View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of This Goal?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Enjoyed This Goal

76 28.36%
  • I Didn't Enjoy This Goal

96 35.82%
  • I Didn't Participate

2 0.75%
  • I Liked The New Recipes

134 50.00%
  • I Disliked The New Recipes

16 5.97%
  • I Liked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

117 43.66%
  • I Disliked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

12 4.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Fine

23 8.58%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Short

213 79.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Long

6 2.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Cane Goal 12/7 [POLL ADDED]

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I agree, as I agree with all the other criticisms. The pressure is increasing with each successive short goal (which will be immediately followed by a "long" goal. The fun is gone, as is the ability for even mid-level players to participate.
    I introduced a friend to the game 3 months ago. She has caught on quickly, is now level 55, and has 30 excellent neighbors. Each time a goal appears, I must say to her "Don't try it. You'll lose money and probably won't be able to finish it." She has yet to do a goal...what fun is that?
    In 6 years of playing, I have never seen things sink to this level of absurdity.
    I am able to finish every normal two-week goal since I hit one of the early 40 levels (level 48 now). Sometimes I can even finish the side goal. I only build like 3-4 appliances for each step so you don't even need to be a higher level to finish the main goal. I think it is worth her trying still.

I don't mind a little challenge, but I dislike this particular 5-day goal since the total cook time of all the recipes is many times greater than the time of the goal. Realistically one can only build 1.5 ovens per day with perfect neighbors, unless they had a stash of applicable parts beforehand.

Farm Supplier
    Seems like their goal/quest times are getting shorter and shorter. Next we'll be lucky if we get a day or two. In this current event let's say we unlock all the recipes will they go away like the reg candy cane does?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    By far I am able to complete each 5 day goal within 3-4 days using 6 ovens.
    I think the key is to have neighbor who think ahead and gift seasonal or common parts before the actual goal.
    It's not easy to guess which part will be required but if you accept all then you don't start from scratch when the goal starts.
    I always accept parts, but its like you say you don't know which part u require... So far i have 4 candy cane ovens, that is not enough especially with goal 4 , i'm at 3 now. I'll try to complete but i doubt i'll make it in time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by isa6jala3 View Post
    I always accept parts, but its like you say you don't know which part u require... So far i have 4 candy cane ovens, that is not enough especially with goal 4 , i'm at 3 now. I'll try to complete but i doubt i'll make it in time.
    Part 3 and 4 should take 3 full day + 4 hours to complete with 4 candy cane ovens and we still have 4 day on our timer.
    You still have a good chance of making it!

Fashion Designer

ғαвυℓσυs

Fashion Designer

ғαвυℓσυs

Fashion Designer
    Well I didn't see this thread before so I was being posting somewhere else... Whooppz!
    ғαвυℓσυs

Rhino Keeper
    Part 3 and 4 should take 3 full day + 4 hours to complete with 4 candy cane ovens and we still have 4 day on our timer.
    Thank you, it seems like i a have a change ^_^ tonight the purple ones are ready. Then i need 8 candy canes. Just got my 5th oven so tommorow morning 5 of 8 will be ready, i don't know exactly when the goal started. I live in Europe, sometimes i see new goal in the morning, while it started the night before. Well i Just keep on baking

Host(ess)
    I already have 4 candy cane makers & still building more...I'm overlapping by making more candy canes ahead of time, just to reduce the insanity of this goal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kundaliniKali View Post
    Actually what they're doing is very smart. It is incredibly greedy and unfair, but they certainly aren't stupid or crazy. Clearly they hold lovers of the game in abject contempt by coming up with a goal that seems utterly impossible to complete without gems even if you play 24/7 and have lots of cash and neighbours. If it's not completely impossible it's certainly highly improbable, but if anyone manages to complete this without using gems please let me know.
    I would say Storm8 couldn't care less about players and would go as far as calling them morally bankrupt, but they certainly haven't fallen on their heads that's for sure.
    Before anyone says 'why do you play if you feel that way?', I love this game and I've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into it - I just want a fair game with players not being milked like cash cows. Yes I could choose not to do the goal - but I shouldn't have to abstain from it and miss the prize just because Storm8 are being unfair. No-one should have to. It's wrong to put players in the position where the only way you can complete goals is to spend gems.
    Anyway, now that I've vented my frustration at players being treated unfairly, I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the snarky comments (or for this post to be removed).
    I agree with everything you've said.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast