View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of This Goal?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Enjoyed This Goal

76 28.36%
  • I Didn't Enjoy This Goal

96 35.82%
  • I Didn't Participate

2 0.75%
  • I Liked The New Recipes

134 50.00%
  • I Disliked The New Recipes

16 5.97%
  • I Liked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

117 43.66%
  • I Disliked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

12 4.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Fine

23 8.58%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Short

213 79.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Long

6 2.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Cane Goal 12/7 [POLL ADDED]

Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I agree with this, they completely abandoned quite a few of their games as far as updates and goals all they got was sad little sales during holidays. I think we need to be at the very least grateful that didn?t happen to BS or RS for those of us who play that as well
    yep, and i'm really grateful for this.
    nevertheless, for me as for common user the overall picture looks not very good.

you won't believe me, but during abt 2-3 yrs i've really played literally every "story" they've offered for me to play for gems.
    i've dropped any "3-in-line" type games, bingo, etc. as soon as required level reached, but i continued to play "story" type games.
    monsters, dragons, fashion, castle, farm, etc...
    it was nice and fun.

but when "the dark times" came, i've got a feeling that one games are abandoned in favor of enforcing other games, i.e. "massive attacks" with events started to **** the time, nerves and fun.

thus, one after one, i left farm 2, restaurant 2, castle story, fantasy story, and now almost left dragon story.
    because the schedule of events is getting tighter and tighter in each of these games. no rest, no break, no breath (lol)))).

the last standing are normal restaurant & bakery. but even here the schedules are not "human", and getting more & more strange in details (see above).
    (btw, sometimes i even play abandoned fashion, and bakery 2. it's so quiet there... lol)))))
    from the other side, for me as for former employee of a company once came to bankrupt line and then revived - it is understood that you have to take up and develop the projects bringing more "gems purchases", and to drop other ones just "over the board" in order your "la nave va"!
    that's why i'm whishing this company got finally well in next year.
    i loved so many games they offered, so i wish they became again strong enough to weaken back the requirements/events for their stronger games, and to support again their weaker games.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    but when "the dark times" came, i've got a feeling that one games are abandoned in favor of enforcing other games, i.e. "massive attacks" with events started to **** the time, nerves and fun.

thus, one after one, i left farm 2, restaurant 2, castle story, fantasy story, and now almost left dragon story.
    because the schedule of events is getting tighter and tighter in each of these games. no rest, no break, no breath (lol)))).

the last standing are normal restaurant & bakery. but even here the schedules are not "human", and getting more & more strange in details (see above).
    I agree. I used to play a lot of the other games you mentioned but got tired of the rushing through events that I dialed back to play only bakery and restaurant because they were more leisurely paced, but now it?s getting challenging to play these as well with the five day goals. I may or may not finish the candy cane goal (not exactly sure what hour it started) since I tried it with ?only? five machines, although it doesn?t matter that much since I have the fountain already.

Executive Chef
    I just finished the goal on my main account, I had 5 of the ovens in storage and built 2 more since I have extra slots from back in the day when they were cheaper. I would have finished about 2 hours ago but was busy at work.

On my secondary account I have 6 ovens BUT I messed up and let the cakes spoil, I'm a little behind there - I'll need all the time I can get tomorrow, I still have 9 candy canes to go. On my sons account, it took just too long to build the ovens because he didn't have parts in storage. The process just takes too long with so many parts needed. I'm hoping I can get all of the candy canes unlocked but the final prize is out of reach.

You have to be very diligent with this one and plan it out well but it could be finished in 4 days IF you didn't have to request parts for the ovens.

My story is very similar to VanaCatu and rosewaterlily. I played other games, but dropped out for the same reasons. (In the case of City Story Metro, the company abandoned the game.)
    Now I only play RS and BS. I play one game from another company, and the differences are striking. There is very little pressure to spend "real money", the game is always new, and the graphics are amazing.
    I have stopped playing Bakery Story once, and am very close to doing so again. Having mastered every recipe on every appliance, I looked forward to the goals, but the current protocol of back-to-back, parts-heavy, shorter-than-is-comfortable goals is uncomfortable. As many people have said, it has become more like a job and less like fun. I'm retired...I don't want to work again!

Rhino Keeper
    I?ve been playing since 2010 and normally have at least 4 of the ovens already and i find these goals difficult to finish. I?m not complaining, i Still love getting new recipes on old ovens, the goals are just really hard to finish.

9 more hours until I’m done with this goal and get my lovely prize. I must admit i thought I wasn’t going to finish, I ran out of food every 5-9 hours xD
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Quote Originally Posted by cpebbles73 View Post
    Been working relentlessly, but I?m not getting the item needed fast enough, and the time limit is to short for everything you want made... NEED MORE TIME FOR ME AND EVERYONE ELSE
    Ain't gonna happen! They've never done that, and they never will.

I don't think I'm going to be able to finish because I have to cook 15 more candy Candy Canes. I'm glad some people finished it. Good job!

Fashion Designer
    People who don't read the forum may think that following the instructions in the goal will allow them to complete it. That would make sense. Then they'll run out of time because there is NO WAY to finish this goal by following the instructions. "Build one" - please!

I was able to finish because I had a bunch of coins & more than enough of two of the parts. If I'd had to rely on ONE appliance or if I'd had to ask for all the parts, I'd never have finished.

I get that Storm8 wants people to buy gems, but ticking people off isn't a good way to get them to spend money.

Hey, Storm8, when what you've been doing doesn't work, change! Do it better! More of a bad thing is NOT the way.

I thought the fountain looked really great, but it's too blue for me. Christmas isn't blue, guys.

Fashion Designer
    It's unlikely that they'll extend the goal time.