Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FORUM CONTEST: Valentine's Pet Design Contest *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    So the SweetTooth Ali (which was apparently the winning design) is nothing like the Chocolate Truffle Ali.
    It's animation is horrible! (Is that really 3cupcakes on his butt?!?)
    Especially after AnnirasSweets design concept was so amazing.
    And no mention of it dropping Sweet Feasts or Chocolate Sundaes.
    And for 400gems!

How did Storm8 make something so great go so wrong??
    Yeah I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I saw it. It?s nothing like the design. And the cupcakes are disturbing. And I don?t understand why there was a caveat in the rules that the animal chosen had nothing to do with its drops yet the alicorn is dropping (surprise!) energy. Yet we don?t even know how much energy. Is it a daily Ali? Is it a weekly Ali? What?s its max energy? Is it worth 400 (!!!!!!) gems. No one knows!

Rhino Keeper
    Congrats!!! I hope S8 offers more design contests in the future I know there weren't a lot of entries this time (for me the issue was timing being right before the holidays) but I would love to see other players ideas for in game characters coming to life!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Yeah I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I saw it. It?s nothing like the design. And the cupcakes are disturbing. And I don?t understand why there was a caveat in the rules that the animal chosen had nothing to do with its drops yet the alicorn is dropping (surprise!) energy. Yet we don?t even know how much energy. Is it a daily Ali? Is it a weekly Ali? What?s its max energy? Is it worth 400 (!!!!!!) gems. No one knows!
    Yeah, 400 gems seems a little pricey if the Alicorn only drops 3 or 4 energy at a time, with rare exceptions of more.

A rough estimate of weekly drops would only be 28, compared to the Ali that drops 40 once per week for 600 gems. Perhaps 250 gems would be fair, just like Black Friday? I don’t mind spending gems, but it does get expensive on limited items.

Rhino Keeper
    Amirasweets or anyone who purchases it can give us a better idea of timing and drops
    I play for fun ❤️🏰👸🏼 CS: kiro kingdom.

Nightclub Owner
    It is a daily Alicorn but that’s all I know for now. It’s a baby right now, I think it should be grown in time for me to collect from it tomorrow. But seeing as how they changed a good bit of it and didn’t work it into the story at all I’m thinking its likely to only drop energy.

I put pics of the front and back of the inventory card up over in the event thread so people could see the info before deciding whether or not to purchase.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 02-02-18 at 07:28 PM.

Executive Chef
    That looks like a pacifier in Sweet Tooth's mouth. I have to remind myself that it's a chocolate truffle.
    The messy Ali looked happier.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    That looks like a pacifier in Sweet Tooth's mouth. I have to remind myself that it's a chocolate truffle.
    The messy Ali looked happier.
    Logically, I knew it wasn't going to be exactly as the pic I entered, which is good because mine was super rough looking, but still a good idea I think. However, what I didn't realize is how very much it would be altered. I suppose as long as it's an Ali that gives energy, then that's good enough but I will always think of Sweet Tooth as the Chocolate Truffle Ali I first imagined.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Logically, I knew it wasn't going to be exactly as the pic I entered, which is good because mine was super rough looking, but still a good idea I think. However, what I didn't realize is how very much it would be altered. I suppose as long as it's an Ali that gives energy, then that's good enough but I will always think of Sweet Tooth as the Chocolate Truffle Ali I first imagined.
    what I meant when I said messy was the chocolate on your Ali and your story about how she prepared the candy and well things got messy. Not your drawing by any means.
    I guess part 2 is Ali got cleaned up and her truffles are delicious. Lol.
    I wish she was in Baron's tent.

I wish she was in the Baron’s tent as well. I also think the melted chocolate was cuter. What better proof of a sweet tooth than wearing the evidence?
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    So S8 made a competetion which Annira won, well deserved, with a fun and chocolate-covered alicorn, an excellent story behind and ideas for drops. S8 then took the winner, changed the design, discarded the story and - from the description - probably also omitted the drops.

So now it is another daily alicorn on sale for 400 gems?

Annira, I want to buy your alicorn!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast