View Poll Results: Did you enjoy this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed this event

12 15.00%
  • I didn't enjoy this event

55 68.75%
  • I started but I couldn't finish

70 87.50%
  • I didn't participate

1 1.25%
  • Wassail Pot

15 18.75%
  • Tuneful Tile

6 7.50%
  • Poinsettias

15 18.75%
  • FaLaLaLamb

42 52.50%
  • Glitzen

45 56.25%
  • Wassail Wren

28 35.00%
  • Food

31 38.75%
  • Realm Runes

40 50.00%
  • I didn't like the prizes

6 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: EVENT: Seasonal Sounds - 2017 Nov 28 (POLL ADDED)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maheks View Post
    I agree with all the comments above too. This game use to be fun. Trying and enjoying the game I could get to the final price. Now with 4 nest full throughout the WE and my evolution flower full all the time and harvesting throughout WE I've just managed to get to the community prize and might make it to 2400 points but nowhere near getting the Glitzen. Now in WE getting the final price means spending money, buying gems. As a player if your willing to put money into a virtual game it's fine. I buy gems but I have a limit of how much I'm willing to spend in this game per month and S8 is expecting more and more from me each month which I'm not willing to do.
    Ditto. I can only spend so much. I've been spending *a lot* on this game, but these final milestones are ridiculously high. As I've said before, when I started playing a year ago, even as a "baby" player, I was usually able to finish or almost finish world events. I might have to spend like 50 gems to get the final individual prize, but it was totally worth it to get a cool new animals. But not 1200 gems. Uh-uh, no way. Ridiculous. Also, making the points so high to unlock the community prizes is also crazy. It used to be fun to be able to watch the progress we were making toward unlocking the prizes. now I only unlock the community prizes on the last day after doing a bunch of speed breeding to reach 2000 points (still no Candy Mane, though), and by then the prizes are almost all the way unlocked. there goes the fun of watching.
    Last edited by Phoenix406; 12-05-17 at 04:37 PM. Reason: additional info

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alohatami View Post
    Just chiming in as another player that barely made it to the Falalamb. The community prizes have been impossible for me on at least the last two world events. And, though I too am happy to spend some gems, I cannot afford the amounts S8 keeps putting on these events. I have spent way more than I wanted to this go-round, trying to breed the Candy Mane, but all I have to show for that is an army of Fairy Ferrets with a couple of Falabys and Solar Simians thrown in. I really need to just start ignoring all of these events, and just play my own game. :/
    Ditto again (ditto has become my favorite comment! lol! Why restate what someone else has already perfectly stated?).

Grand Emperor
    Did you enjoy this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation!

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Fashion Designer
    Finished so close to 2400... and with minutes left and a couple gems left i watched those present points slip away. Along with glitzen...* sighhh * impossible nonsense yet i still keep trying..

Quote Originally Posted by miadoubled View Post
    Finished so close to 2400... and with minutes left and a couple gems left i watched those present points slip away. Along with glitzen...* sighhh * impossible nonsense yet i still keep trying..
    This event ran for 7 seven days, so it was from the onset impossible to complete without spending gems. In DS Story, they moved from a 10-Day to 7-Day now back to 10-Day World Event format, perhaps due to player feedback.

It is possible to complete a 10-Day World Event if you have the maximum number of Nests, Evolution Flowers and Farms and if you mine regularly and s****fully.

Hmm... It's been almost 2 hours since the polls opened and so far no one seems to like this event

Rhino Keeper
    Dear Storm8. I have participated in my last world event until you make them fun again. Further I have spent my last dollar of hard earned money chasing your limited breed animals that I can not get. I used to be willing to spend some because I would eventually achieve success. This is no longer true and you may think that you have no competition for my hard earned money but you are very mistaken. There are many many many options when it comes to my entertainment budget and you have just made yourselves irrelevant.

Signed

faithful player of three years.

Fashion Designer
    First, the good:

The Tuneful Tiles and especially the Poinsettias are very pretty, and I was happy to put them out in my few available spaces for decoration for the Christmas season.

I did - barely - manage to get the FaLaLaLamb on all three of my accounts. My baby account had to spend 7 gems at the end (and I think I sped a couple things), but I probably could have avoided that by playing a little more aggressively. So now I have a Winter element in all of my accounts to test with - yay!

Now, the constructive criticism (aka, BAD):

Decorations that have no function are not prizes. They are not rewards. They are nuisances that stand in the way of the items that players really want, and they end up just cluttering our storage or getting sold. Let people buy them for coins, or even gems if you think you can get people to spend gems for them. But don't pretend they're something worth working for in an event.

There is no point in having community prizes if most of the community cannot achieve them. It is defeating and demoralizing for the good prizes (I can't believe I'm calling food and runes "good prizes") to be out of reach to the lower-level players who could actually use them. High level players who are committed to spending money on the game are not going to spend money for food and runes. That's just stupid.

Prizes need to be ALMOST attainable if you want people to spend gems. No sane person is going to happily shell out $20-$40 PER EVENT just to complete a collection of virtual animals. And by putting great prizes so far out of reach, you end up frustrating and alienating your loyal customer base. However, if you make it so that the really dedicated players can get within, say, 50-100 gems' worth of the end goal, that's motivating! That's doable! Those who are hoarders can still decide if they like the final prizes enough to deplete their hoard to get the prize. And those who are spenders will HAPPILY buy a value pack or a small gem pack for the satisfaction of completing the event and adding another animal to their forest.

Overview:
    I like the World Event as a format. I loathe the changes that have been made in recent months. It used to be a lot of fun and a community builder. Now it's just making people mad.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    First, the good:

The Tuneful Tiles and especially the Poinsettias are very pretty, and I was happy to put them out in my few available spaces for decoration for the Christmas season.

I did - barely - manage to get the FaLaLaLamb on all three of my accounts. My baby account had to spend 7 gems at the end (and I think I sped a couple things), but I probably could have avoided that by playing a little more aggressively. So now I have a Winter element in all of my accounts to test with - yay!

Decorations that have no function are not prizes. They are not rewards. They are nuisances that stand in the way of the items that players really want, and they end up just cluttering our storage or getting sold. Let people buy them for coins, or even gems if you think you can get people to spend gems for them. But don't pretend they're something worth working for in an event.

There is no point in having community prizes if most of the community cannot achieve them. It is defeating and demoralizing for the good prizes (I can't believe I'm calling food and runes "good prizes") to be out of reach to the lower-level players who could actually use them. High level players who are committed to spending money on the game are not going to spend money for food and runes. That's just stupid.

Prizes need to be ALMOST attainable if you want people to spend gems. No sane person is going to happily shell out $20-$40 PER EVENT just to complete a collection of virtual animals. And by putting great prizes so far out of reach, you end up frustrating and alienating your loyal customer base. However, if you make it so that the really dedicated players can get within, say, 50-100 gems' worth of the end goal, that's motivating! That's doable! Those who are hoarders can still decide if they like the final prizes enough to deplete their hoard to get the prize. And those who are spenders will HAPPILY buy a value pack or a small gem pack for the satisfaction of completing the event and adding another animal to their forest.

Overview:
    I like the World Event as a format. I loathe the changes that have been made in recent months. It used to be a lot of fun and a community builder. Now it's just making people mad.
    Well said!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    First, the good:

Overview:
    *Perfectly* said! Hopefully the powers that be see this, absorb it, mull it over, and make appropriate improvements to the events.

Farm Supplier
    I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one who has been disappointed lately with the events. I kept thinking it was me, and that I was doing something wrong or more distracted lately, but clearly it is more than that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast