Thread: Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Rhino Keeper

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

RE: Past Goal items that I have completed, went on sale, but are now no longer available for further purchase

Once the goals are completed, the goal items should show up on the market tab with the price tags above it, even after the goal expires so that we can buy more anytime we want to, right?

Ever since S8 had the layoff, some of the goal items went on sale but after the sale ended, they no longer have the price tag above the items. So I can't purchase them again. And also, since I'm using an Apple device, I can't purchase more like how I can with wallpaper and floor tiles. I know for Android it's the other way around but that's not the main point.

I'll give an example to make it easier.

I completed the Valentine's Day 2016 Goals last year. I have all the prizes. They all have price tags above them in the market tab.

This year, they had the same items on sale. The sweetheart basket, v-day bouquet, the sweetheart cafe, sweetheart wallpaper and tiles. I have all these items already. Ok, no need to buy more. I tried finding the thread about these items going on sale but I can't. I'm pretty sure they popped up again this year in a sale.

As soon as the sale ended, I noticed they no longer have the price tags above them, just like how we purchase LTOs or crate/box prizes. The same thing happened to the December 2016 Christmas goals. The Holiday Living Room, Yule Log Fireplace, Holiday Piano used to have price tags above them. Ever since they went on sale, they no longer have price tags.

I completed the goals. I should have access to my goal items to purchase them whenever I wish to, even if they are no longer available for other players who didn't complete the goal, isn't it?

Funny enough, this also applies to Table of Romance and I'm pretty sure this was one of the normal items because I bought this when I first started playing about a year plus ago. Once it went on sale and then after it expired, it no longer has a price tag on it. WHY? As an item that's normally available on the market, it should revert back to the original price.

What I would like to know is that, are other players also experiencing this and it's normal for goal items to have price tags disappear after they were on sale, or is it just my device? I'd greatly appreciate any input on this..

Thank you.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    RE: Past Goal items that I have completed, went on sale, but are now no longer available for further purchase

Once the goals are completed, the goal items should show up on the market tab with the price tags above it, even after the goal expires so that we can buy more anytime we want to, right?

Ever since S8 had the layoff, some of the goal items went on sale but after the sale ended, they no longer have the price tag above the items. So I can't purchase them again. And also, since I'm using an Apple device, I can't purchase more like how I can with wallpaper and floor tiles. I know for Android it's the other way around but that's not the main point.

I'll give an example to make it easier.

I completed the Valentine's Day 2016 Goals last year. I have all the prizes. They all have price tags above them in the market tab.

This year, they had the same items on sale. The sweetheart basket, v-day bouquet, the sweetheart cafe, sweetheart wallpaper and tiles. I have all these items already. Ok, no need to buy more. I tried finding the thread about these items going on sale but I can't. I'm pretty sure they popped up again this year in a sale.

As soon as the sale ended, I noticed they no longer have the price tags above them, just like how we purchase LTOs or crate/box prizes. The same thing happened to the December 2016 Christmas goals. The Holiday Living Room, Yule Log Fireplace, Holiday Piano used to have price tags above them. Ever since they went on sale, they no longer have price tags.

I completed the goals. I should have access to my goal items to purchase them whenever I wish to, even if they are no longer available for other players who didn't complete the goal, isn't it?

Funny enough, this also applies to Table of Romance and I'm pretty sure this was one of the normal items because I bought this when I first started playing about a year plus ago. Once it went on sale and then after it expired, it no longer has a price tag on it. WHY? As an item that's normally available on the market, it should revert back to the original price.

What I would like to know is that, are other players also experiencing this and it's normal for goal items to have price tags disappear after they were on sale, or is it just my device? I'd greatly appreciate any input on this..

Thank you.
    Not side goal prizes or prizes from the 5 day goals. We get one of each and one only. Prizes from the regular 15 day goals are the ones you can buy multiples of
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Rhino Keeper
    The Valentine goals and Christmas goals were from last year and they were the Long term goals. Not the short 5 day goals or side goals. They were before when all these side goals or short goals started appearing. I did mention that I had the opportunity to purchase them again after the goal ended. It’s just that when they appeared again for sale sometime this year, they are no longer available to me once the sale ended.

I understand what you’re saying and I do know that the short goals items are no longer available for purchase once I’ve attained them. I was talking about the Long term goals prizes which used to be available to me, but once they were offered in the sale, they are no longer available when the sale ended. Thanks
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post

First of all, it's not just your device (Apple). I'm on Android and it's the same for me too. Further purchases of V-Day and Xmas 2016 goal items are no longer possible in the inventory tab, even after completion of those goals.

Am not sure why myself, but I have noticed that some seasonal items do not tend to linger in the market for further purchase after a period of time. Just have to be aware so that players can mass buy their favourite seasonal items (just in case!) for later placement in their restaurants.

The Table of Romance was originally from a V-Day goal in 2013. It stayed in the market for a while after that but then the option for further purchase was later removed.

Sometimes S8 re-release these seasonal items during those LTO sales, but as to why/which/when, nobody knows but them.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbun23 View Post
    First of all, it's not just your device (Apple). I'm on Android and it's the same for me too. Further purchases of V-Day and Xmas 2016 goal items are no longer possible in the inventory tab, even after completion of those goals.

Am not sure why myself, but I have noticed that some seasonal items do not tend to linger in the market for further purchase after a period of time. Just have to be aware so that players can mass buy their favourite seasonal items (just in case!) for later placement in their restaurants.

The Table of Romance was originally from a V-Day goal in 2013. It stayed in the market for a while after that but then the option for further purchase was later removed.

Sometimes S8 re-release these seasonal items during those LTO sales, but as to why/which/when, nobody knows but them.
    Thank you, so glad to know I'm not the only one! It's not fair of S8 to take away our option of purchasing more when we did complete the goals. They might have messed up their algorithm when they removed the goal items from sales, and in the process removed our option to purchase more too. It's such a nasty surprise. I hope they fix this! Please S8! It's really not fair!