Thread: Deleting non players

New Resident

Deleting non players

Is there a way to delete neighbors that are no longer playing?

Rhino Keeper
    Yes. Go into Social, look at Neighbors- you should see a green EDIT button, which will let you manually remove neighbors. The difficulty is knowing who might still be active. I personally don?t visit much to get the social status (I?ve had times in life when I did, but no time for it anymore), so someone like myself might appear inactive. But if the neighbor has any highlighted eggs indicating they visit, it?s safe to say they are active.

There are a few other ways to deduce if they are active, but they take time. For one, you can inspect their island during a dragon tales event. If you look at their island towards the end of the event, where it auto starts for you, and you DONT see the dragon tales building, you know they've not logged on in 7 days or so. You can also make note of what dragons are hatching/breeding and if that's not changed when you revisit them a few days later, you also know they've not logged on.
    At least, that's how I do it. If anyone knows of a better way, please let me know!

New Resident
    Thanks for the info and advice☺

Nightclub Owner
    One more thought: some players such as myself never, ever check their wall so if you post a message and it goes unanswered, that's not confirmation that the player is inactive
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    I don't ever check my wall, so totally agree with amerirish's point.

To tell if someone is still playing, I look for a couple things- but it takes a few visits to be sure. When a nest or evo temple is done but not collected, it sparkles. On the nests, it's like the visitor sparkles on habitats. On the evo temples, the whole crystal sparkles (quite prettily and dramatically). If a neighbor has sparkly evos or sparkly nests for more than a week, I figure they aren't playing anymore. Cuz who doesn't collect their dragons, asap? No new eggs, at all, on the nests for a week or more is a sign, too. (no new eggs in a day doesn't necessarily mean anything because when someone is speed-breeding, the dens and nests look empty to visitors).

Also, during World Events, I look to see if they have the first, point-giving prize placed.

I don't delete the non-players very often since many folks periodically leave the game for a few months and then come back. But, I do keep a list of at least 20 neighbors who are definitely active so I know who to send Tales requests to.

Edit: Originally I said the finished dens sparkle. Just went to get some pics for illustration, and no dens were sparkling. I would have sworn, even under penalty, that they did?? Guess not... or maybe it was changed?? Anyhoo... I changed "dens" to "evo temples" above. And, while I was out, I also saw a few sparkly crafting shacks, too. Here's a pic of sparkly nest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	40605
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 12-08-17 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added correction and pic

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    One more thought: some players such as myself never, ever check their wall so if you post a message and it goes unanswered, that's not confirmation that the player is inactive
    Glad to know I'm not the only one

Farm Supplier
    I hadn't played for a couple of years and just got back into it so a way to find out which of my old neighbours were still active was to see if they responded to my requests for Mystic Maps. I kept track of who responded and if after a week, if I didn't see their name, I deleted them.