Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rollbacks!

This issue has been officially named as "rubberbanding" by S8 and is something you see in practically all of their Story games.

S8's stand, apparently, is that we need to check with our Internet Service Providers. The following is a reply taken from the Bugs & Issues forum over at DS concerning an issue just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    We've investigated it and didn't find an issue. If you're still encountering high latency or rubberbanding, you may need to contact your service provider for troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
    It's things like this that make you wonder whether you should laugh or cry

Angry Game Resetting / Rubberbanding / Whatever-You-Call-It-ing

This nonsense of having the game reset or rubber-band on you is annoying enough when you're doing the regular things like planting food or breeding creatures or evolving them. But it really gets up your nose when you win a battle, leave the game, and come back an hour later to discover that for some inexplicable reason, the game had "reset" or "rubber-banded" and the battle won hadn't been fought.

What I don't understand is if the battle was reset or rubber-banded, why the countdown timer does not disappear?

And please do not tell me that I should be checking with my ISP and asking them to help me troubleshoot latency issues because it is stupid to suggest that it might be their or my fault when other more demanding games NEVER experience this issue. EVER

If you can't get the expansions or any other improvements out, you could, at the very least, do something about this issue so that the game plays without annoying its players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123