 11-13-21 at 08:21 PM.

okay, guys...

"original" candy canes were not a regular part of candy cane maker.

this appliance was released in december 2011 and had ONLY Candy Cane Cake (2hrs).
    (and this cake was initially goal locked, btw! - thanks to kianetruefaux for recalling that)

"original" Candy Canes were added in february 2012 together with LIMITED / SEASONAL stuff for v'day, and were removed respectively after about month or so - this is how it looked for me, and thanks again to kianetruefaux, apparently they were back for the rest of the year 2012, and then removed for good.

during couple of past years candy canes were re-listed in this appliance +/- in same season as they were first released, as LIMITED / SEASONAL.

so, please, let's just sit and wait for february.
    mayby smth will happen to them again.
    maybe not.
    but they were never meant to stay.
    just deal with it
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 12-16-17 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    okay, guys...

"original" candy canes NEVER were a regular part of candy cane maker.

this appliance was released in december 2011 and had ONLY Candy Cane Cake (2hrs).

"original" Candy Canes were added in february 2012 as LIMITED / SEASONAL recipe, and were removed respectively after about month or less.

during couple of past years candy canes were re-listed in this appliance +/- in same season as they were first released, again, as LIMITED / SEASONAL.

so, please, let's just sit and wait for february.
    mayby smth will happen to them again.
    maybe not.
    but they were never meant to stay.
    just deal with it
    lol um yes let's just deal with it. let's wait until february when this game shuts down or whenever, like the other story games. there was no timer on the recipe to indicate they were only back for five days. all our goal candy canes disappeared at the same time. if s8 didn't put them back -- should we also deal with it?

if they want to remove them like the other limited time recipes, fine. at least, LET US KNOW with a timer on the recipe as they used to do. we had five days to do the goal, four 9hr candy cane recipes and a whole lot more basic food for the goals. this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure.

it doesn't matter anyway. they let over a hundred staff go at the beginning of the year and now they can't even spell "delecious" on the current goals. that's not a bright future or a company who knows what they're doing. i was going to buy the biggest gem pack this christmas as a thank you/farewell. guess that's not happening. nice knowing everyone here & enjoy your game.

(and for goodness sake, mod, don't delete this post. i didn't say anything that oversteps any line. i just want to be heard as a very long time PAYING customer of this game who's put up with everything else all this while.)

Quote Originally Posted by kianetruefaux View Post
    lol um yes let's just deal with it. let's wait until february when this game shuts down or whenever, like the other story games. there was no timer on the recipe to indicate they were only back for five days. all our goal candy canes disappeared at the same time. if s8 didn't put them back -- should we also deal with it?

if they want to remove them like the other limited time recipes, fine. at least, LET US KNOW with a timer on the recipe as they used to do. we had five days to do the goal, four 9hr candy cane recipes and a whole lot more basic food for the goals. this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure.
    in no way i told that we sd deal with "new" candy canes disappearance.
    it was obvious glitch / inadvertence - to remove them right together with "original" ones from appliance & the whole appliance from the market.
    and it must have been fixed.
    this claim was equitable, because we worked our goals to get those recipes.

however, i've never seen any timers on limited recipes (maybe android issue?).
    all i've seen, were announces they do kinda "grab one / cook them until they're gone" (like for limited recipes they've returned for running goals only).
    and i agree, that candy canes announce was not clear. it didn't say that the machine and one recipe in it are only returned for 5 days.
    (some of us suspected that, because "original" cc only appeared in feb during last years as i said, - but it does not mean that this fact must be default w/o alerts)

as to "this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure." - i also never objected that the "planning" / "schedule" of latest goals is not really "planning" but rather mess that doesn't match anything (see my comment in goal thread).

so, i'm not against ANY claims.
    i just think we cannot claim for initially limited content to be made regular.
    we can only claim for tasks to be "doable" / time to catch that content was appropriate.
    and we can claim for proper announcements to look like this:
    Spoiler: show
    Name:  BS2071213G1.png
Views: 148
Size:  47.8 KB
    and not like this:
    Name:  BS2071207G1.png
Views: 137
Size:  34.4 KB

ps: oh well, you are right, "it doesn't matter anyway". as we can see in our mod's signature, "support services currently limited for bs and rs", so it does not really matter are we claiming or not and what for: limited content, proper timing, literate spelling, etc... obviously, this is only for our communication / talks not for "to do list", unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    ...we can claim for proper announcements to look like this:
    Name:  BS2071213G1.png
Views: 148
Size:  47.8 KB
    and not like this:
    Name:  BS2071207G1.png
Views: 137
Size:  34.4 KB
    those two images you shared says it all, really. s8 can claim whatever they want about original candy canes being a limited time offer but that announcement clearly did not indicate any such thing. "candy canes have returned" sounds like they've returned the candy canes to the game. "make sure to also check out the new limited timed goals" sounds like, in addition to the return of the candy canes, you can participate in the goals which is on limited time (5 days.) whatever; s8 can keep their precious candy canes which according to them is supposed to be a february festive/seasonal recipe on a candy cane maker? lol yah okay. some users called this fraud, which, like the infamous gem traps, they are.

i'm familiar and agree with your past comments. i know you know how this game works. and the history of its "glitches". it's noble of you to "roll with the punches". for this one time, though, i wanted to voice that what they did is unacceptable.

--

here is the timer on the recipe. it doesn't show on android, i guess.

--

also, you're mistaken on the history/timeline of the candy cane maker (e.g. they were not removed a month after being introduced as a new, additional recipe to an appliance) so, please, check your pm.
    Last edited by kianetruefaux; 12-15-17 at 06:38 AM.

first time ever i see this type of pic!

the only timers in bs/rs i ever had are those in market tab during sales.

well, android & ios differences between s8 games are also smth not really fair to this or that group of users.
    but this is completely different story... lol ))))

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast