View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of This Goal?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Enjoyed This Goal

76 28.36%
  • I Didn't Enjoy This Goal

96 35.82%
  • I Didn't Participate

2 0.75%
  • I Liked The New Recipes

134 50.00%
  • I Disliked The New Recipes

16 5.97%
  • I Liked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

117 43.66%
  • I Disliked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

12 4.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Fine

23 8.58%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Short

213 79.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Long

6 2.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Cane Goal 12/7 [POLL ADDED]

Quote Originally Posted by kundaliniKali View Post
    Actually what they're doing is very smart. It is incredibly greedy and unfair, but they certainly aren't stupid or crazy. Clearly they hold lovers of the game in abject contempt by coming up with a goal that seems utterly impossible to complete without gems even if you play 24/7 and have lots of cash and neighbours. If it's not completely impossible it's certainly highly improbable, but if anyone manages to complete this without using gems please let me know.
    I would say Storm8 couldn't care less about players and would go as far as calling them morally bankrupt, but they certainly haven't fallen on their heads that's for sure.
    Before anyone says 'why do you play if you feel that way?', I love this game and I've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into it - I just want a fair game with players not being milked like cash cows. Yes I could choose not to do the goal - but I shouldn't have to abstain from it and miss the prize just because Storm8 are being unfair. No-one should have to. It's wrong to put players in the position where the only way you can complete goals is to spend gems.
    Anyway, now that I've vented my frustration at players being treated unfairly, I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the snarky comments (or for this post to be removed).
    well, i'm not sure if any company wd do that if they feel good )) so, i don't blame much, just trying to calculate as much as possible.

and think i wdnt need gems. i had 4 makers, bought 2 more to get in time, calculated how to do it, and put machines for different goals to diff. places, so i avoid serving before next goal pops up. i know this is boring, but it shows i can actually do this in 4 days:

Spoiler: show
    prep srv
    day 1 morning 4 berry flan (for #1 / 4hr)
    4 choco shake (for #1 / 8hr)
    4 normal cc (for #1 / 9hr)
    2 normal cc (for #2 / 9hr)
    2 choco tart (for #2 / 22hr)

noon 4 berry flan #1
    2 hot choco (for #3 / 16hr)

evening 4 choco shake #1
    2 normal cc end #1

4 normal cc #2
    4 apple cc (for #2 / 9hr)
    2 normal cc (for #3 / 9hr)

day2 morning 2 choco tart #2
    4 apple cc end #2

2 hot choco #3
    2 normal cc #3
    6 normal cc (for #3 / 9hr)

evening 6 normal cc #3
    4 grape cc (for #3 / 9hr)
    2 normal cc (for #4 / 9hr)
    2 egg nogg (for #4 / 8hr)

day3 morning 4 grape cc end #3

2 normal cc #4
    2 egg nogg #4
    6 normal cc (9hr)

evening 6 normal cc
    6 normal cc (9hr)

day4 morning 6 normal cc
    2 normal cc (9hr)
    4 root beer cc (9hr)

evening 2 normal cc
    4 root beer cc
    5 cc cake (2hr)
    5 cc cake end#4

total / check 61 61

just good to have one safe day for good order sake.
    think i cd even do this with 5 makers only, but it wd be too risky (and not so handly to count, lol )))

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    well, i'm not sure if any company wd do that if they feel good )) so, i don't blame much, just trying to calculate as much as possible.

and think i wdnt need gems. i had 4 makers, bought 2 more to get in time, calculated how to do it, and put machines for different goals to diff. places, so i avoid serving before next goal pops up. i know this is boring, but it shows i can actually do this in 4 days:

prep srv

noon 4 berry flan #1

evening 4 choco shake #1
    2 normal cc end #1

4 normal cc #2

4 apple cc end #2

2 hot choco #3
    2 normal cc #3

evening 6 normal cc #3

2 normal cc #4
    2 egg nogg #4
    6 normal cc (9hr)

evening 6 normal cc
    6 normal cc (9hr)

day4 morning 6 normal cc
    2 normal cc (9hr)
    4 root beer cc (9hr)

evening 2 normal cc
    4 root beer cc
    5 cc cake (2hr)
    5 cc cake end#4

total / check 61 61

think i cd even do this with 5 makers only, but it wd be too risky (and not so handly to count, lol )))
    Cooking the long recipes in advanced is smart. I started my chocolate tarts and hot chocolate last night and early this morning and since they are longer recipes I know they won’t expire right away if not served. Forever ovens and drink mixers are perfect for these type of goals so u can make them in advance and not have to worry
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    Cooking the long recipes in advanced is smart. I started my chocolate tarts and hot chocolate last night and early this morning and since they are longer recipes I know they won’t expire right away if not served. Forever ovens and drink mixers are perfect for these type of goals so u can make them in advance and not have to worry
    aahh, don't remind me of forever ovens! ))) i was too greedy to buy some when the company was good and i got gems each week for "download this and that, reach level here and there"... i was spending them on decor, i don't even have add slots on top of free 18!
    but now when only mastering gives me a few, nothing to talk about that ((
    i still don't have those "videos for gems"...
    however, i recently installed basic version that had been updated in october, and found i finally have at least 2hrs cooking boost videos!
    not sure how many i can get per day, anyhow wd be also helpful if i'll spoil smth out of above planned and running out of timer, lol ))))

aahh, don't remind me of forever ovens! ))) i was too greedy to buy some when the company was good and i got gems each week for "download this and that, reach level here and there"... i was spending them on decor... but now when only mastering gives me a few, nothing to talk about that ((
    i still don't have those "videos for gems"...
    however, i recently installed basic version that had been updated in october, and found i finally have at least 2hrs cooking boost videos!
    not sure how many i can get per day, anyhow wd be also helpful if i'll spoil smth out of above planned and running out of timer, lol ))))

I have that boost too I believe it’s 2 videos a day and unfortunately can’t be used on the ovens that are part of current goals
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

prep srv

noon 4 berry flan #1

evening 4 choco shake #1
    2 normal cc end #1

4 normal cc #2

4 apple cc end #2

2 hot choco #3
    2 normal cc #3

evening 6 normal cc #3

2 normal cc #4
    2 egg nogg #4
    6 normal cc (9hr)

evening 6 normal cc
    6 normal cc (9hr)

day4 morning 6 normal cc
    2 normal cc (9hr)
    4 root beer cc (9hr)

evening 2 normal cc
    4 root beer cc
    5 cc cake (2hr)
    5 cc cake end#4

total / check 61 61

OK, fair enough - you've proven it can actually be done with a great deal of forward planning, mathematical calculations, and some candy cane makers and parts already in stock (or enough neighbours to get them from), but the vast majority of players are just not going to be able to attain this goal without gems- especially ones who aren't at a really high level, and I don't think that's fair. I think all players should have a chance.
    Props to you though - I posed the question 'is it even possible?', and you worked it out and gave me an answer! While I'm still not happy about this goal I have to admire your thoroughness and dedication!
    I'm glad I'm a high level and not just starting out in this game - I feel sorry for those that are who are going to miss out on that sweeeeeeeet candy cane fountain, for it truly is a thing of beauty!

OK, fair enough - you've proven it can actually be done with a great deal of forward planning, mathematical calculations, and some candy cane makers and parts already in stock (or enough neighbours to get them from), but the vast majority of players are just not going to be able to attain this goal without gems- especially ones who aren't at a really high level, and I don't think that's fair. I think all players should have a chance.
    Props to you though - I posed the question 'is it even possible?', and you worked it out and gave me an answer! While I'm still not happy about this goal I have to admire your thoroughness and dedication!
    I'm glad I'm a high level and not just starting out in this game - I feel sorry for those that are who are going to miss out on that sweeeeeeeet candy cane fountain, for it truly is a thing of beauty!
    ah, no, sorry )) don't get me wrong, i did this right in the morning when i saw required figures my neighbor posted, and all 9hrs recipes.
    i understood that mine 4 won't be enough, and didn't want to "overbuild", so i had to count a bit.
    but about newbies - absolutely no objections
    i have no idea how wd they do that.
    each maker needs 30 parts, which means (with perfect neighbors) max 3 ovens can be built during 2 days (!) (if no parts in inventory).
    nothing to talk that i don't know how many of us players visit this forum and/or have wonderful nbrs doing goals fast and sharing info.
    at least we - CAN plan smth. imagin you finished something - and see that apparently you need 22 more hrs to cook... - no, these goals are not workable.
    i hope they will get better soon and let us get our normal 4 weeks goals back...

Farm Supplier
    Actually what they're doing is very smart. It is incredibly greedy and unfair, but they certainly aren't stupid or crazy. Clearly they hold lovers of the game in abject contempt by coming up with a goal that seems utterly impossible to complete without gems even if you play 24/7 and have lots of cash and neighbours. If it's not completely impossible it's certainly highly improbable, but if anyone manages to complete this without using gems please let me know.
    I would say Storm8 couldn't care less about players and would go as far as calling them morally bankrupt, but they certainly haven't fallen on their heads that's for sure.
    Before anyone says 'why do you play if you feel that way?', I love this game and I've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into it - I just want a fair game with players not being milked like cash cows. Yes I could choose not to do the goal - but I shouldn't have to abstain from it and miss the prize just because Storm8 are being unfair. No-one should have to. It's wrong to put players in the position where the only way you can complete goals is to spend gems.
    Anyway, now that I've vented my frustration at players being treated unfairly, I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the snarky comments (or for this post to be removed).
    I have played this game since the beginning and have spent quite a lot of money on it, I lost my first bakery, but am lvl 99 again. The way they treat their players makes me stop buying gems. Beside that, I think the game is coming to an end and I think they try to get as much money possible out of their players before they pull the plug.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by 167nicolea View Post
    Are you serious??? Did they all fall on their head at storm8? This is impossible in 5 days. I only have parts for one candy cane maker atm and it will take me days to get so many candy cane makers :S
    I agree with you on this one, five days seems very unlikely to complete this goal... if you just have one candy cane maker. You need to build six or ten of those makers to complete parts three and four of this goal.

I have played this game since the beginning and have spent quite a lot of money on it, I lost my first bakery, but am lvl 99 again. The way they treat their players makes me stop buying gems. Beside that, I think the game is coming to an end and I think they try to get as much money possible out of their players before they pull the plug.
    it's so sad, but this is exactly how i feel about this recent "quickgoal-extraquickgoal-quickgoal-extraq..." blabla - kinda "last day on earth" ((( don't even wanna think about how it wd be when it ends, i got soooo used to these game during 4+ yrs! ((

Fashion Designer
    I've thought that, too. Either it's being run by terrible businesspeople or it's a "Get what we can NOW, before the end" kind of thing. Either way, it doesn't bode well.

I wish they'd just run the game in a way that is good for customers & makes money. It's not that hard. I don't know why they don't.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast