Thread: Counter space

Counter space

It would be a really great & helpful feature if we could move duplicate food items to one counter ourselves, so we can free up counters or store empty ones to free up space and organize easier. What ya think? ; )

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by darzcarbz View Post
    It would be a really great & helpful feature if we could move duplicate food items to one counter ourselves, so we can free up counters or store empty ones to free up space and organize easier. What ya think? ; )
    This is how you can eliminate the ‘duplicate food counter’ issue: (I have done it many times... Remove all your empty counters. Then cook a very quick (and cheap) recipe that you do not already have on an counter. (I use Brownies on BS and French Toast on RS). When that is done (each one takes only one minute), that food will need an empty counter. Don’t Take a counter out of storage. Whatever foods you have on duplicate counters will all go onto one counter, thereby freeing up a counter for the food you just cooked. You can now store any other empty counters if you don’t want this to happen again. Hope this info helps��

Executive Chef
    As an addendum, when the duplicate foods combine on to one counter, it will be the counter that's been out in your bakery the longest. So if you have 1 serving of chocolate cake on a basic counter that you've had out since you began the game, but eventually you started buying prettier counters and you have 20000 servings of chocolate cake on one of those, forcing the foods to combine as stereo38 describes (which is the only way to do it, this is just a warning) will put all 20001 servings of cake on the basic counter, not the newer pretty one.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    As an addendum, when the duplicate foods combine on to one counter, it will be the counter that's been out in your bakery the longest. So if you have 1 serving of chocolate cake on a basic counter that you've had out since you began the game, but eventually you started buying prettier counters and you have 20000 servings of chocolate cake on one of those, forcing the foods to combine as stereo38 describes (which is the only way to do it, this is just a warning) will put all 20001 servings of cake on the basic counter, not the newer pretty one.
    I did not realize that. Thanks for that info. Although it isn’t always possible, I try to have all the same counters out, so their sides match when they are lined up together.

Fashion Designer
    I did this too. It's annoying because I can't move it to the counter that I want, so I gave up on matching counters to the decoration.

Rhino Keeper
    I usually hide the counters that I don't want behind the pretty counters. Or behind large decor.

But I sometimes forget that it's there and didn't realise that it's already empty. So when I served my food, it gets placed on the old counter. /facepalm So annoying.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Fashion Designer
    If I could change one thing about the game, it would be the option to move food from one counter to another.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    If I could change one thing about the game, it would be the option to move food from one counter to another.
    Ditto.