Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FORUM CONTEST: Valentine's Pet Design Contest *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    My Storm8 ID is AnnirasSweets and I have zero artistic ability but I'm always overflowing with ideas when it comes to Castle Story! I've never entered one of these contests before so hopefully I'm doing this right.

My creation is called the Truffle Alicorn. In addition to dropping the regular pink Alicorn drops, she also gives: chocolate, syrup, chocolate cake, royal sundaes or sweet feasts.

The basic idea is this: A pink Alicorn was filled with Valentine's Day spirit and set about making truffles for all the creatures of the realm. Being that she had no hands, it got way messy and now she's covered in chocolate and maybe sprinkles or other candies. Since her original plan to spread the love on Valentine's Day was a bust, she decided instead to distribute sweet items when the realm's ruler tapped on her instead.

As stated above, I have no artistic talents so I've simply colored the image in via paint as a child does a coloring book. Hopefully my ideas come through to fill in the details where my sorry painting has not.

Attachment 40968
    Congratulations to AnnirasSweets for entering and winning the Valentine's Day Pet contest!

Look forward to seeing her Alicorn in Castle Story next month!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    OH yay! Congratulations AnnirasSweets!

Congrats AnnirasSweets for winning the Valentines Contest. Great Job! Your talent shines through even though you don?t realize that it is
    there. Love Your Valentine Allcorn! 💕💘💕💝💕💘💞

Executive Chef
    Congrats to AnnirasSweets.. I love the idea of the Valentine Ali and do hope it does have the chocolate bar drops we use in our kitchen as this is very useful.

But add for S8 producers.. it was a pity 'all' players could not participate due to the extremely restrictive rules that were stated. The contest should have been offered to whoever plays CastleStory and has the game downloaded on their personal private device.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Congratulations to Annirasweets for a great Ali concept.

I doubt that S8 excluded players from other countries as a sleight to them. There are many rules and regulations governing contests and those rules vary from country to country, state to state. Even in the U. S., 3 states were excluded that have complex rules for contests. There would probably have been a lot of red tape to get through to offer the contest to all players. So it's understandable that not all players could participate.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Executive Chef
    thanks Katt for pointing out.. yes, it's understandable.
    but as I said.. "it was a pity"
    red tape exists all over the world, not only in US.. but.. it would have been 'nice' if no one was excluded.
    it's just my way of thinking as CS as 'one people' even though worldwide.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for the congrats, everyone. While I was the only entry, I'm still happy to see people liked my idea.

HagyPagy made a good point about my title. I completely forgot about the regular Truffles that drop in the game. Total brain blip. Perhaps I should have called it the Chocolate Truffle Alicorn? I suppose the name doesn't matter in the long run, so long as my concept was understood. I'll admit I was unsure if I should post my idea since even my stick figures are sad but I figured why not. Like I said, I'm full of ideas for this game (an entire folder on my desktop) and was glad for a chance to share them.

I'm happy I did post this because I would love to see everyone get a new Alicorn for their kingdoms. My only regret is that more people didn't enter, I would've loved to see everyone's ideas for the game. Super excited to see how S8 will incorporate my idea and what story they will use. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever they choose to do because who doesn't love an Ali?

Fashion Designer
    Let's hope that S8 will actually allow us to acquire more alis.... the Baron's tent has been dismal lately so I am not keeping my hopes up. Congrats to AnnirasSweets though, maybe your design will force their hand.
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    So the SweetTooth Ali (which was apparently the winning design) is nothing like the Chocolate Truffle Ali.
    It's animation is horrible! (Is that really 3cupcakes on his butt?!?)
    Especially after AnnirasSweets design concept was so amazing.
    And no mention of it dropping Sweet Feasts or Chocolate Sundaes.
    And for 400gems!

How did Storm8 make something so great go so wrong??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    I doubt that S8 excluded players from other countries as a sleight to them. There are many rules and regulations governing contests and those rules vary from country to country, state to state. Even in the U. S., 3 states were excluded that have complex rules for contests. There would probably have been a lot of red tape to get through to offer the contest to all players. So it's understandable that not all players could participate.
    Also in regards to this ... A lot of countries competition restrictions only apply when real money is involved somehow.
    Either in paying to enter the competition, or buying products to compete , or if there is cash money prizes.
    None of this applies to this competition.

It was merely a design contest , and so should've been open to everyone worldwide.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast