Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Old goal pop ups

The Honorable Panda
    I am sorry that some of you are experiencing this frustrating issue. I did check with Elsa (community manager ) to see if I could get a little more information on this issue.

Information from the community manager:

This is a long-term issue that affects a limited number of Android devices (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands). We have thoroughly researched the issue and unfortunately, this is a device issue where either the software or hardware of the device is causing unpredictable behavior with the app. This isn't something we can patch on our end.

While we have been unable to identify an effective troubleshooting fix, some players have mentioned in the past that hard resetting the device helped with their issue. Please note, if you decide to do this that we're not responsible for any data loss by hard resetting your device and recommend you back up your data and are absolutely sure before you try it.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I am sorry that some of you are experiencing this frustrating issue. I did check with Elsa (community manager ) to see if I could get a little more information on this issue.

This is a long-term issue that affects a limited number of Android devices (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands). We have thoroughly researched the issue and unfortunately, this is a device issue where either the software or hardware of the device is causing unpredictable behavior with the app. This isn't something we can patch on our end.

While we have been unable to identify an effective troubleshooting fix, some players have mentioned in the past that hard resetting the device helped with their issue. Please note, if you decide to do this that we're not responsible for any data loss by hard resetting your device and recommend you back up your data and are absolutely sure before you try it.
    Thank you for your quick response and for checking with the community manager.

(1)
    From your thorough research, can you and/or the community manager clarify which of the flagship Android brands that are not affected by this issue. This is so that I can consider using other Android devices to avoid encountering the issue in RS (and BS). Btw I was using a SAMSUNG device last year when the old goal pop up issue bit me.

I shall also consider hard resetting my device and will report back if it resolves the issue or not.

(2)
    And what about the gems lost due to this old goal pop up issue? My lost gems were returned 3 times previously, but now for the past few months, all we get is an automated reply that the ticket is closed, immediately after a ticket submission. Will S8 support now help refund those gems?

I implore to S8 to improve on their customer service. Just imagine losing xx gems from the old goal pop up, submitting a ticket to S8 support and then finding an automated email that the ticket had been closed with no proper look into. To make it even worse, those gems have been bought with real money. First world problem yes, but it's not a great feeling.

If players are reassured that their lost gems (from old goal pop ups) are returned, then players would feel confident in buying gems with real money i.e. S8 gets the money to pay staff/hire more staff etc.

I for one would definitely have the confidence to buy gems again if I have the reassurance above.

I have read another post that mods can't help with the gem refund issue, but if you could please bring it up to the community manager/S8, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

New Resident

Angry Bakery Issues

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    If you come across this issue, please force-close your game and restart it.
    I noticed that people have had the same problems I have had with the interruptions for old goals. I usually ignore them except last night I saw a level that I did not complete and it said that if I paid 46 gems I would be able to complete the level. I paid the gems but I still do not have access to the recipes. They are still shaded as locked. So I would like to have my gems restored since this did not work. It is the stove for the candy canes.

New Resident
    ALSO....I did sent a ticket to the Storm8 and was told:
    Bakery Story | Thanks for contacting us.
    We have limited support services for Bakery Story and will not be able to respond to individual requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the Community Forums, as the community may have already shared information related to your request. You may want to turn on automatic updates to ensure your app is automatically updated if our team is able to address your issue and release an update with bug fixes and improvements.

New Resident
    More importantly how do we have gems restored for this obvious glitch in the system?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

well, i can tell you in my case, resetting device does not help.
    i have reset my device due to other issue (double wipe my machine) . old pop ups still appear

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 12yapa45 View Post
    More importantly how do we have gems restored for this obvious glitch in the system?
    Can a mod/community manager reply to this please?

Quote Originally Posted by hungryres View Post
    well, i can tell you in my case, resetting device does not help.
    i have reset my device due to other issue (double wipe my machine) . old pop ups still appear
    Thanks for letting us know in the forum that hard resetting your device did not fix the issue!

Farm Supplier
    (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands)

Like the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 167nicolea View Post
    (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands)

Like the Samsung Galaxy S8?
    Love your hint of sarcasm there.

(I had these old goal pop ups on my Samsung Galaxy S4 last year).

I got this pop ups too....