Thread: Hoot Dragon - trading portal issues

New Resident

Hoot Dragon - trading portal issues

Hi,
    I have been trying to trade a couple of different dragons through the trading portal, due to I have 2-3 of the same type.
    The issue I have come across is that while most of the dragons I can trade, the hoot dragon doesn't even pop up in the list to be able to trade. I was wondering if this was due to a specific reason (perhaps the dragon type) or are other people experiencing the same issue?

Thank you so much for your time

Breeby93

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Some Dragons cannot be traded. Dragons that are eligible to be traded will have the Trade icon displayed in full color.

So how do we tell which are not eligible before we waste food and time evolving them, only to discover they are worthless????????? It isn’t like you give a higher sale value for level 4.

What is the rationale for whether they can be traded? Is there an indicator somewhere? Is there some logical rule we can use to determine whether it is worth saving a spare for Trading? When I pop something out of the nest does the window have a “cannot be traded” warning that I’ve missed?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Marg1780 View Post
    So how do we tell which are not eligible before we waste food and time evolving them, only to discover they are worthless????????? It isn’t like you give a higher sale value for level 4.
    I had one Hoot at level 4 SHOWING Trade under it, so I decided to evolve a 2nd one to trade since the coin to food cost ratio is rediculous on Hoot anyway. I immediatly tried to trade the 2nd one after evolve and the trade symbol was not there. I am positive it was there before I evolved the 2nd one. I would not have wasted time or coins on a dragon that costs more to keep than it gains in coins... Thanks. Had an island few years back but constant crashes at high level made me delete it. I love the game, happy to start again.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Some Dragons cannot be traded. Dragons that are eligible to be traded will have the Trade icon displayed in full color.
    First Hoot DEFINITELY had the Trade Icon under it. That was the Only reason I spent time and coins to evolve a 2nd Hoot, which cost more to house and feed then it's worth.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie2018 View Post
    First Hoot DEFINITELY had the Trade Icon under it. That was the Only reason I spent time and coins to evolve a 2nd Hoot, which cost more to house and feed then it's worth.
    A lot of players confuse the Hoot Dragon with the Owl Dragon because they both share yellow and red elements. One of them can be traded and the other one can't be traded.